Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rate the last TV Show you watched

44 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Watched the first of that 'Confessions of a Drug Mule' on BBC IPlayer last night. About to watch the second episode now. It's about the Peru two, the girls who got caught. The Irish one narrating it. I can't believe how fucking thick she claims she was. Thought Lima was in Spain until she was on a plane heading a cross the Atlantic blah blah blah. Interesting so far though although it's weirdly made. 

_109484659_10e17551-d4d4-4b43-8749-ce37e

Added to my watchlist.

7 hours ago, Butch said:

Das boot TV series. Probably mentioned here before but started watching this last night. Loved the original movie from 82 and thought this might be a bit shite but it's actually brilliant. Great effects and writing. What makes it better is its German with subtitles. 

Its good but not a patch on the film.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Totally agree.

All the Resistance stuff and the time spent on shore took away the tension and creeping, crushing, oppressive dread which makes Das Boot the film so special.

20 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

That goes without saying but it's a lot better than I thought it would be. I avoided watching it for that very reason. It's Really good. 

10 minutes ago, Butch said:

That goes without saying but it's a lot better than I thought it would be. I avoided watching it for that very reason. It's Really good. 

Season 2 is better as well. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Butch said:

Fairy muff. Having actual German speakers retains the authenticity of the series too.

• Upvote 1

On 22/07/2021 at 08:47, YorkshireRed said:

Don’t give up on BB if it underwhelms you at first (particularly if you’re comparing to some of the reviews you may have seen/heard). It definitely gets better, much better.

In my opinion BCS is the better show. One of the best ever made. It’s different from BB but at the same time, very similar.

Enjoy. 

@Dr Nowt deffo this ^^^ . For me only the sopranos has been better. The problem with season 1 was it happened during a writer's strike. So they had an arc for a dozen episodes or whatever and then had to figure out how to compress that story line into 7 episodes. 

On 27/07/2021 at 06:46, Paul said:

Really enjoying both Season 2 of Betty and the first season of Ted Lasso. In very different ways, both are that rare combination of heart-warming and entertaining. On paper neither should work but they each do brilliantly. 

Ted Lasso is brilliant. I rewatched it this week (season 1) I just blasted through it. It's one of the best light shows for years. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Elite said:

Midway through Ted Lasso, it's really good fun and easy viewing.

Jame Tartt is a massive cunt.

8/10 thus far.

Corny as fuck somehow very watchable. I did it in two sittings. 

I’ve never watched Seinfeld until I started it the other day. Really good so far and I’m only 30 years late to it. 

• Upvote 1

Ted Lasso - 8/10

Easy viewing and much better than I expected. Looking forward to season 2.

Now on to Animal Kingdom season 5, one of my favourite current shows. Anyone who hasn't watched it, get on it as it's ace.

On 27/07/2021 at 15:39, Butch said:

Das boot TV series. Probably mentioned here before but started watching this last night. Loved the original movie from 82 and thought this might be a bit shite but it's actually brilliant. Great effects and writing. What makes it better is its German with subtitles. 

Negged for not putting this in the Upcoming TV Show thread. If you don’t wipe a puppy’s face in its mess it’ll never learn.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Negged for not putting this in the Upcoming TV Show thread. If you don’t wipe a puppy’s face in its mess it’ll never learn.

Get up to date fuck face it's from 2018. 

e410edcf7aeca60e7563015509837f8b_700wa_0.gif

• Upvote 3

Baptiste series 1.

Started off really well then just fell off a cliff from episode 3.

The man on the street wouldn’t make the stupid decisions this hard nosed detective does.

Seeing a lot of hate for series 2 at the min so will give that a swerve.

find something else to watch if you’re hesitating on this 

Started re-watching Lost again this week, raced through series 1 and just starting season 2 now. Tbh I'd forgotten just how good it is.

Excellent escapism.

#TeamLocke

• Upvote 1

Just finished the second series of Rectify. I’m deliberately taking my time as it’s nice to have something to look forward to.

Very enjoyable, it can be quite slow at times but this just adds to the atmosphere of the show.

It has depth and the way some of the ‘minor’ characters are developing is really interesting.

Looking forward to season three but I’m going to wait a bit.

8/10

p.s. I love Amantha.

0213CFCF-A88B-4D25-8523-D68764BA798E.jpeg

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Just finished the second series of Rectify. I’m deliberately taking my time as it’s nice to have something to look forward to.

Very enjoyable, it can be quite slow at times but this just adds to the atmosphere of the show.

It has depth and the way some of the ‘minor’ characters are developing is really interesting.

Looking forward to season three but I’m going to wait a bit.

8/10

p.s. I love Amantha.

0213CFCF-A88B-4D25-8523-D68764BA798E.jpeg

She was also sensational in The Fappening!

• Upvote 3