You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

4 hours ago, Elite said:

Anyone found anything new lately or even older shows that went under the radar a bit?

I'm at a loose end, well apart from Bosch.

I’m currently enjoying “on becoming a god in central Florida” it’s got a bit of a Fargo vibe. Kirsten Dunst is great in it too, only on episode 5 but I’d recommend it.

3 hours ago, Elite said:

I've already done that both BB and BCS both better 2nd time around as well. 

I like watching things I haven't seen but there's a dearth lately.

You watched Dark on Netflix didn’t you? The German one about time travel and shit? 

I’d recommend that to everyone. It’s mind boggling but really, really good. I’d rate it comfortably at 8/10

My bird asked me to watch some French thing, which I’m assuming is the one being discussed here. I said if she wanted to watch something with subtitles we should watch Dark. She said no, so I said I’m not watching the French one. A bit of give and take is all I was asking for. 

sparklingskeletaleskimodog-size_restrict

Just now, Captain Turdseye said:

You watched Dark on Netflix didn’t you? The German one about time travel and shit? 

I’d recommend that to everyone. It’s mind boggling but really, really good. I’d rate it comfortably at 8/10

My bird asked me to watch some French thing, which I’m assuming is the one being discussed here. I said if she wanted to watch something with subtitles we should watch Dark. She said no, so I said I’m not watching the French one. A bit of give and take is all I was asking for. 

sparklingskeletaleskimodog-size_restrict

Yeah Dark is immense.

I'll only watch subtitles if the show has rave reviews.

14 hours ago, Elite said:

Anyone found anything new lately or even older shows that went under the radar a bit?

I'm at a loose end, well apart from Bosch.

Did you watch Unbelievable on Netflix? Came out a couple of years ago. That was good.

Most people on this thread seem to have watched everything so it’s difficult to recommend anything! I’m guessing you’ve seen The Night Of and When They See Us?

On 07/07/2021 at 10:17, VladimirIlyich said:

Really struggling to get into The Serpent,currently showing on Netflix and is a BBC co production. It's taken me about a week to watch 4 episodes. The timeline is all over the place and I can't say the acting is particular great either. It's a great story and would probably make a great documentary too but it's just not doing a lot for me.

Exactly the same here. Didn’t finish it. Jenna Coleman in it though …… wow 

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ve decided to rewatch The World at War for an hour a day whilst pedalling on the exercise bike. I can rest my phone and the telly remote on the bars under the seat so I can browse on here or get Spotify going on the smart speaker. 

I reckon you'll surrender before France.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ve decided to rewatch The World at War for an hour a day whilst pedalling on the exercise bike. I can rest my phone and the telly remote on the bars under the seat so I can browse on here or get Spotify going on the smart speaker. 

Getting fancy this Peloton shit.

• Upvote 2

Onto series 3 of Cobra Kai and it’s still boss but the kids are starting to turn into karate Glee. 

They had a footy match last night and my god they were bad.

Apart from that, the adults are all spot on but Daniels obsession with Mr Miyagi is getting a bit concerning. 

Johhny Lawrence is one brilliant character and John Crease is one scary fucker 

8 dojo’s out of 10 crane kicks

10 hours ago, Arniepie said:

The handmaids tale 

Season 4 takes a different approach and there are some outstanding episodes(the crossing)

She is absolutely brilliant in it and also directs a few episodes.

Was listening to a podcast and they mentioned that Elizabeth Moss is a Scientologist which makes her role in the Handmaids tale a little odd. I know they aren’t the same but the controlling nature of the “religion” in HT and her own background must have brought up some

interesting personal reflection. 

Little boy blue. I'm late to this one, Stephen Graham as the determined detective in charge of the case. 4 parts with great acting. Unbelievably hard to imagine what the parents went through. Actually on YouTube for free. 

Tissues needed. 

• Upvote 1