You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I like pennyworth too, but I reckon it's a B tier show. The first episodes dropped in the states on EPIX (4 of them) in December, but it looks like a lot of shows, there's production issues delaying it. It resumes this week (7th), which is perhaps why Starz are running it here now. 

I agree that it is a tier below but I started watching it with zero expectations and was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it for what it was, similarly with Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing, all rather good.

Another one I watched on Amazon recently having never heard of it was Halt and Catch Fire and that was really good.

3 hours ago, Chairman Meow said:

The problem with streaming is it has basically turned into the same as satellite/cable now. Too many providers/add ons and it's now no cheaper than paying for the telly. Plus like the telly the majority of it is essentially repeats/stuff you've seen before or utter garbage so you're paying way over the odds for some decent stuff and the rest is fucking shite. #

I called that happening years ago. Right about when Netflix became popular over in the US, before it had a presence of here. It was inevitable that companies like Universal, Paramount and Disney would realise that selling catalogues wholesale to them made less sense than doing it themselves, and yeah, you're right, all the 'cord cutters' in the US are now paying for cable by another name.

1 hour ago, Total Longo said:

Finsihed S1 of Narcos : Mexico last night with a double header. Superb TV, a slow start but it built up the characters magnificently and the 9th episode in particular was incredible. Felix Gallardo not quite up there with Escobar as an iconic antagonist, but nobody ever could be. Felix is likeable in comparison to Rafa Quintero.

Going to press on with S2 now.  

The last episode of season 2 is unreal mate. Can't wait for season 3. 

3 hours ago, sir roger said:

Agree with VI , although I did like the books so was already a bit invested once I had got over the actor not looking anything like I imagined him.

Yes,absolutely correct. That aside,the acting and script are top notch and I too am an avid reader of the Harry Bosch novels.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

I agree that it is a tier below but I started watching it with zero expectations and was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it for what it was, similarly with Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing, all rather good.

Another one I watched on Amazon recently having never heard of it was Halt and Catch Fire and that was really good.

paloma faith is fucking great in it. i hope she is in season 2, i haven't started it yet. 

I’ve struggled to get into Bosch simply because I love the books so much and the portrayals don’t really touch what was going on in my head from having read them all a couple of times each.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, RedKnight said:

I called that happening years ago. Right about when Netflix became popular over in the US, before it had a presence of here. It was inevitable that companies like Universal, Paramount and Disney would realise that selling catalogues wholesale to them made less sense than doing it themselves, and yeah, you're right, all the 'cord cutters' in the US are now paying for cable by another name.

This is why I keep my sub going with ororo. I normally get a 2 year sub for around 50 euro and it pools all the shows from different networks into one - with the advent of more providers it represents even higher value. 

I just wouldn't justify paying for HBO, Netflix, prime, Disney, hulu and any others that are starting so having them all in one easy place is perfect for me. 

11 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

It started well but got a bit cheesy for me. Bosh himself is a terrible actor but the storylines are ok. Worth it if you've watched most other things. 

I watched the first episode but haven't gone back to it, do plan to though. 

You are going mental over how good ZeroZeroZero is and you havent watched Gomorrah? Bloody hell.

On 04/03/2021 at 15:53, Carvalho Diablo said:

Snowfall series 4 ep 3, still the best thing on the telly by a mile. Naff all competition mind.

T’was very good. Bubbling up nicely. 

Watched that White House Farm on Netflix. Dramatisation of that Jeremy Bamber mass murder. It was alright. Just one of those standard British crime dramas of the kind you’d normally see running on Sunday nights on BBC1 or ITV. 6.5/10

Moved on to When They See Us after reading Elite posting about it on here and the subsequent discussion. It’s been on my ‘list’ for ages and at some point I’d watched half of the first episode before drifting off to something else. Finally watched the entire episode last night and it’ll be going on again in a bit once the kids have gone up. 

6 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

T’was very good. Bubbling up nicely. 

Watched that White House Farm on Netflix. Dramatisation of that Jeremy Bamber mass murder. It was alright. Just one of those standard British crime dramas of the kind you’d normally see running on Sunday nights on BBC1 or ITV. 6.5/10

Moved on to When They See Us after reading Elite posting about it on here and the subsequent discussion. It’s been on my ‘list’ for ages and at some point I’d watched half of the first episode before drifting off to something else. Finally watched the entire episode last night and it’ll be going on again in a bit once the kids have gone up. 

I enjoyed White House Farm but Stephen Grahams welsh accent is fucking despicable 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I enjoyed White House Farm but Stephen Grahams welsh accent is fucking despicable 

Right enough, mush. It’s far from tidy like. 

Posted loads on here about how I like to watch documentaries in bed to fall asleep to. They need to be interesting enough to watch but serene so as to put you asleep. The best one I found was The Civil War a couple of years ago. Great show but it took me months to watch because the narrators voice and the light music had me spark out within minutes every night. I’ve recently stumbled upon something similar on YouTube. It’s probably familiar to all the Yanks on here. A long running series of PBS films called The American Experience. Documentaries about all manner of historical events & figures falling under the same banner. All genuinely interesting and peaceful at the same time. It’s now my go-to show at bedtime. There’s a four hour film about FDR that took me over a week to watch. Also watched the ones about the Gold Rush, the Nuremberg Trials and the Transcontinental Railroad. There’s fucking loads of them on YouTube. Magic. 

• Upvote 1

Probably been done a million times but fuck it. Better call Saul, I found it really slow when it was first out, think you had to wait a week between episodes and it was just too slow to justify that. Started to watch it again and its amazing, the way they build up the plots towards Breaking Bad is genius. I don't know if it was written before Breaking Bad or not or even if the writers had a guaranteed 5 seasons of this as they began, it took some balls for them to put the first couple of seasons together, they could have easily pulled the plug on them and left behind a what fuck was that type show. Instead they produced a 10/10 master piece*

* I still have a couple of episodes left so this is subject to very unlikely change.

• Upvote 4