You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

1 minute ago, Elite said:

Wouldn't be to bad if you got it for 99p and could cancel prime but on top, nah they can get fucked as it locks you in to both for 3 months.

I don't mind paying a bit more for stuff to watch as there's not much else to do at the minute (Stig's voting polls aside), I've watched most decent things on Netflix and Amazon so the extra stuff is a bonus.

Just now, manwiththestick said:

I don't mind paying a bit more for stuff to watch as there's not much else to do at the minute (Stig's voting polls aside), I've watched most decent things on Netflix and Amazon so the extra stuff is a bonus.

I just think you should get all the shows on advertised on a certain platform without having to pay extra, Netflix don't pull that shit. I've noticed Prime do it with documentaries as well the cheeky twats.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

Yeah definitely, some of the streams are crap for that sort of thing. Mind you, Now TV's subs don't work properly at the best of times.

Any close mates with sky? We use my step daughters sky go on the xbox. Basically normal sky and everything on her subscription is on ours. 

19 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Any close mates with sky? We use my step daughters sky go on the xbox. Basically normal sky and everything on her subscription is on ours. 

I've got Sky Sports and the 'entertainment' channels, so can watch footie on my PC if the missus wants the TV. I subbed to Now over Christmas because the youngest wanted to watch the Harry Potter movies (think it was 6 months at £2.99, plus free movies for a week or something).

There's some decent box sets on there, but the subtitles are atrocious and don't work properly for many series. Both the Now TV app and Sky Go are absolute garbage compared to other companies' streaming services, they're barebones and lacking a lot of features. Sky Go will stop streaming if it thinks you have video capture software running too- that includes the snipping tool on Windows, bizarrely...

I’m watching Gomorrah after watching zerozerozero thought I’d give it a go. Really good so far pretty fucking bleak though.Just started second series. The Small Axe films by Steve McQueen are deffo worth watching.

I fucking love Snowfall. As John Singleton died I hope the new series is of the same standard as the previous ones. Will have to wait for it to appear on iplayer as I don’t have kodi. 

51 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

I’m watching Gomorrah after watching zerozerozero thought I’d give it a go. Really good so far pretty fucking bleak though.Just started second series. The Small Axe films by Steve McQueen are deffo worth watching.

I fucking love Snowfall. As John Singleton died I hope the new series is of the same standard as the previous ones. Will have to wait for it to appear on iplayer as I don’t have kodi. 

I started Gomorrah the other week and am flying through it. One of the best things I’ve ever seen and because I need subtitles ensures I have to pay attention rather than be distracted.

I’m as much enjoying the style of it, whether that be the contrast between the shithole externals of the apartments compared to their palatially furnished interiors and the class rig outs of the gangsters. 
Naples has definitely gone back on the travel wish list off the back it.

10 hours ago, Elite said:

I just think you should get all the shows on advertised on a certain platform without having to pay extra, Netflix don't pull that shit. I've noticed Prime do it with documentaries as well the cheeky twats.

Prime isn’t (excuse the pun) primarily a streaming service though. It’s a means to bring a mass of customers into an Amazon walled garden for online shopping. In that context, Starz is just a tiny bolt on for a niche few. 

The problem with streaming is it has basically turned into the same as satellite/cable now. Too many providers/add ons and it's now no cheaper than paying for the telly. Plus like the telly the majority of it is essentially repeats/stuff you've seen before or utter garbage so you're paying way over the odds for some decent stuff and the rest is fucking shite. #

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Really mate? We cancelled ours at Xmas been watching things with subtitles and been ok

There are quite a few complaints about it in the Now forums, I'm not sure if it happens on Smart TVs, but it definitely does on PC. I generally put subs on if I'm watching late at night as I don't want to wake anyone up, and I hate wearing headphones.

Penny Dreadful was one example- the subs kept freezing in place for a few minutes, then it would rapidly cycle through the lines until it caught up. At one point, it froze for a good half hour, then you got half an hour's worth of dialog in the last ten seconds of the episode. Bizarre.

13 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Pennyworth is a decent watch, Season two just started the other night. Think it's on Starz through Amazon.

I like pennyworth too, but I reckon it's a B tier show. The first episodes dropped in the states on EPIX (4 of them) in December, but it looks like a lot of shows, there's production issues delaying it. It resumes this week (7th), which is perhaps why Starz are running it here now. 

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Prime isn’t (excuse the pun) primarily a streaming service though. It’s a means to bring a mass of customers into an Amazon walled garden for online shopping. In that context, Starz is just a tiny bolt on for a niche few. 

Well they should call it Amazon Video Marketplace instead of Prime Video. It's sold as a Netflix alternative.

9 hours ago, diamondjoe said:

Started watching Bosch. Should I invest my time in it or sack it in and look elsewhere for detective drama?

It started well but got a bit cheesy for me. Bosh himself is a terrible actor but the storylines are ok. Worth it if you've watched most other things. 

9 hours ago, Soft Joe said:

I watched the first episode but haven't gone back to it, do plan to though. 

Finsihed S1 of Narcos : Mexico last night with a double header. Superb TV, a slow start but it built up the characters magnificently and the 9th episode in particular was incredible. Felix Gallardo not quite up there with Escobar as an iconic antagonist, but nobody ever could be. Felix is likeable in comparison to Rafa Quintero.

Going to press on with S2 now.  

10 hours ago, diamondjoe said:

Started watching Bosch. Should I invest my time in it or sack it in and look elsewhere for detective drama?

Bosch is great fun, it's next season will be the last.

But... they're launching a 'spin-off' with Titus Welliver as Bosch where he leaves the LAPD (something that does happen in the novels) and goes to work elsewhere. Why is it a spin-off and not just carrying on with the main show? I'd guess because a show seven seasons old has higher production costs compared to a newer one. The irony of that theory is that Amazon are richer than God. The new spin-off will air on IMDbTV. No, me either.