Quantcast
Rate the last TV Show you watched - Page 584 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rate the last TV Show you watched

30 minutes ago, Alan Sex said:

Whatever floats your boat. 

As far as the seeping and weeping goes, maybe man-kegels or a day or two off from polishing the joystick would help build up the boiler pressure again. 

Ha ha. Only on the GF is giving up wanking the answer to a bloke being too emotionally sensitive. 

29 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I actually think the Oprah thing elevates it from good to brilliant. The programme itself is very emotional and invokes a feeling of revulsion to what happens. But the Oprah part makes it not a TV show and really hits home the reality of it all in a way hopefully most of us never have to live with..

Yeah it was really good. You could tell the emotion from the cast was genuine when the five guys were speaking.

Korey Wise clearly has some form of learning disability which makes it all the more sadder than he was allowed to be treated that way, not that the other guys didn't have it really shit either but they've at least managed to piece their lives back together somewhat and all have families.

The director has and should receive tons of credit, she did an amazing job putting it all together.

• Upvote 1

On 12/02/2021 at 00:02, Brownie said:

Really enjoying Ramy, feels like a refreshing change compared to some of the stuff out there.

Just finished season 2 and I enjoyed this despite Ramy.  Found myself enjoying the episodes that focus on the other characters.

It's odd to have a show where the titular character is such an annoying, dumb, irritating, insipid little douchebag, he just got worse the longer it went on, more stuttery and more unlikeable.

Watched the first 3 episodes of WandaVision last night, I enjoyed it straight away but it's slowly becoming very interesting. I haven't seen the first two Avengers movies so can somebody please explain how Ultron fits into the narrative?

7 minutes ago, Elite said:

Watched the first 3 episodes of WandaVision last night, I enjoyed it straight away but it's slowly becoming very interesting. I haven't seen the first two Avengers movies so can somebody please explain how Ultron fits into the narrative?

Ultron killed Wanda's brother in Age of Ultron and devasted her home city of Sokovia fighting the Avengers. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Ultron killed Wanda's brother in Age of Ultron and devasted her home city of Sokovia fighting the Avengers. 

Nice one.

I didn't think I'd be into this show as much as I am, I like some of the movies but don't generally watch the Marvel TV shows but this show is unique and not formulaic at all.

Discount any other Marvel TV show as they never really dovetailed with the MCU anyway. Marvel's film and TV sections were not on the best of terms. Now it's all under the movie section and any TV show is fully entwined with the MCU.

WandaVision makes it clear that these are film concepts stretched out to TV mini-series length. Sort of like Netflix and their 'our show is really a 10 hour movie' bollocks, but without the need to make every episode 55 minutes and more.

12 hours ago, fungus said:

Just finished season 2 and I enjoyed this despite Ramy.  Found myself enjoying the episodes that focus on the other characters.

It's odd to have a show where the titular character is such an annoying, dumb, irritating, insipid little douchebag, he just got worse the longer it went on, more stuttery and more unlikeable.

I really like him. I think the point is that he’s confused about what he is and how Islam fits into his life. That’s why he is the way he is, in it.

8 hours ago, Elite said:

Nice one.

I didn't think I'd be into this show as much as I am, I like some of the movies but don't generally watch the Marvel TV shows but this show is unique and not formulaic at all.

If you’re getting into it, you’ll almost certainly want to watch Falcon and The Winter Soldier which is going to pick up some other threads from the Sokovia stuff straight after WandaVision ends. In that context I’d recommend watching: Age of Ultron, Winter Soldier, Civil War, Infinity War and Endgame. These are probably also the most straight up action/thriller type films in the MCU too.  

28 minutes ago, Paul said:

If you’re getting into it, you’ll almost certainly want to watch Falcon and The Winter Soldier which is going to pick up some other threads from the Sokovia stuff straight after WandaVision ends. In that context I’d recommend watching: Age of Ultron, Winter Soldier, Civil War, Infinity War and Endgame. These are probably also the most straight up action/thriller type films in the MCU too.  

I've seen all those apart from Age of Ultron. I've watched most of the Marvel movies (apart from a few) just not the TV shows but from what I gather they are stand alone and have no bearing on the overall Marvel arc which the new shows like WandaVision and TFATWS will be.

1 hour ago, Elite said:

I've seen all those apart from Age of Ultron. I've watched most of the Marvel movies (apart from a few) just not the TV shows but from what I gather they are stand alone and have no bearing on the overall Marvel arc which the new shows like WandaVision and TFATWS will be.

Yeah. They’re not in the MCU. That said, there are rumours that Daredevil will be in Spider-Man 3 and played by the same fella from the Netflix series. 

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

Yeah. They’re not in the MCU. That said, there are rumours that Daredevil will be in Spider-Man 3 and played by the same fella from the Netflix series. 

It's groundbreaking what they are doing, firstly with the movies and now the TV shows linking it all together.

I was sick of all the superhero stuff when it all started but I'm fully on board with how they are evolving the genre into a much broader viewing experience.

They aren't playing it safe either as WandaVision is showing, it's very quirky and the first few episodes could have put a lot of people off. I was a fan immediately as I loved watching Bewitched as a kid!

• Upvote 1

Cecil Hotel - Netflix. 

The biggest load of shite I’ve ever seen. 

Do not waste your time with this. I’m tempted to spoil the “ending” to save your souls but I’ll wait till I’m asked. 

A nothing story that Netflix have tried to manipulate into something that’s not there. 

Minus 10. 

Three episodes into that Cecil Hotel thing on Netflix and i can't get past the sycophantic bloke who thinks he has a bortherly connection with Elisa Lam (despite never meeting her and only getting interested after she disappeared) and the fella who is the lovechild of Steven Gerrard and Ross from Friends.

On 11/02/2021 at 14:16, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Marcella

The gf still likes it so I'm still watching it, but fuck me, it is getting MORE ridiculous. Season two was worse and i'm 3 episodes into season 3 and my eyes are in danger of rolling back into my head permanently. 

About 3 times an episode now I just let out a "oh for fuck sake, really? dead on."

Season 3 over. Fuck me, I hope there isn't a season 4. Just mental, and not in a good way. The plot is basically a 13 year olds fan fiction. Shite, unbelieve, inconsistent, all over the shop.

8 hours ago, Red74 said:

Cecil Hotel - Netflix. 

The biggest load of shite I’ve ever seen. 

Do not waste your time with this. I’m tempted to spoil the “ending” to save your souls but I’ll wait till I’m asked. 

A nothing story that Netflix have tried to manipulate into something that’s not there. 

Minus 10. 

I felt the same, it should have been a one episode on how incompetent was the investigation. 

The Cecil Hotel thing wasn’t that bad. Pure trashy exploitative stuff featuring loads of internet cranks.
I enjoyed the bits where it focused on the history of the hotel and also the area in downtown LA in which it is situated. Obviously stretching it over 4 episodes was a bit much. Without giving too much away the final episode clears everything up and there is no mystery really. Just very sad for that poor girl and her family.

3 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I felt the same, it should have been a one episode on how incompetent was the investigation. 

I think the makers of this have edited it to look like the investigation was incompetent rather than what it was. The video of her in the lift wasn’t doctored by the hotel or the cops. 

I got the impression that the “sleuths” had never even heard of this case and were used by the makers to try and see if they could find any dirt and ended up getting stitched up to make them take the fall.

There was never any times or dates on the postings or their searches and it felt that these had been added recently. Even with the bad goth there was no

timescale to when he started receiving the death threats.

That weirdo who sent someone to put his hands on her grave seemed a set up too. 

There’s probably a good reason why her family and any of her friends weren’t interviewed for this shite.