You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Just watched undercover paedophile programme on Ch4, disturbing, it must be hard to investigate that shit though rewarding when you've actually caught these cunts. 

There's one on now To Catch a Killer, it's about an old lady from Hong Kong and its particularly sad, I'd seen it before. I fuckin' violent hate criminals and can only wish them the ultimate sentence. 

4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Marcella 6/10

British detective drama. A bit farfetched, acting can be a bit shit, just a few plot holes here and there. Overall it's watchable. If I watched it alone I'd have chucked it actually but the gf likes it so happy enough to plod through the rest.

I watched the first series with my Ma, she loved it but I absolutely fucking detested it pretty much for the reasons you state.

• Upvote 1

I’m also on the Zerozerozero train. 

Read it’s from one of the writers of Gomorrah. It certainly a big budget of that show, which means it loses some of

its intimacy, but it’s still very, very good.  

Andrea Riseborough isn’t looking her best in it though. 

9 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’m also on the Zerozerozero train. 

Read it’s from one of the writers of Gomorrah. It certainly a big budget of that show, which means it loses some of

its intimacy, but it’s still very, very good.  

Andrea Riseborough isn’t looking her best in it though. 

Its written by Roberto Saviano,writer of Gomorrah,who has a contract on his life and lives every day under Police protection. This is because he gained inside knowledge of the Mafia and why his stories are so close to real life events portrayed in those stories.

• Upvote 1

On 31/01/2021 at 14:23, Gnasher said:

Off topic a bit but how fucking talented is that badly fella Gregg Wallace?  He's on one side judging the way contestants cook spaghetti bolognese and I've just seen him on the other side talking to sick animals in a sanctuary in Africa. He s also to be found on radio spinning old Dean Martin records.

I've got to admit I see or hear him and I immediately turn him off, hes a little to awe inspiring for me.

Edit, just turned back over and hes now swimming with penguins.

Who else would be able to go to a factory and take an hour to say "Ingredients and materials go in here; finished products come out there."

Genius.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Who else would be able to go to a factory and take an hour to say "Ingredients and materials go in here; finished products come out there."

Genius.

Probably for the adverts one and I might have posted it already but that trailer for the shit show, this is precision engineering, how many ingredients wow, and that bird saying, and we're going to show HOW, surely your mouth to doesn't have to open that wide to say how. 

Probably for the rant thread too

On 06/02/2021 at 14:47, Rushies tash said:

Watched Ramy last night on all 4. Comedy drama about a first generation Egyptian immigrant in New Jersey. Full of self-deprecating jokes about the expectations of the older, more traditional members of the Muslim community. Mo even gets a name check in the second episode. Enjoying it sor far. 8/10.

Just watched the first episode of this. Really enjoyed it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Genius.

My mate calls him ' The Shouty Grocer 'and hates him with a passion , he doesn't really bother me either way.

• Upvote 1

Anyone seen The Watch yet?

I heard Pratchett fans think it’s total shit as it’s taken some Discworld names and ideas and gone in a completely different direction with them. 

Interested to see if it holds up on its own merit before attempting to find it. 

5 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Watched the first series of Snowpiercer and the first couple of episodes of series two. It’s a great concept but in reality the show is a bit shit and all over the place. That said, it’s easy enough to watch and passes the time. Sean Bean comes into it in series two. The bastard. 

Is Snowpiercer the train thing? If so I think our very own @neko was responsible for some of the design work. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chairman Meow said:

Is Snowpiercer the train thing? If so I think our very own @neko was responsible for some of the design work. 

It is, but there’s apparently a 2013 film adapted from the same book. I remember Neko doing some stuff for the Amazon Nazi one before he went into the Canadian wilderness and bought himself a high castle. 

• Upvote 2

Started watching Hap and Leonard as i remembered that loads of people on here said it was boss. I thought the first episode was actually quite dull. Does it get any better?

Realised i still had all the episodes of Normal People on my Sky Q, watched that again in it's entirety, and whilst there are a few astoundingly dull moments, it's still a brilliant series. Also, deffo a bit in love with Daisy Edgar Jones. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Realised i still had all the episodes of Normal People on my Sky Q, watched that again in it's entirety, and whilst there are a few astoundingly dull moments, it's still a brilliant series. Also, deffo a bit in love with Daisy Edgar Jones. 

tenor.gif?itemid=4995846

• Upvote 1