Quantcast
Rate the last TV Show you watched - Page 569 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rate the last TV Show you watched

On 17/01/2021 at 14:33, RedKnight said:

Yeah, I don't disagree. I can't fault them for trying something different from normal but maybe not have three episodes of your TV show be about classic TV sitcoms. Hopefully it doesn't mean they're falling into the Netflix trap of not enough story for the running time.

i always get the impression when i am in america, everyone of every age knows those shows. Obviously they don't exist as part of popular culture really here. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

i always get the impression when i am in america, everyone of every age knows those shows. Obviously they don't exist as part of popular culture really here. 

If you're under 30 then I think it's less likely. Over here? As you say, it's not part of the culture.

Jimmi Simpson at his over the top best at the back end of season 1 of Hap and Leonard. I still can't look at him without thinking of that paper fake eye in IASIP.

• Upvote 1

Raised By Wolves (Sky Atlantic) - watched the first episode and was impressed. Didn't see the last third coming it was pretty spectacular. Be interesting to see if the rest of the series is any good (going off Ridley Scott's last few films I'm not holding my breath). 

Sin-título-2IG-1500x2122.jpg

Just now, johnsusername said:

Raised By Wolves (Sky Atlantic) - watched the first episode and was impressed. Didn't see the last third coming it was pretty spectacular. Be interesting to see if the rest of the series is any good (going off Ridley Scott's last few films I'm not holding my breath). 

Sin-título-2IG-1500x2122.jpg

I enjoyed it, the quality dips a bit after the first few episodes but it has bags of potential moving forward. It's already been renewed which is a positive.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Elite said:

I enjoyed it, the quality dips a bit after the first few episodes but it has bags of potential moving forward. It's already been renewed which is a positive.

Yea, the final few episodes went a bit fucking abstract for my liking.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

The acting in this new version of The Stand must be amongst the worst in the history of television.

Sub-Crossroads stuff.

Useless twats. In the right hands it could have been great.

• Upvote 1

On 19/01/2021 at 13:32, Elite said:

I've had it queued up to watch for ages and haven't got round to it. And now I can't remember what it's about and don't know if I want to watch it! Haha. I'll have to check it out. 

• Upvote 1

The Great 

Bit of an adult drama about Catherine The Great in a Horrible Histories way I guess. Stars Nicholas Hoult and Ellie Fanning. I am actually enjoying it and Nicholas Hoult is brilliant in it.

7,5 /10 

Hazzaarrr

20 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've had it queued up to watch for ages and haven't got round to it. And now I can't remember what it's about and don't know if I want to watch it! Haha. I'll have to check it out. 

Give it a go. The first episode is pretty spectacular.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Elite said:

Gonna give The Expanse another go.

I've done that three times now, and I always end up flaking out about the end of the second series. I really like the books too, but there always seems to be something a bit more... exciting to watch.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, grazywalker said:

The Great 

Bit of an adult drama about Catherine The Great in a Horrible Histories way I guess. Stars Nicholas Hoult and Ellie Fanning. I am actually enjoying it and Nicholas Hoult is brilliant in it.

7,5 /10 

Hazzaarrr

Watched a couple of episodes and thought it was a load of bollocks. Is it supposed to be funny?

23 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Watched a couple of episodes and thought it was a load of bollocks. Is it supposed to be funny?

I suppose it is all about expectation. I thought it looked mega shit, so perhaps the fact I was pleasantly surprised helped.

It is probably just Hoult's character that makes it for me.

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

I've done that three times now, and I always end up flaking out about the end of the second series. I really like the books too, but there always seems to be something a bit more... exciting to watch.

Hopefully it clicks with me this time, its scores on the review sites are top notch and a few people on here rave about it. I really want to like it, maybe that's the problem.

• Upvote 1

Episode 3 of WandaVision was better. I reckon it’s going to slowly come to the boil and then be fucking boss by the end. 

5 hours ago, grazywalker said:

The Great 

7,5 /10 

Hazzaarrr

Yeah I agree. Wasn't sure about it before it aired but it's really funny.

On Horrible Histories, their sitcom Ghosts is way better than I expected. The trailer made it look really shite but it's funny and the gags rate is high. A good BBC One modern sitcom? Who knew?

Always sunny in Philadelphia.

1st series was one of the funniest shows I’ve seen in years. 

Drop off in quality as each season goes on which is to be expected but just battled my way through series 7. Some episodes were a hard watch and I don’t feel like i missed anything skipping to the next episode half way through. 

Switched ep1 of the 8th series off after 5 minutes as it’s just the same stale joke now. 

Anyone recommend sticking with it? There’s another 7 series to go and I’d rather watch great episodes rather than the lot of them. 

The night man cometh, the dance marathon in the bar and Charlie in the green man suit tripping out with the McPoyles episodes had me reaching for my inhaler they were that funny. 

44 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Always sunny in Philadelphia.

1st series was one of the funniest shows I’ve seen in years. 

Drop off in quality as each season goes on which is to be expected but just battled my way through series 7. Some episodes were a hard watch and I don’t feel like i missed anything skipping to the next episode half way through. 

Switched ep1 of the 8th series off after 5 minutes as it’s just the same stale joke now. 

Anyone recommend sticking with it? There’s another 7 series to go and I’d rather watch great episodes rather than the lot of them. 

The night man cometh, the dance marathon in the bar and Charlie in the green man suit tripping out with the McPoyles episodes had me reaching for my inhaler they were that funny. 

It's all funny. All of it. Fuck you. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

After Life. Good show, funny and meaningful. 8\10.

Yeah. Just rewatched it with the kids, who loved it. Looking forward to the third series. 

Watched the first episode of It’s A Sin last night which was decent as it established the characters. The first hints of AIDS were introduced but the full awfulness hasn’t really emerged yet and I suspect it’s going to be pretty harrowing.