You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Last night, I dreamt I was hijacking the Boeing 727, only it was the 21st century, not the 70s. I asked Tina Mucklow, the air hostess, to light me a cigarette, she declined and said smoking was prohibited. Desperate for a ciggie, I got up, opened the door, jumped out and deployed my parachute. As I began to descend I realised I’d left the bag containing the $200,000 on the plane.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Last night, I dreamt I was hijacking the Boeing 727, only it was the 21st century, not the 70s. I asked Tina Mucklow, the air hostess, to light me a cigarette, she declined and said smoking was prohibited. Desperate for a ciggie, I got up, opened the door, jumped out and deployed my parachute. As I began to descend I realised I’d left the bag containing the $200,000 on the plane.

You had a chance to shag the air-stewardess and you blew it??!! 

8 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Never seen West Wing. Going to give it a go. Be nice if it's good, just seen there are 156 episodes. 

Its fantastic. Might look a bit dated now but the writing is sensational.

On another note,I've just started watching Letter Kenny,a quirky little Canadian comedy series of short episodes. A bit daft with echoes of Trailer Park Boys type of silly humour.

On 24/11/2020 at 22:58, Captain Turdseye said:

Agree about Storyville. Been raving about it on here for years. 

Question for anyone that’s got that BritBox thing... Does it have the back catalogue of Storyville? It’s always nice when they throw a couple of older ones on iplayer but there’s some that they never repeat. Always wanted to rewatch some of them with no joy. Shooting Bigfoot was a particular favourite but there've been many more. 

No its not. I got Britbox free for six months with BT TV.

I still haven't watched anything.

When I get the chance I might rewatch Our Friends In The North

• Upvote 1

On 24/11/2020 at 22:58, Captain Turdseye said:

Agree about Storyville. Been raving about it on here for years. 

Question for anyone that’s got that BritBox thing... Does it have the back catalogue of Storyville? It’s always nice when they throw a couple of older ones on iplayer but there’s some that they never repeat. Always wanted to rewatch some of them with no joy. Shooting Bigfoot was a particular favourite but there've been many more. 

• Upvote 1

Finished The Queens Gambit.

Quite good.  Went a bit Rocky 4 in the last episode.

It is a bit weird how it became so mega popular, when Netflix has so much stuff on it, and there's loads of other stuff all over the place probably of similar quality.  Bit like Tiger King, which was nothing special but became some cultural phenomenon.

It's better than Tiger King though.  Very watchable.

17 hours ago, redheart said:

I'm the same with BritBox on EE, I did watch Broadchurch but there's not a lot of it. 

17 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Brave New World (Sky)

8/10. 

Really enjoyed this - sci fi, funny, loads of eye candy, social uprising.

Slow start but really gets going after episode 2. Episode 5 Firefall was absolutely brilliant. 

image.png

I'll definitely be watching that.

That Woodstock programme last night was good, about the run up to the festival, the locals, the organising of it all and it's inevitable problems which got sorted more or less. 

Not so much of the bands, though they showed little bits and how they reacted to some. 

We woke up to Soul Sacrifice by Santana and thought what the fuck is this great music. 

Good film of the times, it must of been great seeing all those bands, not like the phoney cunts at today's corporate shite festivals with mainly shit bands. 

I wouldn't like to be that old though or probably toast by now. 

4 hours ago, Elite said:

Raised By Wolves - 5 episodes in now and it's fantastic. If you're a fan of sci-fi you'll love it, it's been renewed as well for season 2.

Same, started watching last night and end up tearing through 5 episodes. Pretty good. 8/10 so far. Sci-fi stuff can tend to lose its way sometimes, when the intrigue of the initial premise wears off so I'm hoping the narrative stays strong.

8 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Finished The Queens Gambit.

Quite good.  Went a bit Rocky 4 in the last episode.

It is a bit weird how it became so mega popular, when Netflix has so much stuff on it, and there's loads of other stuff all over the place probably of similar quality.  Bit like Tiger King, which was nothing special but became some cultural phenomenon.

It's better than Tiger King though.  Very watchable.

Yeah I don't understand how it has become so popular, I thought it was good but when I first heard that it was about a young girl playing chess in the 60's I admit I was not rushing out to watch it.

If they had given a synopsis for the first episode as as young girl loses her parents, is sent to an orphanage were she take loads of drugs and hallucinates moving chess pieces on the ceiling and says cocksucker a lot, I probably would have been straight in.

Your also right in how some stuff seems to get swept along on a buzz of hype when far superior stuff like Mindhunter goes by under the radar and gets cancelled after two very good seasons.

On 25/11/2020 at 20:42, VladimirIlyich said:

Its fantastic. Might look a bit dated now but the writing is sensational.

On another note,I've just started watching Letter Kenny,a quirky little Canadian comedy series of short episodes. A bit daft with echoes of Trailer Park Boys type of silly humour.

Nobody seen Letterkenny? Seems the type of humour that would go down well on here.

11 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Stumbled across The Emily Atack Show the other night. Thought it was shite. I got more entertainment out of trying to work out where I'd seen her before. Then I remembered. She doesn't seem to be aging well.

I saw her on Celebrity Goggle Box and found her to be quite irritating.

3C97255F-4D6B-47E3-B77A-7BB5F99D7609.jpeg

4 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I saw her on Celebrity Goggle Box and found her to be quite irritating.

3C97255F-4D6B-47E3-B77A-7BB5F99D7609.jpeg

Still would but she looks like one of those chav mum's that had a kid at 16 and spent the next 20 years drinking Frosty Jack and sleeping under a sunbed.

On 25/11/2020 at 12:03, Numero said:

Yeah, in my view Sorkin is easily the best writer of dialogue. He's something else, and West Wing is packed full of amazing examples. I mean, it's a bit jingoistic at times, but it does balance itself out with self-criticism. I think it's time for that rewatch I've been planning. 

The problem with The West Wing is it just reminds you how shit real life politicians are.

• Upvote 1