Quantcast
Rate the last TV Show you watched - Page 555 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rate the last TV Show you watched

The latest Storyville on iPlayer is very good. 

The Hijacker Who Vanished: The Mystery of DB Cooper. 

The 1970s. A man hijacks a plane. It lands, the passengers get off and 4 parachutes and $200,000 get on. It takes off again and the hijacker decides to parachute out of the plane at 10,000 feet. He/she (you'll find out why I included both genders) then totally disappears off the face of the earth, with the only physical evidence being $3,000 of the ransom washing up on a river bank months later. 

The documentary obviously looks at the incident, but mainly focuses on 5 people who were suspected of being DB Cooper. A very good watch and Marla Cooper is a MILF/GILF. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The latest Storyville on iPlayer is very good. 

The Hijacker Who Vanished: The Mystery of DB Cooper. 

The 1970s. A man hijacks a plane. It lands, the passengers get off and 4 parachutes and $200,000 get on. It takes off again and the hijacker decides to parachute out of the plane at 10,000 feet. He/she (you'll find out why I included both genders) then totally disappears off the face of the earth, with the only physical evidence being $3,000 of the ransom washing up on a river bank months later. 

The documentary obviously looks at the incident, but mainly focuses on 5 people who were suspected of being DB Cooper. A very good watch and Marla Cooper is a MILF/GILF. 

Yeah seen that, it was good. 

27 minutes ago, Mudface said:

the queen's gambit | Tumblr

Struggled to get into her. It was off putting the fact the same actor played her as 13/14 year old right through to bangable ages. 

1 hour ago, RedKnight said:

Don't get the clamour over the Queen's Gambit, I wasn't that taken with it at all.

First episode wasn’t great it picks up, I like it but it’s overrated.

1 hour ago, RedKnight said:

Don't get the clamour over the Queen's Gambit, I wasn't that taken with it at all.

Saw the first scene and thought 'Oh no! Not another drama where young actors get to dress up and pretend they were alive 50 years ago.'

9 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Saw the first scene and thought 'Oh no! Not another drama where young actors get to dress up and pretend they were alive 50 years ago.'

Yeah I prefer when they use young actors from 50 years ago. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Or just set it in modern times rather than yet another period drama?

I have to wonder why you bother with the GF if you don't like them. 

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Or just set it in modern times rather than yet another period drama?

But the point of the story is that it was set in the Cold War era when the Soviets used Chess as a source of national pride and women Chess players- let alone good ones- were vanishingly rare

I watched that DB Cooper Storyville doc and got to say, I was completely underwhelmed. It's a great story but it was told against the backdrop of the usual whackjob Yanks and wannabe grifters. It bored me rigid tbh. Storyville is a top notch series of documentaries too, most unlike them this misfire.

21 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I watched that DB Cooper Storyville doc and got to say, I was completely underwhelmed. It's a great story but it was told against the backdrop of the usual whackjob Yanks and wannabe grifters. It bored me rigid tbh. Storyville is a top notch series of documentaries too, most unlike them this misfire.

It was good but I know what you mean, it's not often Storyville is mediocre 

Agree about Storyville. Been raving about it on here for years. 

Question for anyone that’s got that BritBox thing... Does it have the back catalogue of Storyville? It’s always nice when they throw a couple of older ones on iplayer but there’s some that they never repeat. Always wanted to rewatch some of them with no joy. Shooting Bigfoot was a particular favourite but there've been many more. 

I’ve heard britbox is full of daytime ITV4 crap.

Great Storyville episodes I saw recently are Pepe the frog and one about Franco’s death squads. Also Chechnya’s gay purge was tough to watch but an excellent film.

Also just finished ‘I may destroy you’ on iplayer, it was one of the best things I’ve seen for ages.

4 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

I was wrong. 

As much as I love The Wire and always will, The West Wing is the greatest telly ever. 

Yep. It’s actually unreal.