Quantcast
Rate the last TV Show you watched - Page 544 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rate the last TV Show you watched

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

5 episodes into Season 2 of The Boys and it's really lived up to the first season. Top class show.

I definitely enjoyed it, but the (deliberate) plastic, cartoon-ish feel of the V’d up characters stops me truly getting lost in it. I also feel a few episodes have too much fat on them and could’ve lost 7 or 8 minutes. That said, it’s still an 8/10 show for. It had genuine 10/10 potential though. 

Just now, Paul said:

I definitely enjoyed it, but the (deliberate) plastic, cartoon-ish feel of the V’d up characters stops me truly getting lost in it. I also feel a few episodes have too much fat on them and could’ve lost 7 or 8 minutes. That said, it’s still an 8/10 show for. It had genuine 10/10 potential though. 

It's been renewed for a few more seasons hasn't it? I haven't googled it due to spoilers. For me it's a solid 8.5/10 but still has massive potential moving forward providing it doesn't get cancelled.

I’m really enjoying The Right Stuff. In fact the whole family is, which has surprised me as my 16 year old daughter is all-in on it.

I love the film and was very dubious that there was any point to re-doing it as a TV series. I was completely wrong though. The depth of the story, range of characters and scale of the drama all go beyond the film which, in this context, now feels like a wonderful oil painting of an event next to the series’ novelisation of the same. 

The one thing I had doubts about in the first three episodes was the casting as the film performances are iconic in most cases. However, as I finished watching last night’s fourth episode I realised I’d stopped comparing and have now started seeing these actors as the characters. 

This show is so good, it’s starting to justify the Mad Men comparisons in my view. And I’ve even accepted the fact that they’ve apparently ditched the entire Chuck Yeager storyline. Highly enjoyable telly. Check it out. 

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

I’m really enjoying The Right Stuff. In fact the whole family is, which has surprised me as my 16 year old daughter is all-in on it.

I love the film and was very dubious that there was any point to re-doing it as a TV series. I was completely wrong though. The depth of the story, range of characters and scale of the drama all go beyond the film which, in this context, now feels like a wonderful oil painting of an event next to the series’ novelisation of the same. 

The one thing I had doubts about in the first three episodes was the casting as the film performances are iconic in most cases. However, as I finished watching last night’s fourth episode I realised I’d stopped comparing and have now started seeing these actors as the characters. 

This show is so good, it’s starting to justify the Mad Men comparisons in my view. And I’ve even accepted the fact that they’ve apparently ditched the entire Chuck Yeager storyline. Highly enjoyable telly. Check it out. 

Just googled that but it has a low rating on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes.

1 hour ago, Elite said:

Has it dated well?

I would say that it has. As I mentioned earlier though,if you see some of the actors now they have really aged in what seems a short space of time.

• Upvote 1

Other than Rob Lowe I assume. He is in some shite these days ( a chief constable on Humberside ?? ) but he does look younger as the years go on.

The wife has warned me in all sincerity that if Rob clicks his fingers she's gone. I'd probably go myself to be fair.

2 hours ago, joeyk said:

Ha ! So it is. Thought I recognised him from somewhere..

ET is one of my favourite films but it took me ages to twig! Once I did it was proper obvious 

49 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Finished the Haunting of Bly Manor. It was okay. The last episode was quite shite. Carlo Gucino and Kate Siegal are lovely looking people.

I didn’t finish it but did Kate Siegel make an appearance ? 

On 24/10/2020 at 08:18, Elite said:

Has it dated well?

We watched 6 episodes in one sitting. The picture quality is poor by modern standards but the writing is incredible. 

Dare I say it??? It might even make me question  whether it’s better than The Wire. 

52 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Started watching Hell on Wheels last night. Three episodes in and it's pretty good so far, anyone watched this, don't want spoilers but is it worth watching five seasons?

I really enjoyed it, but season by season it got more mental. I stuck it for the 5 seasons and glad I did, but I know a few who blew it out after around 3. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Anyone watching the new season of Fargo? I just can't get into it. Episode 1 was ok, but I've watched the 1st 15 mins of episode 2 about 3 or 4 times as I can't follow it as it doesn't hold my attention. 

Just finished episode 6 and fuck me it's hard work. I think I'm ducking out.

• Upvote 1

Watched succession over the last couple of weeks. Really quite good, with the season 2 finale being fucking excellent. Can't wait for season 3.