You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Watched series 4 of Dexter over the last few days after a long gap since watching 3. Thought it was really good, probably the best of them all. Then, I was watching the local news today and this story comes on about some local couple who had received video congratulations on their wedding day from celebrities - and who pops up with a cheery message but John Lithgow... Weird conicidence

9 hours ago, The Golden Eel said:

Watched series 4 of Dexter over the last few days after a long gap since watching 3. Thought it was really good, probably the best of them all. Then, I was watching the local news today and this story comes on about some local couple who had received video congratulations on their wedding day from celebrities - and who pops up with a cheery message but John Lithgow... Weird conicidence

It's definitely the best of them, Lithgow is brilliant in it and the last episode is absolutely shattering. 

I always thought Rita would be a good replacement/ addition for his Dad as Dexter's inner voice, but it doesn't happen, sadly.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Anyone watched any Haunting of Bly Manor yet on Netflix?

Really looking forward to starting it later as I loved Hill House and so far reviews have been really good.

Yeah, I'm going to watch that over the weekend. Maybe even get an episode in tonight. Like you, I thought Hill House was really good. Actually, I think it's the best thing I've seen in fucking ages. 

34 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Really looking forward to starting it later as I loved Hill House and so far reviews have been really good.

28 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Yeah, I'm going to watch that over the weekend. Maybe even get an episode in tonight. Like you, I thought Hill House was really good. Actually, I think it's the best thing I've seen in fucking ages. 

Feel like shit so in bed already with the projector on thinking what to watch .... might watch it now 

A5CFD9ED-F663-4EF9-8510-870B921F237E.jpeg

14 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Three episodes in and i must say I'm slightly disappointed. It's not scary at all, didn't realise it was another adaptation of Turning of the Screw (there has already been a movie out this year, The Turning which was rubbish btw). I will persevere but not a patch on Hill House but never expected it to be if I'm honest.

Broadchurch 3 Seasons - 8/10

Very good throughout.

Misfits Season 3 - 8/10

It dipped a bit after Nathan was replaced by Rudy and Rudy was pretty much doing a poor impression of him but he tones it down as the season goes on and finds his own. Good character. Great show this for anyone that's never got aroundto watching it.

On 06/10/2020 at 19:38, Barrington Womble said:

The American Barbeque Showdown on Netflix. It's just a typical shite cooking competition show, but about barbequing and smoking. I love all that kind of food, so I really enjoyed it. I was hoping for real mental cases as contestants, but unfortunately not so much really. But still I'd give it a 7 shites out of 10. 

I’ve just started this. Bought a big green egg in summer so I’m treating it as educational. Although I can’t understand a word anyone says. 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

I’ve just started this. Bought a big green egg in summer so I’m treating it as educational. Although I can’t understand a word anyone says. 

Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought. I'm thinking of buying a smoker and I know it would be sacrilege to many, but I'm toying with getting an electric smoker - so you still add wood pellets but you don't have to tend to a fire. 

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I watched the first one last night. Glad that 'Shotgun' got booted out the massive tit.

The food looks immense though.

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought. I'm thinking of buying a smoker and I know it would be sacrilege to many, but I'm toying with getting an electric smoker - so you still add wood pellets but you don't have to tend to a fire. 

Traeger are supposed to be good. 

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

Three episodes in and i must say I'm slightly disappointed. It's not scary at all, didn't realise it was another adaptation of Turning of the Screw (there has already been a movie out this year, The Turning which was rubbish btw). I will persevere but not a patch on Hill House but never expected it to be if I'm honest.

Watched the first episode last night, so I haven't formed an opinion on it yet. I do wonder why Kevin from Sin City keeps turning up though....

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Elite said:

Has anyone ever seen a show called 'River' from a few years ago? There was only one season and I have it in my head to watch for some reason.

Yes, it was really good, another great performance from Nicola Walker. Well worth watching.

• Upvote 1

Just finished episode 5 season 2 of Succession when they've stayed with the Pierce family they are trying to buy out. Genuinely the best series I've seen on TV since Narcos ended. Some unintentionally laugh out loud bits and Shiv is one sexy ginger fucker 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Just finished episode 5 season 2 of Succession when they've stayed with the Pierce family they are trying to buy out. Genuinely the best series I've seen on TV since Narcos ended. Some unintentionally laugh out loud bits and Shiv is one sexy ginger fucker 

I think I’m going to give this a crack after I finish Schitt’s Creek. 

On Schitt’s Creek. It’s not some great drama or something, but it’s heart-warming, feel good, and inclusive. Sometimes you need a bit of that in your life, and I needed a bit of that when I started it. I’m on the final season now, and it’s getting all gooey and gay, so I’m going to finish that over the next week then will see if succession is good. I think I watched the first episode and decided to wait until the first season had finished. It’s way beyond that now, so probably a good time.