You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Lovecraft County. I enjoyed it, had a bit of a watchmen feel to it due to the era its set in and the horrific racism plus how its beautifully shot. Good cast well acted doesnt hurt that the main actress in it is fucking sublime. Kind of a stranger things vibe which I guess should be expected as its lovecraft influence 

Haha, that was mad. It went from The Green Book to Robert Rodriguez batshit crazy. Looking forward to the next episode.

Unpopular opinion- the fast show was crap. Watched a couple of episodes and there’s just nothing to it other than ongoing sound bites. Caroline Aherne is the only funny actor in it. 

Big train was far better and got lost in the shadows of this 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Red74 said:

Unpopular opinion- the fast show was crap. Watched a couple of episodes and there’s just nothing to it other than ongoing sound bites. Caroline Aherne is the only funny actor in it. 

Big train was far better and got lost in the shadows of this 

Wasn't a fan of The Fast Show myself.

The Plot Against America - this was great one of the few shows I actually felt ended too quickly. They could have made a full 10-12 episodes and I’d have enjoyed each one. The acting was too notch throughout too by the main family, it was really unsettling at times. 9/10.

On 18/08/2020 at 14:39, Elite said:

I've pretty much run out of shows now. Anything recent that's worth a watch?

Did you watch Mindhunter on Netflix? If you liked it, maybe look for Atlanta's Missing and Murdered: The Lost Children

11 hours ago, The Gaul said:

Loved the latest Norsemen. Watched all seasons again. Now I'm back on lilyhammer. Go Norway ! 

lillyhammer Is great. 

I found the latest season of Norsemen while still funny in parts, is just lacking something - I have no idea what it is. it’s almost like it was an unplanned season hence the jump back in time. 

1 hour ago, JagSquared said:

lillyhammer Is great. 

I found the latest season of Norsemen while still funny in parts, is just lacking something - I have no idea what it is. it’s almost like it was an unplanned season hence the jump back in time. 

***Spoilers******

I just thought they went back because they killed off froya and wanted her in it. I really enjoyed season 3, although 1 & 2 were better, but it was good enough to make me carry on with the timeline and watch 1 & 2 again. 

On 11/08/2020 at 11:57, Stickman said:

Watching Once Upon a Time in Iraq it’s just such heartbreaking and horrific television over what’s happened to the people of that country

I guess it sums up the kind of individual Tony Blair is that he hasn’t just hidden away from the public eye out of if nothing else shame.

"Once Upon A Time In Iraq", extraordinarily good. Unmissable. Almost in the same league as "The Vietnam War" which, last time I looked, was on iPlayer. 

• Upvote 1

On 09/08/2020 at 17:54, Mudface said:

Shameless had one of the best lines ever, Hippy Pete in the shop after his wife's given birth and he hasn't had sex for a while-

If that cat walks past me one more time with its tail in the air, it is getting one right up the ring because I am about ten wanks past fussy.

Even better one, in the first episode when Lip finds out Ian and Kash are lovers and have been giving each other Man Utd shirts and presents-

"Fake Muslim cheats on white fundamentalist wife with gutless gay boy.

"Says more about United fans than it does the rest of us."

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Even better one, in the first episode when Lip finds out Ian and Kash are lovers and have been giving each other Man Utd shirts and presents-

"Fake Muslim cheats on white fundamentalist wife with gutless gay boy.

"Says more about United fans than it does the rest of us."

I might rewatch it. Used to love it, funny as fuck.

Another one, from Frank's father-

"Your mother was one of the finest trade unionists that ever lived. She wiped the floor with Vic Feather and he thought he was somebody! She worshipped you, and made the most pathetic excuses for you- I didn't realise you weren't autistic 'til you called me a cunt in suspiciously fitting circumstances."