You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

1 minute ago, skend04 said:

Narcos Mexico S2 - great for most part and then the last episode seemed rushed. Could have done with an extra episode to develop and resolve that final bit however it's still an 8/10 season.

Have you seen The Last Narc? Amazing documentary.

Just now, skend04 said:

That's only a concept trailer. It's been around for a while. Doubt it'll be anything like the reboot.

Fair enough. I probably won't watch it anyway, like. Just thought the content in that trailer looked quite well made, even though I don't really understand why they'd remake an old comedy as a serious drama.

11 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Any fans of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air? It's coming back...as a gritty drama following this short film...

What next? Saved By The Bell starring Nicholas Cage and that little cunt out of The 6th Sense? 

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

What next? Saved By The Bell starring Nicholas Cage and that little cunt out of The 6th Sense? 

If we get to see some good old fashioned AC Slatering, I'm all in. 

25 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

The man had a set on him, eh.

That Jorge Godoy bloke is genuinely mental, I read a few bits online about the documentary and he apparently pulled a gun out on the camera crew. Fuck knows why he had his full Police uniform on as well. He'd be sectioned indefinitely over here.

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

That Jorge Godoy bloke is genuinely mental, I read a few bits online about the documentary and he apparently pulled a gun out on the camera crew. Fuck knows why he had his full Police uniform on as well. He'd be sectioned indefinitely over here.

Shoulder chewer, for sure. Everything they were part of seemed to be eating him alive. 

20 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Shoulder chewer, for sure. Everything they were part of seemed to be eating him alive. 

It has definitely broken him as it would do to most men seeing that sort of violence, it just goes to show the likes of Chapo, Escobar, etc are immune to that sort of thing, if anything they enjoy it. 

21 hours ago, The Gaul said:

Ive not watched this yet but I don't think my response requires that. 

if we go into war, i think the bbc and our other mainstream news outlets will all become almost cheerleaders. you also have to remember the complete lies the british and US public were told going into that war. It much easier to be balanced when you have all (or at least most) of the facts. 

Hmm I think one of the main problems was the bbc seemed a little enthusiastic to push the government/alliance narrative, 

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2003/jul/04/comment

29 minutes ago, Elite said:

Yeah,he was a genuine mental case. I suppose his biggest fear is that he played both sides and can't trust either of them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Hmm I think one of the main problems was the bbc seemed a little enthusiastic to push the government/alliance narrative, 

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2003/jul/04/comment

so all that says in the main is channel 4 weren't really cheerleaders but the rest were. so while the bbc will use more government sources etc, i think that is typical and maybe expected of a national broadcaster, especially at a time of war. so this was nearly 20 years ago, so my memory may not be serving me well, but I don't remember being at all shocked by the coverage. and i genuinely don't recall too much disparity in the reporting. 

22 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

so all that says in the main is channel 4 weren't really cheerleaders but the rest were. so while the bbc will use more government sources etc, i think that is typical and maybe expected of a national broadcaster, especially at a time of war. so this was nearly 20 years ago, so my memory may not be serving me well, but I don't remember being at all shocked by the coverage. and i genuinely don't recall too much disparity in the reporting. 

I thought it was more about the period when Saddam's statue was toppled that the beeb seemed eager to paint the operation a success without gathering facts and allowing a period of reflection.

https://www.medialens.org/2016/the-great-iraq-war-fraud/

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

I thought it was more about the period when Saddam's statue was toppled that the beeb seemed eager to paint the operation a success without gathering facts and allowing a period of reflection.

https://www.medialens.org/2016/the-great-iraq-war-fraud/

But the article (from your previous post) says all but C4 reported that about the same doesn't it? 

Lovecraft County. I enjoyed it, had a bit of a watchmen feel to it due to the era its set in and the horrific racism plus how its beautifully shot. Good cast well acted doesnt hurt that the main actress in it is fucking sublime. Kind of a stranger things vibe which I guess should be expected as its lovecraft influence 

On 16/08/2020 at 19:39, skend04 said:

The Last Narc - have to agree with most it's a mad documentary and really puts a different light on Narcos Mexico. That Godoy is one haunted person.

Just started this but the links on kodi haven't got fucking subtitles.