You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

23 hours ago, davelfc* said:

I thought the first series was pretty good and looked forward to the new second series. Had to turn it off, like a lot of things they (in my opinion) exhausted the best ideas in the first series and this is just dire. 

(surprisingly other people might have a different opinion)

They use music really well on this show. To the point where two songs I've never liked work brilliantly in two separate dance sequences.

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Been hammering Shameless on Netflix the last few weeks. I forgot how funny it was. Disgusting at times but christ alive, Frank Gallagher is arguably the funniest character of all time. Certainly top 5. 

I like the US version too. It's hard to believe that's been going about 10 years now. 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Been hammering Shameless on Netflix the last few weeks. I forgot how funny it was. Disgusting at times but christ alive, Frank Gallagher is arguably the funniest character of all time. Certainly top 5. 

My bird has never seen it. I couldn’t believe it when she told me so it’s gone straight onto the list of things to watch again. 

• Upvote 1

On 07/08/2020 at 22:29, VladimirIlyich said:

This is good.It's a documentary series and I am 2 episodes in and some of the stories are shocking.

I've just finished this after binge watching it in 24 hours. I really enjoyed it. It has to be said I'm left asking the question why people are telling the story now, which is so recent to the Netflix narcos stuff. 

Shameless had one of the best lines ever, Hippy Pete in the shop after his wife's given birth and he hasn't had sex for a while-

If that cat walks past me one more time with its tail in the air, it is getting one right up the ring because I am about ten wanks past fussy.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, The Gaul said:

I've just finished this after binge watching it in 24 hours. I really enjoyed it. It has to be said I'm left asking the question why people are telling the story now, which is so recent to the Netflix narcos stuff. 

To put things into actual context? It certainly showed who was ultimately responsible for Camarena's death and why. Again,it was hardly surprising to find out who the biggest cunts were.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

To put things into actual context? It certainly showed who was ultimately responsible for Camarena's death and why. Again,it was hardly surprising to find out who the biggest cunts were.

It was delivered as a one sided story though wasn't it and the 3 key witnesses were corrupt cops. I'm not sure it really proved anything. It presented an option for me, no more. 

Just now, The Gaul said:

It was delivered as a one sided story though wasn't it and the 3 key witnesses were corrupt cops. I'm not sure it really proved anything. It presented an option for me, no more. 

I think that their story was very strong. I think that having a former US Prosecutor and another former DEA chief helped solidify it for me. Also,remembering the nonsense around the Contras and proxy wars The Soviets and The US got up to makes a lot of sense.

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

I think that their story was very strong. I think that having a former US Prosecutor and another former DEA chief helped solidify it for me. Also,remembering the nonsense around the Contras and proxy wars The Soviets and The US got up to makes a lot of sense.

I'm not saying it doesn't make a lot of sense. I just find it hard to get on board with a definitive answer to the crime when they've made no effort to present any side other than their own. I'm sure there are lots of people, like kuykendall , who may have had something to say. He could well be the guy at the end who they wouldn't name, but I even found that a bit slippery. It was almost like the end of the sopranos where you're supposed to make your own conclusion. It's not something for me that really fit with a documentary. 

1 minute ago, The Gaul said:

I'm not saying it doesn't make a lot of sense. I just find it hard to get on board with a definitive answer to the crime when they've made no effort to present any side other than their own. I'm sure there are lots of people, like kuykendall , who may have had something to say. He could well be the guy at the end who they wouldn't name, but I even found that a bit slippery. It was almost like the end of the sopranos where you're supposed to make your own conclusion. It's not something for me that really fit with a documentary. 

Well,the US Government never admit to anything,like the UK one,but all you can do is present a case for the other side.

17 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Well,the US Government never admit to anything,like the UK one,but all you can do is present a case for the other side.

Well on occasion they might when the evidence is so compelling it's difficult to refute. However, while they presented a case of sorts, I just didn't see it as completely compelling. It's obviously much tougher than something like making a murderer where all you're trying to do is convince people there is reasonable doubt. But I just felt this story could maybe have been just that, a story of 3 ex-narcos and a bitter ex-dea agent trying to make a few quid out of the popularity of the case in the aftermath of Narcos. 

56 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

Well on occasion they might when the evidence is so compelling it's difficult to refute. However, while they presented a case of sorts, I just didn't see it as completely compelling. It's obviously much tougher than something like making a murderer where all you're trying to do is convince people there is reasonable doubt. But I just felt this story could maybe have been just that, a story of 3 ex-narcos and a bitter ex-dea agent trying to make a few quid out of the popularity of the case in the aftermath of Narcos. 

I would also be bitter if my former friend and colleague's murder had been covered up. As for the Narco's link,I just think that given the following events the true version had not been told.

1 hour ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Animal Kingdom on Amazon, series based on the Aussie film of the same name about 10 years ago, struggling for something decent to watch whilst furloughed, only started watching it a week ago and just started season 3. Ace 8.5/10. 

Yeah it's ace that show. I'm a big fan.

7 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I would also be bitter if my former friend and colleague's murder had been covered up. As for the Narco's link,I just think that given the following events the true version had not been told.

was it his friend though? i got the impression they didn't know each other. 

4 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Perry Mason

Pretentious, boring fluff, more style than substance. I'd be amazed iif this gets recommissioned for a second season.

3/10

i watched one and was bored shitless, so i think you have persuaded me to fuck it off. 

Watching Once Upon a Time in Iraq it’s just such heartbreaking and horrific television over what’s happened to the people of that country

I guess it sums up the kind of individual Tony Blair is that he hasn’t just hidden away from the public eye out of if nothing else shame.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

If he was not a friend then it would give it more credibility in my view.

Maybe mate. And if there's a fault here, for me it's with the documentary maker, I just don't think they worked hard enough to make them convincing witnesses, their way to do that was to paint a 1 sided picture.