You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

17 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I watched the first episode of White Lines on Netflix. 

I'm not wasting my time "reviewing" it. 

All I'm say is u won't be watching any more episodes. 

Utter wank. 

I tried about 5 minutes and that was enough. The manc bird's accent at the start pretty much did it for me.

1 hour ago, chrisbonnie said:

I watched the first episode of White Lines on Netflix. 

I'm not wasting my time "reviewing" it. 

All I'm say is u won't be watching any more episodes. 

Utter wank. 

55 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I tried about 5 minutes and that was enough. The manc bird's accent at the start pretty much did it for me.

Yeah got half an hour in and turned it off. Might go back to it with it on in the background, only for the orgies.

The manc bird is the bird from The Inbetweeners. For some reason I thought she was hot in that but having looked back at how she looked then I take it back. Needs a serous KFC binge.

I've watched Little Boy Blue again its been on ITV the past few nights.  Its still proper gut wrenching. I think some of the acting in it is superb, especially the mum, Stephen Graham and some of the rats that were involved in it. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah got half an hour in and turned it off. Might go back to it with it on in the background, only for the orgies.

The manc bird is the bird from The Inbetweeners. For some reason I thought she was hot in that but having looked back at how she looked then I take it back. Needs a serous KFC binge.

I've watched Little Boy Blue again its been on ITV the past few nights.  Its still proper gut wrenching. I think some of the acting in it is superb, especially the mum, Stephen Graham and some of the rats that were involved in it. 

do not waste your time, its really, really shit. 

The fucking orgiy, what was that about. Talk about made up as you go along. 

And you just now in the end the brother wont have been murdered either, it'll be something thick like he wandered off and simply ran out of water in the baking sun. 

Happily, ill never find out. 

6 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

do not waste your time, its really, really shit. 

The fucking orgiy, what was that about. Talk about made up as you go along. 

And you just now in the end the brother wont have been murdered either, it'll be something thick like he wandered off and simply ran out of water in the baking sun. 

Happily, ill never find out. 

Aren't all the best orgies like that? 

23 minutes ago, M_B said:

Snowfall series 1 (iPlayer) - 8.5\10 - Very good TV.

I'm on episode 8 I think, really enjoying it.

Thanks to the people on here who mentioned it recently, otherwise I would've missed this.

9 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Watching it myself too right now. Just about to start episode eight of the second series. 

There is a second series? Wow, I missed that.

Well that is this weekends tv sorted. Thanks.

Edit: And a third! Happy Days......

Nearing the end of Bosch, S2. Can’t remember what score I gave S1 due to being over 40 but this one is half a notch up. Probably a 7.5/10 for me (I think I gave S1 a 7).

I still don’t think it’s top tier television. Some of the acting, including Bosch himself, isn’t that great. The script dialogue has improved but some of it still makes me cringe and the viewer does need to make the occasional leap of faith that I’m too old to do.

Having said that, the S2 story is good, occasionally gripping and the villainous MILF is worth a watch. 

A few more for those, like me, who are bit behind the times. Been catching up with a few sitcoms of late on Netflix:

1. How I Met Your Mother (7.5/10).

Enjoyed it, some touching episodes. Not ‘laugh out loud’ but funny enough. Both female leads are hot, as are the assortment of girlfriends Ted doesn’t marry and those Barney has liaisons with. Needed to end after nine seasons but I’ll miss it when I finally finish it as it’s a good, easy watch.

2. New Girl (6.5/10).

I’ve watched three seasons, it’s ok. Again it’s helped by the hotness of the main and supporting female leads. The Schmidt character grew on me but I struggle to care less about the other two male leads. Same goes for the will they, won’t they romance between Jess (main female lead) and one of her flat mates.

I’m sure I’ll watch the remaining seasons but only because I’m committed, not because I’m particularly enjoying It.

3. Brooklyn Nine-Nine (8.5/10).

The best of the three. Great cast and some genuinely funny lines. I’ve watched two seasons so far and it’s one of those I don’t want to watch too many episodes, too quickly as I want to make it last.

If there is anybody out there that hasn’t seen any of the three I’ve reviewed then, for what it’s worth, I recommend this one the most. 

8 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

A few more for those, like me, who are bit behind the times. Been catching up with a few sitcoms of late on Netflix:

Enjoyed it, some touching episodes. Not ‘laugh out loud’ but funny enough. Both female leads are hot, as are the assortment of girlfriends Ted doesn’t marry and those Barney has liaisons with. Needed to end after nine seasons but I’ll miss it when I finally finish it as it’s a good, easy watch.

2. New Girl (6.5/10).

I’ve watched three seasons, it’s ok. Again it’s helped by the hotness of the main and supporting female leads. The Schmidt character grew on me but I struggle to care less about the other two male leads. Same goes for the will they, won’t they romance between Jess (main female lead) and one of her flat mates.

I’m sure I’ll watch the remaining seasons but only because I’m committed, not because I’m particularly enjoying It.

The best of the three. Great cast and some genuinely funny lines. I’ve watched two seasons so far and it’s one of those I don’t want to watch too many episodes, too quickly as I want to make it last.

If there is anybody out there that hasn’t seen any of the three I’ve reviewed then, for what it’s worth, I recommend this one the most. 

I enjoyed New Girl until around series 6. I thought it was excellent but that Zoey Deschanel was the worst thing in it

2 minutes ago, redheart said:

I enjoyed New Girl until around series 6. I thought it was excellent but that Zoey Deschanel was the worst thing in it

It’s ok. I don’t hate Zoey Deschanel but that’s probably because I find her attractive. Went off her a bit recently when I found out her partner is one of the presenters on a USA property development show my wife watches. Now he is annoying...

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

2. New Girl (6.5/10).

How I Met Your Mother should be sent back in time & drowned at birth.

Makes me murderous that programme.

20 minutes ago, Mook said:

How I Met Your Mother should be sent back in time & drowned at birth.

Makes me murderous that programme.

Yes, I can see that. I might just be getting soft in my old age. Actually my least favourite character is Ted so I never found myself routing for him as you’re supposed to. The mother he eventually meets is nice though, although I suspect you didn’t get that far. 

4 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

2. New Girl (6.5/10).

Never seen any of them. You make them sound like a load of shite.

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

New Girl is like Big Bang Theory, easy watching if you can't be arsed paying attention. 

03382c793e358e82147114220f22e9eb.jpg

or

01f2c5ca62edf2fda9b4cac88e448bcb6b7d68e9

?

I will add the other girl from New Girl but she isn't involved in the above competition

6bc223361ca9b124329e37f46a8c1080.jpg

Penny. Apart from the season where she had the silly short haircut.