You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

11 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I had a feeling it would be hard to top, the acting was superb and I believe series 2 and three are just new cases involving different officers/actors. 

The second series was OK, but a big disappointment compared to the first. The third started off brilliantly, but just didn't really go anywhere, I spent the last half of the series waiting for some massive twist that never came.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Mudface said:

The second series was OK, but a big disappointment compared to the first. The third started off brilliantly, but just didn't really go anywhere, I spent the last half of the series waiting for some massive twist that never came.

I might put it on the back burner now and just revisit as and when, especially being as the series don't run as a whole story. 

BTW lads. That Bird in episode 2 of series 1 with the handcuff scene...my oh my. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, The Golden Eel said:

The third series was good, I thought. I didn't watch the second as too much many people said it wasn't worth the hassle. The first is the best miniseries I've ever seen. Definite 10/10 for me. 

Definitely good TV and unique in the way they told the case. Woody Harrelson was excellent but Matthew McConaughey stole the show imo. 

8 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Series 3 you'll need a hearing aid or subtitles to decipher the barely audible muttering and grunts from the 2 principals.

Series 2 has Vince fucking Vaughan starring. Say no more.

Definitely, it made some of the Louisiana French in the first series look like they were speaking with received pronunciation in comparison.

The Reckoning on Netflix has had a decent enough couple of first episodes. Hopefully it continues and improves over the rest of the episodes. Its a psychological crime/thriller/serial killer effort. Looks like there are a few twists and turns to be had before the end. Aden Young,the actor from Rectify is one of its stars.

3 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Finally got round to watching True Detective and just finished series 1. Excellent TV. 9/10. I just hope that the second and third series will be of the same quality. 

I lasted 2 episodes of season 2 and fucked it off. And then gave season 3 a go and last about 20 mins. But I didn't think the 1st season was amazing, I'd have only given it a 7 I reckon. 

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Barry Wom said:

I lasted 2 episodes of season 2 and fucked it off. And then gave season 3 a go and last about 20 mins. But I didn't think the 1st season was amazing, I'd have only given it a 7 I reckon. 

Opinions mate, I personally though season 1 was excellent. 

We started watching See on Apple TV last night. It’s a post-apocalyptic thing from Steven Knight (Peaky Blinders) where most of humanity has been wiped out and those remaining are blind bar one fella whose one night stand leads to sighted twins. The mental queen sees this as witchcraft and wants the kids and their protectors dead. 

The production values are high and it creates a culture based on the absence of sight really well. Some good action sequences too and the way the queen “prays” is fucking hilarious and weird. 

Hope it keeps this up but I’m a little wary that it’s had so little attention. I know it’s Apple TV which is new and small, but it feels like a really good show at this stage and I’d have expected to have heard more about it. 

(Cue someone linking up loads of shit reviews). 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

We started watching See on Apple TV last night. It’s a post-apocalyptic thing from Steven Knight (Peaky Blinders) where most of humanity has been wiped out and those remaining are blind bar one fella whose one night stand leads to sighted twins. The mental queen sees this as witchcraft and wants the kids and their protectors dead. 

The production values are high and it creates a culture based on the absence of sight really well. Some good action sequences too and the way the queen “prays” is fucking hilarious and weird. 

Hope it keeps this up but I’m a little wary that it’s had so little attention. I know it’s Apple TV which is new and small, but it feels like a really good show at this stage and I’d have expected to have heard more about it. 

(Cue someone linking up loads of shit reviews). 

I watched that all the way through. It’s absolutely ridiculous but just about interesting enough to keep you watching. 

And yes, I imagine that there were loads of shit reviews. 

Watched Jericho again with the Mrs, she loved it and it's not the kind of thing she's normally in to.

Show about a town in Kansas trying to survive after 23 American cities get nuked.

Lenny James is fucking boss in it, it's incredibly well written and genuinely makes you give a shit about the characters.

9/10

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Watched Jericho again with the Mrs, she loved it and it's not the kind of thing she's normally in to.

Show about a town in Kansas trying to survive after 23 American cities get nuked.

Lenny James is fucking boss in it, it's incredibly well written and genuinely makes you give a shit about the characters.

9/10

I have to say , I respect most of your posts but this is really testing my patience !

On 06/05/2020 at 23:32, Shooter in the Motor said:

I've been looking for the show Vietnam without success but instead I've started watching The Vietnam War. Ten episodes and can last up to two hours per episode. Starts back in 1858 and works up to 1973 onwards. Lots of detail and footage. Incredibly informative and well put together. 8.8/10.

How can I watch this?

Mrs is watching some poundland version of the Bake-off format on Channel 4 , for people making craft items. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, it transpired that Keith Lemon was the host , and in a further body blow Eamon Holmes was the surprise guest and the task for the contestants was to make something for his garden. Not a single one of the soppy bastards had the balls to make a 5G mast.

5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Mrs is watching some poundland version of the Bake-off format on Channel 4 , for people making craft items. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, it transpired that Keith Lemon was the host , and in a further body blow Eamon Holmes was the surprise guest and the task for the contestants was to make something for his garden. Not a single one of the soppy bastards had the balls to make a 5G mast.

I hope they all get shot at the end? 

• Upvote 1