You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

2 hours ago, John102 said:

Ha i didnt get onto him trying to swap numbers. He was gold.

Im warming to that Joey Essex lad too. Tragic when he was going on about his ma.

Yeah, he's quite endearing that lad.

Did well not to tell the Paralympian lass to fuck off as well, or hoy her over a cliff.

I've been looking for the show Vietnam without success but instead I've started watching The Vietnam War. Ten episodes and can last up to two hours per episode. Starts back in 1858 and works up to 1973 onwards. Lots of detail and footage. Incredibly informative and well put together. 8.8/10.

Guest Pistonbroke

Sharpe (TV series). 

Started watching this on Amazon and I'm surprised how a lot of it is still sharp in the memory. 9 bastards out of 10. 

I watched the opening episode of the new season of billions. I think I'm starting to get a bit bored of it. It's all still well acted and everything, but it's feeling very same-ish and the random new enemy rocking up every season. Hopefully it'll pick up, but I was a bit underwhelmed. 

Also, I know I'm behind the curve on this one, but I've binged watched the first season of Succession this week. I like it, but I dislike how unlikable every single character is. Even if there were some entertaining fringe characters, but they're all horrible. I'm guessing the eldest son was supposed to play some sort of lighter role, but he's such a tit. As is that Greg character and Tom (I never realised what a shocking actor macfadyen is) . There's just nobody in it you want to succeed. You want them all to fail including their enemies! It's like watching Everton v man united - it might be a great game, but there's no great outcome. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I've been looking for the show Vietnam without success but instead I've started watching The Vietnam War. Ten episodes and can last up to two hours per episode. Starts back in 1858 and works up to 1973 onwards. Lots of detail and footage. Incredibly informative and well put together. 8.8/10.

That was talked about extensively on here when it came out. It’s a Ken Burns documentary. He’s also done a WW2 one, imaginatively called ‘The War’ and one about the American Civil War with a similarly wacky title. It’s called ‘The Civil War’ and apparently when the first episode aired in 1990 it was the most watched show of all time at that point in the US. 

All three are on Netflix at the moment. The Civil War is absolutely brilliant for watching in/before bed. I must have posted on here before that it took me months to finish it. It’s one of those things that is somehow really interesting to watch but at the same time boring enough to make you nod off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

That was talked about extensively on here when it came out. It’s a Ken Burns documentary. He’s also done a WW2 one, imaginatively called ‘The War’ and one about the American Civil War with a similarly wacky title. It’s called ‘The Civil War’ and apparently when the first episode aired in 1990 it was the most watched show of all time at that point in the US. 

All three are on Netflix at the moment. The Civil War is absolutely brilliant for watching in/before bed. I must have posted on here before that it took me months to finish it. It’s one of those things that is somehow really interesting to watch but at the same time boring enough to make you nod off.

I've never seen any of those, I'd better get my pen and notepad ready because I enjoy shows with tonnes of facts and this Vietnam one is loaded. Add another two shows and I'm going need more ink.

11 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I've never seen any of those, I'd better get my pen and notepad ready because I enjoy shows with tonnes of facts and this Vietnam one is loaded. Add another two shows and I'm going need more ink.

If you sign up to Trakt...

https://trakt.tv/join

... you can keep, maintain and add to your list of ‘favourite’ shows and movies on your phone. If you use Kodi or TyphoonTV to stream you can sync it to them and it keeps track of which episodes you’ve watched and on certain Kodi add ons there’s sections where you can see if and when a new episode has aired. If it’s synced to all your devices then for example when you click ‘add favourite’ on a Firestick in the living room, then it will add it to your Trakt collection on your phone and also any other devices around the house. 

It’s a great little thing to have but your list of favourites will grow quicker than you can watch them. I see shows recommended on here, quickly add them to Trakt on my phone and then they’re there in your watch list next time you switch on the TV and open up your streaming apps. 

3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

He was very famous until his death about 25 years ago.

Bad news, I looked him up and the last of those shows was made in 1994, wonder I've never come across him as I like art programmes without knowing anything about it, but some engage you and make you take interest, much like, can't think of his first name, Fox  who's art programmes are very good, for me anyway. 

Into the Night - think it's the first Belgian effort on Netflix and although it's low budget it was quite a good effort. The mystery of why they are trying to outrun the sun gets solved early but with only 6 35 minute episodes it's a decent little binge watch 6.9/10

On 06/05/2020 at 23:32, Shooter in the Motor said:

Yes Ive just watched that every week day for two weeks, superb I thought. 

From both sides view of the hell hole it must of been for everyone involved. 

6 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I cannot stand that pretentious fucking cunt Wendy fucking Roades.

When Jax's Ma did the bitch with an ice pick I cheered.

Brutal that scene. The noise as she is stabbing her in the head.... that fucking noise 

Guest Pistonbroke

Finally got round to watching True Detective and just finished series 1. Excellent TV. 9/10. I just hope that the second and third series will be of the same quality. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I wouldn't hold your breath tbh mate.

I had a feeling it would be hard to top, the acting was superb and I believe series 2 and three are just new cases involving different officers/actors.