You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

23 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Hipsters? Pretty mainstream I’d have thought. Seen some right knob-heads saying they think it’s great, wearing the clobber and attending Peaky Blinders themed parties, weddings, etc. Strikes me as a shit, Brummy version of Boardwalk Empire. 

I think you're flattering peaky blinders there, it shouldn't get close to being discussed in the same breath as boardwalk. I genuinely don't know what people see in it. The acting is crap, the stories are fucking stupid and the accents, fuck me. 

19 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

I can imagine a conversation in a similar vein..

Her: Wanna watch Gangs of London?

Me: Nah, gonna give it a miss, heard it's shit.

Her: You told you?

Me: Quite a few posters on a LFC forum.

Usually a good barometer.

Exactly what happened here, I wasn't attracted to it anyway, but my mind was made after as you mentioned. 

The Plot Against America, generous 7/10. A missed opportunity.

Yet another one of this Trump-era fantasies of far-right or ultra conservative rule dystopia or alternative histories, this one largely comes from the Jewish anti-Semitism phobias sphere (based on a Philip Roth novel) and that is the main problem with it, it focuses on a Jewish family in Newark NJ, when everything else it touches upon is much more interesting and it cripples to story.

It gets going every time we stop obsessing how would the creeping rise of anti-Semitisam affect the Jewish family and this is largely because, if far right has won the American election in 1940, other aspects and impact on the WW2 and overall rise of the far right in the world would be even more significant.

It also feels it would benefit from one or two more episodes, ending feels very rushed.  

19 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

I think you're flattering peaky blinders there, it shouldn't get close to being discussed in the same breath as boardwalk. I genuinely don't know what people see in it. The acting is crap, the stories are fucking stupid and the accents, fuck me. 

Agreed, 

2 hours ago, SasaS said:

The Plot Against America, generous 7/10. A missed opportunity.

Yet another one of this Trump-era fantasies of far-right or ultra conservative rule dystopia or alternative histories, this one largely comes from the Jewish anti-Semitism phobias sphere (based on a Philip Roth novel) and that is the main problem with it, it focuses on a Jewish family in Newark NJ, when everything else it touches upon is much more interesting and it cripples to story.

It gets going every time we stop obsessing how would the creeping rise of anti-Semitisam affect the Jewish family and this is largely because, if far right has won the American election in 1940, other aspects and impact on the WW2 and overall rise of the far right in the world would be even more significant.

It also feels it would benefit from one or two more episodes, ending feels very rushed.  

So as I didn't get in to episode 1, does it pick up?

13 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

So as I didn't get in to episode 1, does it pick up?

Some, but it goes up and down for me, it's too much of a family drama. I was struggling a bit to get into it, but if you are really struggling to care about the characters and the story in ep1, you are probably better off wasting what little time we all have left on something else.

4 hours ago, SasaS said:

Some, but it goes up and down for me, it's too much of a family drama. I was struggling a bit to get into it, but if you are really struggling to care about the characters and the story in ep1, you are probably better off wasting what little time we all have left on something else.

Ta. I'll deffo fuck it off for now then. As I didn't get into that, I gave succession a go. I'm not loving it, but it's alright. I find all of the characters horrible without being interesting. 

On 02/05/2020 at 12:47, Butch said:

Normal people 

Great acting and it's Irish, about two people who have issues in their lives and trying to get through a relationship but struggle to let go of their past. Deep stuff which everyone could relate too. 

I was flicking round the other night and caught a few minutes of this. The lead actress got her kit off.

10/10

On 30/04/2020 at 22:45, VladimirIlyich said:

I think episode 8 is the most ridiculous,from what I remember.

I've just finished it all now. Fucking hell. The whole lot of it. They just do what they want and most frightening of all is the zero implication for the prosecutors who do this. I'm someone who's uncomfortable with the level of surveillance we live with day to day with the phones we carry. But watching this just makes me think it at least provides some level of a fucking alibi in case you ever end up on the end of something like this. 

Celebrity SAS. John Fashanu has always been stark, staring mad, but this show really laid bare the howling void behind the man’s eyes.

Thinking Middleton was asking for his phone number was one of my favourite television moments in years, it should become iconic.

They really need to get Tony Adams on there for the next series.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

I've just finished it all now. Fucking hell. The whole lot of it. They just do what they want and most frightening of all is the zero implication for the prosecutors who do this. I'm someone who's uncomfortable with the level of surveillance we live with day to day with the phones we carry. But watching this just makes me think it at least provides some level of a fucking alibi in case you ever end up on the end of something like this. 

Yeah,its crazy what they can get away with over there. No wonder the tories want us to be a 'little USA.' 

3 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Celebrity SAS. John Fashanu has always been stark, staring mad, but this show really laid bare the howling void behind the man’s eyes.

Thinking Middleton was asking for his phone number was one of my favourite television moments in years, it should become iconic.

Nigel Pearson would be wearing Ant Middletons skin by episode 2

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Just watched this. Hahahaha I was expecting Middleton to be some soppy twat asking can Fashanu be his mate. Cringe fully awkward. Fashanu is not there at all. 

5 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

AWOOGA!

21A34EA9-05AF-4C5C-8FE6-483AD52BFCE4.jpeg

Pablo Escobar’s top henchman shit out of meeting me to throw down, then he died because of fear and terminal illness. I bet Fash wouldn’t even challenge me to a staring contest. 

You look like you need a referral to a secure unit.

2 hours ago, Elite said:

I need to catch up with episodes 2 and 3. Fash sounds like he's good value.

It's brilliant TV, it looks really hard on them but that's why they're there.