You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

As usual being slow to catch on, I'm nearing the end of Breaking Bad and loving it. The thing that winds me up about it is the way they talk, normal voice one second then whispering for no apparent reason the next. The women seem to be the worst, dont know if its an american thing but fuck me its annoying, i'm forever up and down on the volume on the remote.

2 minutes ago, A Red said:

As usual being slow to catch on, I'm nearing the end of Breaking Bad and loving it. The thing that winds me up about it is the way they talk, normal voice one second then whispering for no apparent reason the next. The women seem to be the worst, dont know if its an american thing but fuck me its annoying, i'm forever up and down on the volume on the remote.

Subs- I put them on everything these days. Some of the BBC stuff recently was atrocious in terms of audio, and the last series of True Detective was almost unintelligible without them- typically cheap, Sky 'Plus' on PC doesn't have subtitles.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Subs- I put them on everything these days. Some of the BBC stuff recently was atrocious in terms of audio, and the last series of True Detective was almost unintelligible without them- typically cheap, Sky 'Plus' on PC doesn't have subtitles.

I might have to do that or get a fucking hearing aid

On 01/05/2020 at 21:52, VladimirIlyich said:

Got as far as the pub fight scene in the first episode and had to turn it off. Like a shit 80s American martial arts series. Plastic gangsters with Eton accents and awful acting.

I watched it all the way through but on reflection they left enough question marks for a second series, but given the state of the first series I really dont give a fuck

• Like 1

I have that zero zero zero thing on the dodgy box. 

Worth a watch? I'll have to convince the missus to watch it though, like ebay other woman these days, she tends to watch the TV with a mobile phone stuck in front of her face. So reading the subtitled might be a bit of a snag for her. 

12 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Not available on Amazon in the UK. Think it might be Sky here. 

A friend(wink,wink) has got them downloaded and also the subtitle files downloaded too. Despite using various subtitle adjuster softwares and vlc's own editor,he cannot get them to sync and he's well pissed off.

14 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

The wait for new episodes of The Last Dance each week is properly dragging.

Superb programme, that.

Yeah. It’s fantastic. I’m enjoying it all the more because I got into basketball (watching and playing) at exactly the point it covers and I supported the Bulls. My memory for sport is terrible in terms of results and games (I tend to retain moments of skill and also have strong memories of players’ talent) and so I’m really loving having all the memories brought back.

That’s especially the case with the key men: Jackson, Rodman, Pippen and of course Jordan. That said, it also brings so much new stuff with the interviews, behind the scenes stuff and journalistic takes. For example, I knew nothing about Jerry Krause, his deal-making and his relationships with the players and that’s fascinating. 

In short, it’s fucking great. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Yeah. It’s fantastic. I’m enjoying it all the more because I got into basketball (watching and playing) at exactly the point it covers and I supported the Bulls. My memory for sport is terrible in terms of results and games (I tend to retain moments of skill and also have strong memories of players’ talent) and so I’m really loving having all the memories brought back.

That’s especially the case with the key men: Jackson, Rodman, Pippen and of course Jordan. That said, it also brings so much new stuff with the interviews, behind the scenes stuff and journalistic takes. For example, I knew nothing about Jerry Krause, his deal-making and his relationships with the players and that’s fascinating. 

In short, it’s fucking great. 

It reminds me a lot of the ESPN 30 for 30 series. Ones like Winning Time and Once Brothers particularly, for obvious reasons. Just brilliant storytelling and first rate production, but also, a wider look into the pursuit of excellence, what that takes, what it costs, the inevitable clashes when you put a group of deeply impressive and driven characters together. It’s fascinating because in many ways it’s as universal as it is specific.

Finding Phil Jackson as a character interesting. Serious Klopp vibes about him in several aspects. Seems self-assured enough to have humility, that tuning into his players as humans and getting everybody on the same page, while his handling of Jordan to make him appreciate the value of the whole team also evokes a bit of Rafa turning up at LFC and immediately telling Stevie to stop running all over the place and trust in his teammates more.

I’ve never watched US Sports or known anything about them to have an opinion, and it’s still drawn me in immediately. I’ll definitely be more inclined to watch basketball now. I think a number of the things FSG have done dispelled some prejudices I perhaps had in terms of not realising the level of intelligence, analysis, data and detail which take place behind the scenes in US Sports, but this series has really added to that.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Elite said:

Just watching a episode 3 of The Last Dance and is it just me that thinks all the players look about 10 years older than their actual ages? The Saved By The Bell of NBA.

It’s like how the kids before your time in something like Grange Hill would somehow still seem older than you when you saw retrospective pictures, even when you’d gone way past their ages at that time.

10 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

It’s like how the kids before your time in something like Grange Hill would somehow still seem older than you when you saw retrospective pictures, even when you’d gone way past their ages at that time.

Like River Phoenix and Kieffer Sutherland in Stand By Me.

It's a rare thing to see TV show gets better as it progresses and finishes at it's peak. The Sopranos definitely falls under that category. 10/10.

10 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

Yeah, made it through "Gangs of London" but only so I could slag it off.

Way way too violent, for me.

Made less and less sense as it went along.

Finished  it yesterday.  First episode was good but became more and more convoluted as it went on by the end it was like I'd wrote it. The violence was as realistic as the matrix. 

Just now, littletedwest said:

Finished  it yesterday.  First episode was good but became more and more convoluted as it went on by the end it was like I'd wrote it. The violence was as realistic as the matrix. 

I enjoyed the first episode but I'm thinking of swerving the rest now as everyone on here says it's shit. Which is good enough for me.

39 minutes ago, Elite said:

I enjoyed the first episode but I'm thinking of swerving the rest now as everyone on here says it's shit. Which is good enough for me.

I can imagine a conversation in a similar vein..

Her: Wanna watch Gangs of London?

Me: Nah, gonna give it a miss, heard it's shit.

Her: You told you?

Me: Quite a few posters on a LFC forum.

Usually a good barometer.