You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

6 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

What do you mean? It’s all about him and his time as manager of a Mexican second division team based in Sinaloa.

Oh hahaha thought it was Mexico 86. 

Yeah I bet thats good then. Right in the middle of Mexican Cartel land surrounded by tequila, beak and fanny. 

2 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Has anyone watched "The Plot Against America"? I'm 30 mins into the first episode and bored shitless. If it wasn't an HBO production I'd have fucked it off by now. Is it worth sticking with?

HBO isn't necessarily a guarantee of quality. That show True Blood or whatever it was called went proper gash.

19 hours ago, Brownie said:

Just finished season 5 of my Bosch binge.

Fucking brilliant.

Genuinely think that’s one of the best seasons of TV i’ve ever seen.

Nearly finished second season of this - been binge watching it over the last week.
loving it so far. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

HBO isn't necessarily a guarantee of quality. That show True Blood or whatever it was called went proper gash.

Yeah I realise that, I think Westworld is shite too to be honest. But generally it's dramas tend to have a pretty high bar. Maybe it's slow as they're trying to slowly bring people up to speed with the alternative reality. But with 6 mins to go I'm wondering who the fuck would order this show based on the pilot. Some decent actors in it too. 

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

Has anyone watched "The Plot Against America"? I'm 30 mins into the first episode and bored shitless. If it wasn't an HBO production I'd have fucked it off by now. Is it worth sticking with?

Ha ha. I am at 45:00 ep1. Enter John Turturro. Maybe it picks up now.

It's David Simon. How bad can it be?

4 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Fuck. I’m going to have to watch this now. Too many people bogging it up. 

That’s why I gave it a go. Wasn’t a massive fan of the first season but glad I stuck with it as it just gets better and better for me.

• Upvote 1

Blake's 7 - apparently the first episode was broadcast either on the same day or around the same day as Star Wars. It didn't age well even on it's first broadcast but it's very entertaining and a very good story. Just shows that story is king.

Still really enjoying Gangs Of London. Some of the fight scenes are incredible. Also started The Inbetweeners from the start with the kids. Daft as fuck.

Finally, I watched the first episode of Normal People which ordinarily I’d have had zero interest in as it’s quite obviously telly for women. However Mrs Paul loved the book and wanted to watch it so I gave it a go. I’ve got to be honest though, I thought it was great. It looks fantastic and I really liked the way it showed all the tiny moments of this couple falling in love.

To be honest, it reminded me of being that age. I don’t know whether it’ll hold my interest for another eleven half hour slots, but I didn’t think I’d last five minutes so it’s got a chance. I reckon I’ll either love the whole thing or rapidly get bored. 

• Upvote 1

After Life series 2. 

Well I enjoyed series one, it wasn't bad at all. Then up comes Gervais with this pile of dog shit. True I only watched the first episode and part of the second but that was enough for me. Maybe it's the lockdown, maybe it's because I am watching Bosch and have just finished the brilliant Better Call Saul, I don't know. But After Life series 2 just seemed way stupid this time. Shame as I was looking forward to it, maybe it gets better. I won't be finding out. 

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Still really enjoying Gangs Of London. Some of the fight scenes are incredible. Also started The Inbetweeners from the start with the kids. Daft as fuck.

Finally, I watched the first episode of Normal People which ordinarily I’d have had zero interest in as it’s quite obviously telly for women. However Mrs Paul loved the book and wanted to watch it so I gave it a go. I’ve got to be honest though, I thought it was great. It looks fantastic and I really liked the way it showed all the tiny moments of this couple falling in love.

To be honest, it reminded me of being that age. I don’t know whether it’ll hold my interest for another eleven half hour slots, but I didn’t think I’d last five minutes so it’s got a chance. I reckon I’ll either love the whole thing or rapidly get bored. 

I watched the first 2 episodes last night based on the strength of reviews it's had.

It's not the sort of thing I'd rush to watch but I enjoyed it. Quite subtle TV for the most part.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, davelfc said:

After Life series 2. 

Well I enjoyed series one, it wasn't bad at all. Then up comes Gervais with this pile of dog shit. True I only watched the first episode and part of the second but that was enough for me. Maybe it's the lockdown, maybe it's because I am watching Bosch and have just finished the brilliant Better Call Saul, I don't know. But After Life series 2 just seemed way stupid this time. Shame as I was looking forward to it, maybe it gets better. I won't be finding out. 

Dont chat shit. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Bosch series 6. Little bit of TV heaven, great as usual. 9/10

Better call Saul. See above. They've set this up nicely for the final season. 9/10

The Last Kingdom series 4 is now available on Netflix. That's today sorted. 

5 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Bosch series 6. Little bit of TV heaven, great as usual. 9/10

Better call Saul. See above. They've set this up nicely for the final season. 9/10

The Last Kingdom series 4 is now available on Netflix. That's today sorted

I tried to watch that but gave up very quickly as it seemed shite compared to Vikings.

6 hours ago, davelfc said:

After Life series 2. 

I can agree it wasn't as good as the first series, just seemed to be arl Ricky going from person to person seeing they were sad about something and then taking them for a brew and telling them a story about his wife before welling up. 

I got to the end and felt like nothing had actually happened, no new characters, no character development, just a heavy handed parable about everyone having their own hidden troubles and we should be nice to each other. 

Guest Pistonbroke
15 minutes ago, Elite said:

I tried to watch that but gave up very quickly as it seemed shite compared to Vikings.

If you stick with it mate it gets better. In my opinion it's on a par with Vikings if you like this sort of stuff, which I do. I remember the first series of Vikings also being a bit iffy until the lead actors/actresses/writers got into their stride. 

5 minutes ago, Aventus said:

I can agree it wasn't as good as the first series, just seemed to be arl Ricky going from person to person seeing they were sad about something and then taking them for a brew and telling them a story about his wife before welling up. 

I got to the end and felt like nothing had actually happened, no new characters, no character development, just a heavy handed parable about everyone having their own hidden troubles and we should be nice to each other. 

It's definitely flawed but I find the interactions all entertaining and the humour is well done. It has an excellent cast and though the story arc doesn't go very far, I feel the chemistry between the characters more than makes up for it. I find it very easy viewing.

7 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

If you stick with it mate it gets better. In my opinion it's on a par with Vikings if you like this sort of stuff, which I do. I remember the first series of Vikings also being a bit iffy until the lead actors/actresses/writers got into their stride. 

I'll give it another go when I run out of stuff, which is bound to happen once the pre-lockdown recordings start to dwindle.

8 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I'll give it another go when I run out of stuff, which is bound to happen once the pre-lockdown recordings start to dwindle.