Quantcast
Rate the last TV Show you watched - Page 458 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Good one on BBC 4 a bit earlier a out someone posted to India and Nepal in WW2, he managed to get colour film sent to him by saying that with it he could differentiate real bushes etc as opposed to camouflage concerning the Japanese, he was an avid amateur film maker, great footage of the country but some gruesome, it was very good. 

4 hours ago, Elite said:

I've been rewatching The Tiger King. It's even better on second viewing, I could watch Joe Exotic all day, he's effectively Beetlejuice.

James Garretson is played by the same fella who was Prop Joe in The Wire. 

ET4qpkyU0AkninT.jpg

• Like 1

She's took out a weeks free trail on that Disney plus. 

First glance is it trumps Netflix by some distance.   Massive amount of content on there. 

Five seasons of X-Men the animated series to get tucked into for a start. 

I had a two month free trial of Disney+ and didn't really watch anything apart from one film and the first episode of the Mandalorian at which point the trial ran out. 

It would be worth getting if you love Star Wars, Marvel stuff and obviously Disney but it seemed pretty limited beyond that. Maybe there's more on it now that it's rolled out worldwide. 

4 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

I had a two month free trial of Disney+ and didn't really watch anything apart from one film and the first episode of the Mandalorian at which point the trial ran out. 

It would be worth getting if you love Star Wars, Marvel stuff and obviously Disney but it seemed pretty limited beyond that. Maybe there's more on it now that it's rolled out worldwide. 

Im a sucker for the marvel stuff tbf.    There's a quite a bit on there I didn't expect, not Disney related at all.   30 seasons of the Simpsons caught my eye when browsing. 

End of the day, no ones got nowt to lose for checking it out. 

Can see us keeping it for a while and me getting quite a bit of use out of it.  Netflix she's keeping cause it's got Ru Paul's drag race on Saturday mornings, daft cunt.   Literally never use it other than headache inducing shite. 

I managed to blag Disney+ for £12 for the year after cashback through Quidco. It won't usurp Netflix as it likely won't offer anything above a 12 rating but it's ace for the nostalgia, kids and for the upcoming Phase 4 Marvel stuff. 

16 minutes ago, skend04 said:

I managed to blag Disney+ for £12 for the year after cashback through Quidco. It won't usurp Netflix as it likely won't offer anything above a 12 rating but it's ace for the nostalgia, kids and for the upcoming Phase 4 Marvel stuff. 

How so young sir?

20 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Why won't they do stuff above a 12? Doesn't Disney own all kinds of shit these days? It's not all princesses any more is it?

7 minutes ago, redheart said:

How so young sir?

3 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Why won't they do stuff above a 12? Doesn't Disney own all kinds of shit these days? It's not all princesses any more is it?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/08/27/disney-plus-may-only-show-pg-13-content-giving-netflix-amazon-and-apple-an-advantage/

I suppose this is only one report on it but I've not seen anything to the contrary. Still doesn't mean it won't be a good service just that they are aiming for a different crowd.

To be honest, does Disney really need to do anything differently right now? It's a money making machine just off it's own back catalogue.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

In the US they own Hulu which makes the adult stuff like Handmaid’s tale etc... and they licence that stuff out over here to other channels like Sky or Channel 4. 

I’ve read they want to launch Hulu in Europe at some point but not sure if the UK will be included in that. They also do a lot of Fox stuff on Hulu now and in the states you can either buy a straight Disney subscription, a Disney + Hulu or a Disney + Hulu + ESPN which they also own. 

• Upvote 1

On 26/03/2020 at 06:45, easytoslip said:

Good one on BBC 4 a bit earlier a out someone posted to India and Nepal in WW2, he managed to get colour film sent to him by saying that with it he could differentiate real bushes etc as opposed to camouflage concerning the Japanese, he was an avid amateur film maker, great footage of the country but some gruesome, it was very good. 

A tad more information might be helpful, so that others can find it and watch it.

Like the fucking title.

4 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

A tad more information might be helpful, so that others can find it and watch it.

Like the fucking title.

Oh yeah, now let me think. 

Harry Birrell Presents a Film of Love and War. I posted just after on Wed night and it would of been pretty obvious in the listing. 

Anyhow, it was alright and quite a decent watch, nothing spectacular, thank fuck for those who made personal films throughout the years. 

43 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Oh yeah, now let me think. 

Harry Birrell Presents a Film of Love and War. I posted just after on Wed night and it would of been pretty obvious in the listing. 

Anyhow, it was alright and quite a decent watch, nothing spectacular, thank fuck for those who made personal films throughout the years. 

They don't show the listings in Vietnam and the BBC is blocked here. I have to use typhoon

Finished the third season of the crown. I'm no royalist but no expense spared in this excellent sumptuous, top notch photography show. Great acting all round and gives you an insight into they're lives,which nobody would want. 

• Upvote 1

Ozark is back today. I quite enjoyed season 1 and while season 2 was watchable I thought it had got a bit too stupid. It will be interesting to see how they shape this next season. 

3 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Sopranos, four episodes in to the first series and it's already shaping up nicely. 21 years late but it seems pretty good.

There's a prequel film being made with Gandolfini's son in it...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Many_Saints_of_Newark

It gets a whole lot better from here. There's an episode called the Pine Barons I think (season 3 or 4). For me it's the best episode of TV of all time. It could probably stand alone even if you knew nothing of the show. 

The movie is out in september I think. Or at least was supposed to be. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Sopranos, four episodes in to the first series and it's already shaping up nicely. 21 years late but it seems pretty good.

There's a prequel film being made with Gandolfini's son in it...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Many_Saints_of_Newark

What are you watching it on? 

28 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

Watched the first series of Mindhunter - thought it was really good. First thing I've ever watched on Netflix. Welcome to life in 2020

Now put that to one side and watch Tiger King.  

Joe-Exotic-Music-Videos-Are-Lot-Like-Lot