You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

On 25/02/2020 at 23:00, Captain Turdseye said:

Been watching a Netflix animated comedy. F is for Family. It’s about a fella just trying to get by in the 70’s. Easy to watch and there’s enough laughs to keep you interested. 

Caught up with the end of this last night. It’s decent. It’s not quite up there with Rick & Morty, South Park and Bojack Horseman  but it’s definitely only one rung below. 

Watched the first two episodes of BCS. Gutted as usual that I can’t binge it. Then started watching Prodigal Son which I think Sugar Ape mentioned in one of the threads. That’s watchable enough but after two episodes I think it’s something that I can dip in and out of, a bit like Tony’s ma. 

12 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Sausages?

Good point. Series > Season

I agree with the principle, but season is one of the few terms our US brethren have given us that makes sense. Its use means we can distinguish the TV series as a whole from individual parts of it more easily.

They're right about labelling corn starch too.

3 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I agree with the principle, but season is one of the few terms our US brethren have given us that makes sense. Its use means we can distinguish the TV series as a whole from individual parts of it more easily.

They're right about labelling corn starch too.

I associate season with sport.

Television programme, Series 1, 2, etc. > TV Series, Season 1, 2, etc. 

Guest Pistonbroke
7 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I watched the first two, having already read the books, and I liked it. No idea why you think the acting or w riot is bad. Weird. Different strokes, I guess. 

I'm just about to dig into this from the start, so hopefully it is close to the books.

Watched that Van Helsing series...Christ it is bad, but for some reason I stuck to it. Just like the Walking Dead but with vampires. 5/10. 

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I'm just about to dig into this from the start, so hopefully it is close to the books.

Watched that Van Helsing series...Christ it is bad, but for some reason I stuck to it. Just like the Walking Dead but with vampires. 5/10. 

Because the lead is hot? Well, she looks hot from the posters. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Because the lead is hot? Well, she looks hot from the posters. 

Some nice fanny in it, but as with the Walking dead it's a case of rinse and repeat scenarios with humour thrown in at all the wrong places. The lead is Kelly Overton and she'd definitely get a gig, I personally liked Missy Peregrym who plays her sister in it, better actress as well, imo.  Christopher Heyerdahl is very good in it as a physco human turned physco Vampire, he was also good as a physco in that Hell on Wheels. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Altered Carbon Series 1. Really enjoyed that and digging straight into series 2. If you are expecting it to be as good as the books then you are looking for something which is extremely hard to achieve, not even LOTR or GOT got near to the perfection of the books. Great story line, good acting, action and a plethora of hot women not shy in getting their bits out. That Martha Higareda, my oh my.........

9 stacks out of 10, probably gave it an extra 0.7 points for the nice women. 

8 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Altered Carbon Series 1. Really enjoyed that and digging straight into series 2. If you are expecting it to be as good as the books then you are looking for something which is extremely hard to achieve, not even LOTR or GOT got near to the perfection of the books. Great story line, good acting, action and a plethora of hot women not shy in getting their bits out. That Martha Higareda, my oh my.........

9 stacks out of 10, probably gave it an extra 0.7 points for the nice women. 

I just couldn't watch that show. I tried about 3 times and couldn't get past about 30 mins, it just seemed utter shite. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
3 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

I just couldn't watch that show. I tried about 3 times and couldn't get past about 30 mins, it just seemed utter shite. 

When it comes to TV we all have different tastes mate. 

Just now, Mudface said:

Any idea when that's on Netflix? They look to be back on form after the excellent Apocalypse.

I gave up after the hotel one. Which of the recent seasons are worth a watch? I liked the first season and the asylum one but the witch one was shite and the one with lady gaga in the hotel wasn't much better.

1 minute ago, Elite said:

I gave up after the hotel one. Which of the recent seasons are worth a watch? I liked the first season and the asylum one but the witch one was shite and the one with lady gaga in the hotel wasn't much better.

I couldn't even finish the Hotel one, just dross. I skipped the next two as my brother said they were bog average, although Roanoke was better than Cult, so I don't think you're missing much. I really enjoyed Apocalypse and might give Roanoke a watch if I get time.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mudface said:

I couldn't even finish the Hotel one, just dross. I skipped the next two as my brother said they were bog average, although Roanoke was better than Cult, so I don't think you're missing much. I really enjoyed Apocalypse and might give Roanoke a watch if I get time.

I will just jump straight to Apocalypse when I'm at a loose end. 

10 hours ago, Mudface said:

Any idea when that's on Netflix? They look to be back on form after the excellent Apocalypse.

Dunno  I just downloaded it from a Torrent site.

I saw part of series 1 and gave up. This is the only other AHS that I have seen