You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

In Search Of Dracula With Mark Gatiss - 8/10.

On iPlayer at the moment but I’m not sure for how long. Traces the development of and influences on Bram Stoker’s Dracula from book to film. Some great segments where Gatiss speaks to a guy from the British Library who traced the books Stoker used for research and their influence on the novel, gets to go through Stoker’s preliminary notes, learns how the Count’s iconic look came from a stage version fifteen years after Stoker’s death, and nice interviews with many of the women who appeared opposite Lee’s, Langella’s and Jordan’s versions of Dracula. Some top location hunting as well. Well worth a watch if you’re a fan of the novel. 

• Upvote 1

Currently watching Servant, an Apple TV horror show. Very good so far, really intelligent horror along the lines of Rosemary’s baby or The Changeling. Recommended. 

Only thing throwing me off it a bit is a truly appalling American accent from the actor who plays Ron Weasley.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Started that Dracula last night based on the reviews on here. Really enjoyed episode 1. I didn't realise Netflix were involved, which maybe explains why it's not like the majority of shite made by the BBC over the last few years. 9/10 so far. 

I'm interested to see your view of the second episode.

3 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Currently watching Servant, an Apple TV horror show. Very good so far, really intelligent horror along the lines of Rosemary’s baby or The Changeling. Recommended. 

Only thing throwing me off it a bit is a truly appalling American accent from the actor who plays Ron Weasley.  

That's a good show and you're right about Weasley, terrible actor.

On 26/01/2020 at 15:29, Shooter in the Motor said:

I'm interested to see your view of the second episode.

I thought the 2nd was good, very much in the same pattern as the 1st and a well delivered story. I can see by the end of episode 2, we've jumped to now, so will be interesting to see what they do with that. I know a lot of people don't like the last episode. 

5 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

Watchmen wasn't cancelled. Lindelof said he only had a story for one season and was unsure how to do a second. HBO aren't likely to make a second season without him so it's probably ends up being a limited series rather than an ongoing series.

It had a story? To be fair I gave up after the second episode. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Seen both series. Its very watchable. Not great but above average. The British actress,Kelly Reilly,who plays the daughter is a bit of a pain as a character though.

Her character is great. She is brilliant in Flight her as well. Very good actress. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I've restarted After Life. I knew I thought it was brilliant but its even better second time round. Cant wait for the next one. 

Apart from The Office (he pretty much played himself) I think Gervais' acting skills are a bit ropey.

42 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Seen both series. Its very watchable. Not great but above average. The British actress,Kelly Reilly,who plays the daughter is a bit of a pain as a character though.

I don't mind her, be a cracking shag but then destroy your life afterwards.

39 minutes ago, Elite said:

Apart from The Office (he pretty much played himself) I think Gervais' acting skills are a bit ropey.

After Life isn't great for the acting. Apart from his Dad who is superb. 

"Your my boy"

"I love you Dad"

"Gay" 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Just watched the first episode of The Stranger on Netflix. Its got the bird from Goodnight sweetheart in it. And Jennifer Saunders. Uk Drama. Good first episode to be fair. Love Island is on now though so I'll pick it back up over the weekend. 

You can't miss love island. I can, but you can't.