Quantcast
Rate the last TV Show you watched - Page 434 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rate the last TV Show you watched

6 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Good work mate. It's one of the best looking shows airing at the minute.

thanks - i only worked on the show for a few weeks, but there was a lot of talent and money around there.

here's a pic of the set...

xjcIX9S.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, neko said:

thanks - i only worked on the show for a few weeks, but there was a lot of talent and money around there.

here's a pic of the set...

xjcIX9S.jpg

Is that BMD? 

3 hours ago, cloggypop said:

The new one is like a horror film for kids. Animated emaciated scarecrow, bleak fields and scary Olde Englishe folk songs. Terrifying. 

Christ that sounds nightmarish.

Does he still swap heads? 

4 hours ago, Elite said:

I don't disagree. I could watch Ray for hours to be honest, he's completely engaging.

Got to about season 5 episode 2 and gave up on it. Just got bored of it.

5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Got to about season 5 episode 2 and gave up on it. Just got bored of it.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Would never get bored of that Ray,just the American one.

Yeah, Ray Donovan is shite. Thought you was dissing Shoesmith.

Without spoiling anything for others, is the timeline of Mr Inbetween all over the place or is it the way I’ve sourced the episodes? Does a major character who seems to have died in the first series reappear in the second as though the timeline has jumped back? 

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

No mate, think you've mixed them up somehow.

Ha, typical. Hasn’t hindered my enjoyment of it too much though. 

20 hours ago, skend04 said:

Good work mate. It's one of the best looking shows airing at the minute.

Finished S2 yesterday. It’s a lot better than S1.  

Only just realised that Series 6 of Vikings is on the go. First 5 episodes available on Prime, next 5 out before the end of the Month. Not decided if to watch the first 5 now or binge watch the lot at the end of the month. 

I started the 2nd season of Jack Ryan last night on prime. Pretty much as the 1st season for me so far. It's decent enough, but pretty much what you would expect and no real surprises. It's watchable though and filmed and acted well and all that jazz. Probably a 7/10. 

BBC's Dracula. Lovely. 

This should have been outstanding- Gattis and Moffat, the Sherlock writers, alone, with another Victorian novel, and it's the ultimate vampire? Delicious. 

For the first two episodes, it was as well. At the start of the third, I was practically salivating at where they were going to take things. The usual BBC diversity tickboxes had been integrated without too much clanging incongruity- van Helsing was an atheist nun, but an amusing, kick ass one- even the presence of black and Asian nuns in a late 19th century Hungarian convent wasn't as slap you in the face stupid as usual. The special effects were a bit Doctor Who rubbish at times, but it was a really absorbing and exciting take on the classic yarn.

Sadly, the third episode's premise was just downright daft. Premise isn't the right word there, but more the plot device that allowed Dracula to prosper. The below's a spoiler as there's no real way to describe what happens without giving stuff away.

It was still very good, but really, the threat of habeas corpus would just let Dracula go from an organisation that seemed to have unlimited resources? Anyway, the rest of it was very good, nicely pointing out the utter vacuity of a lot of modern life. And the ending, that Dracula was a cowardly animal afraid of sunlight and belief was very interesting.

Episode 1: 7.5/ 10

Episode 2: 8.5/ 10

Episode 3: 5/ 10

Overall: 7.5/ 10

On 02/01/2020 at 14:51, Pistonbroke said:

Only just realised that Series 6 of Vikings is on the go. First 5 episodes available on Prime, next 5 out before the end of the Month. Not decided if to watch the first 5 now or binge watch the lot at the end of the month. 

I stopped watching after season 4 but might continue, is it worth it?

5 hours ago, Brownie said:

Rewatched the finale of The Night Of just now. Shame they’ve never followed that up with a second season.

Yeah was brilliant that. Turturro was a great replacement for Gandolfini.

28 minutes ago, Elite said:

I stopped watching after season 4 but might continue, is it worth it?

Series 5 was a 7/10 imo, enjoying series 6 so far. 

• Upvote 1

Ozark. I'm at the end of the first season. It has had some good bits and some bits that bug the shit out of me or just don't make sense. Its a good story but I feel like its missing something. Do I bother with the next series ? 

Watched the first series of a thing called Bancroft on ITV on a recommendation from a relative. A police procedural thing with enough flaws to have real police tearing their hair out I assume , but it is quite tense and Sarah Parish is good as the bent cop and is very fit for 51.