You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

A few things I’ve watched over the past few weeks.

The Witcher - Has a bit of an amateur dramatics feel about it, watchable enough and the fight scenes aren’t nearly as good as rumoured. 6/10.

Future Man - Doesn’t take itself too seriously, hams up the genre and several movies/tv shows plot lines. 5.5/10.

Fleabag - Enjoyed this, good set of characters and well written. Main character is a dirty bitch. 7/10.

The Mandalorian - Far better than expected. Loose plot line and episodic in the main. If you are Star Wars fan you should enjoy this. 8/10.

Godfather of Harlem - About half way through and enjoying this. Great cast and getting stronger as the season progresses. 7/10 so far. 

4 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

I finished city on a hill earlier. It wasn't as good as I was expecting. It was decent-ish for me, but no more. I didn't feel too invested in any of the characters and cared little about the outcome at the end. Some of the acting was good, but it just wasn't my type of show. 6.5/10. 

Harsh but truthful.

Just watched "Adam Hills - Take His Legs" on Channel 4.

It's a superb, funny, moving and fascinating documentary about Warrington Wolves Physical Disability Rugby League Club, from the first ever training session to the world club championship in Sydney.

Get it on catch-up and get it watched. 

9/10.

The Witcher Series 1 - 8.5/10. Really enjoyed that. Cleverly written so that a story told over multiple timelines eventually intersects. Given it takes a couple of episodes to realise that’s what is happening, I can see why it would trouble people with the attention span of a gnat. Nice use of some of the short stories from the book to weave into the narrative and show that the worst monsters are often the humans. Well set up for Series 2.

On 22/12/2019 at 00:28, Pistonbroke said:

6 down and 2 to go with the Witcher, getting better, plus Anya Cholotra has boss tits and is a bit of a cutie. Finish this off tomorrow and deffo watch it again next week

E2F46193-8F7A-4825-B671-7B278509EF50.gif

48 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I've watched most of season 1 of Mr Inbetween over Xmas. I quite like it, but I'm not blown away by it like most reviews on here. Does season 2 really step up or is it just more of the same? For me it is just regular generic gangster shit at the moment. 6.5-7/10 for the opening 5 episodes for me. 

It's better than that, but S2 is more of the same. S1 was more like a films script for me, but not edited down to 100 or so minutes, S2 is more like a TV series. But if you are not a huge fan by the end of S1, S2 is probably not going to make you like it that much more. 

52 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I've watched most of season 1 of Mr Inbetween over Xmas. I quite like it, but I'm not blown away by it like most reviews on here. Does season 2 really step up or is it just more of the same? For me it is just regular generic gangster shit at the moment. 6.5-7/10 for the opening 5 episodes for me. 

It does get more engaging as season 2 focuses on Rays relationships a bit more. 

They could definitely pad the episodes out to 45 minutes but it's quite refreshing to see a show go from one pivotal scene to the next with no filler inbetween.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Elite said:

They could definitely pad the episodes out to 45 minutes but it's quite refreshing to see a show go from one pivotal scene to the next with no filler inbetween.

Yeah, but by one pivitol scene to the next, it's just one action scene to the next with nearly next to no context in why he's continually either killing people, trying to kill people or people are trying to kill him. And he's not going to get killed as the show is about him, so it creates no tension because nearly all scenes seem to be kill or be killed. To be honest, it reminds me of watching a computer game. 

8 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Yeah, but by one pivitol scene to the next, it's just one action scene to the next with nearly next to no context in why he's continually either killing people, trying to kill people or people are trying to kill him. And he's not going to get killed as the show is about him, so it creates no tension because nearly all scenes seem to be kill or be killed. To be honest, it reminds me of watching a computer game. 

Yeah first season was probably a 7/10 for me and I haven't really been persuaded to start the second season as yet. No real arc or joined up story for me to connect with and hold an interest in.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Elite said:

I thought it would benefit from longer episodes precisely so it doesn't have to go too quickly from one big scene to the next, like a highlights show.

On 28/12/2019 at 11:40, grazywalker said:

Watched Lad Hood on IPlayer: just a good bit of nice enjoyable comedy about some bloke reflecting back on his tennis with commentary via the third wall. 7.6/10

Has anybody else watched Ladhood? Seen it on the BBC website today described as “a rowdy lads comedy with Fleabag level tenderness”.

That sounds like very high praise but every Inbetweeners or Fleabag, there are a dozen dreadful imitations.

59 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

The original used to terrify me. Him and Aunt Sally. Thinking about it now still gives me goosebumps. It's left me traumatised. 

The new one is like a horror film for kids. Animated emaciated scarecrow, bleak fields and scary Olde Englishe folk songs. Terrifying. 

55 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I thought it would benefit from longer episodes precisely so it doesn't have to go too quickly from one big scene to the next, like a highlights show.

I don't disagree. I could watch Ray for hours to be honest, he's completely engaging.

1 hour ago, skend04 said:

Lost in Space S2 - 8/10 big, good looking, dumb fun. Amazing how one family can get into so much schtuck, with a bit more of an emotional core it's an improvement over S1. Which I actually enjoyed as well. 

Glad someone enjoys it - I designed the Jupiter 'sailing ship' and a few other minor things in the first two episodes.

I spent weeks designing that mast and the rotating/locking base. When you pause/slow it down I can see my design, but it actually doesn't rotate when the mast is raised. I think it was a real hazard for the actors to lift on location.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

18 minutes ago, Elite said:

I don't disagree. I could watch Ray for hours to be honest, he's completely engaging.

Barry WUM

14 minutes ago, neko said:

Glad someone enjoys it - I designed the Jupiter 'sailing ship' and a few other minor things in the first two episodes.

I spent weeks designing that mast and the rotating/locking base. When you pause/slow it down I can see my design, but it actually doesn't rotate when the mast is raised. I think it was a real hazard for the actors to lift on location.

Good work mate. It's one of the best looking shows airing at the minute.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Good work mate. It's one of the best looking shows airing at the minute.

thanks - i only worked on the show for a few weeks, but there was a lot of talent and money around there.

here's a pic of the set...

xjcIX9S.jpg

• Upvote 1