You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

3 hours ago, skend04 said:

Caught up with The Mandolorian over the last 2 days. The incidental music is a bit strange in places but the show is enjoyable. Like a straight to the point western with not too much to think about. 7/10 so far.

Just watched episode 2 and enjoyed it much more than the first one. 7/10 so far.

I agree about the music, doesn’t seem to fit for me. The dialogue’s a bit lacking as well in places but I like the overall feel of it.

On 24/12/2019 at 18:34, Dougie Do'ins said:

20 minutes into the first episode of A Christmas Carol and I'm gripped already.

Watched it all this afternoon, brilliant stuff, 9/10. It could actually have done with being a little longer and including the scenes involving his nephew.

The only thing that kind of grated was-

Mary Cratchitt being black and Tiny Tim being white. Seemed a little odd, but far worse, were they actually going for a 'magical negro' thing at the end?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Watched the first 3 episodes of The Witcher. Hmm, not great, 3/10 sorta stuff but will keep going for a few more.

That hunchback bird, fabulous tits but she, and her entire story arc, did my fucking napper right in.

Yeah, I'd probably give it a 4 so far. I'm struggling to get time to watch it at the moment and when I do I'm being interrupted (joyfully, of course) by my lad. So I'm not really concentrating that well. 

Nice tits though. Yennifer, not my lad. 

44 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Watched it all this afternoon, brilliant stuff, 9/10. It could actually have done with being a little longer and including the scenes involving his nephew.

The only thing that kind of grated was-

Hide contents

Mary Cratchitt being black and Tiny Tim being white. Seemed a little odd, but far worse, were they actually going for a 'magical negro' thing at the end?

Fair points. It was very good though, small issues aside. 

Best thing on this Christmas by a country mile, everything else on all channels has been utter shite.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Home for Christmas (netflix) 8/10

Missus wanted to watch something together so we decided on this due to the fact it was just 6 episodes and each running for about 30 mins. I entered it with dread thinking it would just be some typical chic romantic comedy, but I enjoyed it. It goes way beyond a rom com and actually has small undertones and similarities to fleabag. It's an original Netflix series and is Norwegian, so I can't really say how good the acting is due to the overdubbing. The Character build up is surprisingly good despite the shortness of the series and the humour is pretty darn good. The lead actress has a certain something about her, very sexy imo. Looking forward to the second series which will no doubt be released this time next year. Worth a watch IMO, although it won't be everyone's cup of tea.   

3 hours ago, Elite said:

Fair points. It was very good though, small issues aside. 

Best thing on this Christmas by a country mile, everything else on all channels has been utter shite.

Definitely, it was excellent overall. I had a look at IMDB and was surprised it's only rated a 7. The reviews are very polarised, but the negative ones all seem to concentrate on the swearing and sexual content, along with the usual 'there were only 10 black people in London at the time' stuff- yeah well there weren't spirits of Christmas wandering around either, so fuck off. It makes you wonder whether they know the hideous conditions in mid 19th century London are what drove Dickens to write his novels in the first place...

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Home for Christmas (netflix) 8/10

Missus wanted to watch something together so we decided on this due to the fact it was just 6 episodes and each running for about 30 mins. I entered it with dread thinking it would just be some typical chic romantic comedy, but I enjoyed it. It goes way beyond a rom com and actually has small undertones and similarities to fleabag. It's an original Netflix series and is Norwegian, so I can't really say how good the acting is due to the overdubbing. The Character build up is surprisingly good despite the shortness of the series and the humour is pretty darn good. The lead actress has a certain something about her, very sexy imo. Looking forward to the second series which will no doubt be released this time next year. Worth a watch IMO, although it won't be everyone's cup of tea.   

It's a shame they didn't make it in 2 languages like they did with Norsemen. (Which should have season 3 coming in the 1st half of next year)

Guest Pistonbroke
37 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

It's a shame they didn't make it in 2 languages like they did with Norsemen. (Which should have season 3 coming in the 1st half of next year)

Yeah, it worked well with Norsemen which was also very good. I was reading up about the lead actress in 'Home for Christmas' and she's one of Norway's most successful actresses within Norway. (Never heard of her before) Worth 66 million or somewhere around that. For some reason she reminded me of Sandra Bullock a bit. 

10 hours ago, Mudface said:

Definitely, it was excellent overall. I had a look at IMDB and was surprised it's only rated a 7. The reviews are very polarised, but the negative ones all seem to concentrate on the swearing and sexual content, along with the usual 'there were only 10 black people in London at the time' stuff- yeah well there weren't spirits of Christmas wandering around either, so fuck off. It makes you wonder whether they know the hideous conditions in mid 19th century London are what drove Dickens to write his novels in the first place...

They probably expected it to be jovial and light-hearted. Which is often the case when a man's very soul is stripped bare and his repressed memories of abuse are relived.

2 hours ago, SasaS said:

Finished S6 of Silicon Valley. First 4 are brilliant TV, then it ran for 2 seasons too long.

Last 2 are not exactly horrible, but there's a drop-off and there's no escaping that.

I think it dropped off once bachman left. It was cracking till that point but then just went ordinary. It was still watchable and amusing at times, but a dynamic changed once he left and they never quite replaced it. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I think it dropped off once bachman left. It was cracking till that point but then just went ordinary. It was still watchable and amusing at times, but a dynamic changed once he left and they never quite replaced it. 

Agreed. Plus the narrative pattern became tired and obvious, disaster-twist-escape-twist-disaster and so on.

On 24/12/2019 at 08:26, skend04 said:

Caught up with The Mandolorian over the last 2 days. The incidental music is a bit strange in places but the show is enjoyable. Like a straight to the point western with not too much to think about. 7/10 so far.

Just seen the last episode and I'll stick with the above score for the show's first season. A fun finale that and it'll hopefully get better from here.