You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

8 hours ago, Anubis said:

St George’s Hall, William Brown St, The Palm House, and Ainsdale Woods all looking resplendent in The War Of The Worlds tonight.

Love a bit of Liverpool on the telly. Didn't spot it was Ainsdale woods. 

Enjoyed WotW tonight. Thought the looks into (assumedly) the future were an interesting take. 

Guest Pistonbroke

The Man in the High Castle final series 4. 

Enjoyable enough, but after 4 series's and 40 episodes they rushed the ending to all the side stories and indeed the main one, disappointing after what went before. 6.5/10

Overall, different and worth a watch. Some very good acting and great production values. 8/10

Modern Love on Amazon Prime. 7.5/10. 

This shit tore at my heartstrings, and even though I'm a sappy cunt, I don't think it's because I'm a sappy cunt. It's actually just emotion-provoking for the most part. 

It's a recreation of a New York Times column with the same name, basically a different, unique love story from episode to episode. Not all of them are good, but the ones that are get me genuinely emotional. Especially the first episode with the doorman.

This would be an actual good watch with a significant other. 

Watched ‘The Capture’. Decent enough BBC drama, it’s an easy watch. Would have rather seen it wrapped up though, instead of set up for another series. These things tend to only get worse. 

And while we’re on the subject of BBC dramas...

On 18/11/2019 at 23:14, manwiththestick said:

Started watching Guilt on Iplayer, not bad first episode, will watch more. 7/10.

Two Scottish brothers run someone over on the way home from a wedding, they realise they have killed him and they decide to cover it up. What starts off as a seemingly easy get away soon starts to unravel.

Watched the first episode last night. Agree with your synopsis, I enjoyed it. I’ll put it on again tonight. 

On 18/11/2019 at 23:39, Pistonbroke said:

The Man in the High Castle final series 4. 

Enjoyable enough, but after 4 series's and 40 episodes they rushed the ending to all the side stories and indeed the main one, disappointing after what went before. 6.5/10

Overall, different and worth a watch. Some very good acting and great production values. 8/10

Remind me, as I just can't remember. Why did Smith shoot Juliana at the end of season 3?

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Mr Inbetween s02e11

Oh Ray, no. Absolutely fucking heartbreaking. Awesome acting.

The best program on the telly, easily. Come back soon.

9/10 Fen on Kodi

Have you googled it, Shep? As of yet there’s been no order for series 3. It’s not getting good viewing figures on FX apparently. 

Ok watched episodes 10 and 11 of Mr Inbetween. Hope to god we get more. That last one was horrible to watch. Unreal acting. 

10/10 for both series. Truly fucking brilliant TV. One of the exchanges cracked me up "Look I don't wanna be a pain but can I just ride in the car instead of getting in the boot?" "Absolutely not"

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Ok watched episodes 10 and 11 of Mr Inbetween. Hope to god we get more. That last one was horrible to watch. Unreal acting. 

10/10 for both series. Truly fucking brilliant TV. One of the exchanges cracked me up "Look I don't wanna be a pain but can I just ride in the car instead of getting in the boot?" "Absolutely not"

The way he walked into Freddy’s family home and just pulled the shotgun straight out and blasted the ceiling had me struggling to breathe. I love how they managed to put something that funny into a proper dark episode of TV.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The way he walked into Freddy’s family home and just pulled the shotgun straight out and blasted the ceiling had me struggling to breathe. I love how they managed to put something that funny into a proper dark episode of TV.  

Mate its full of hilarious bits. Yeah that scene was nuts.