You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

On 30/09/2019 at 15:39, Sugar Ape said:

Godfather of Harlem. 

Story of crime boss Bumpy Johnson played by Forest Whitaker who gets out of jail in the 60’s to find his turf taken over by the Genovese mafia family and tries to get control back from them.

Watched the first two episodes and loving it so far. Good supporting cast too, Vincent D’Onofrio, Paul Sorvino, Giancarlo Esposito. 8.5/10 so far.

On 30/09/2019 at 15:43, Numero Veinticinco said:

Acquired that this morning. Looking forward to having a watch. It's that time of year when new shit is out. 

On 30/09/2019 at 17:58, Numero Veinticinco said:

Just watched the first episode of Godfather of Harlem. Surprisingly excellent. Feels a bit Scorsese-y. 

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

It really is fucking good, that. I think I was the first to recommend it on here (cue @Sugar Ape quoting himself getting there before me, the big spoon), and I'm glad I did; it's boss. Quality acting all around, and the wife of Bumpy Johnson is fucking gorgeous as a bonus. 

Yes, I mentioned it over two hours before you watched it you plagiarising cunt. Withdraw your comment and make a sizeable donation to my campaign to get @Bjornebye banned for life and I'll let it slide.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Yes, I mentioned it over two hours before you watched it you plagiarising cunt. Withdraw your comment and make a sizeable donation to my campaign to get @Bjornebye banned for life and I'll let it slide.

I’ve already sold all my belongings and donated the proceeds to that particular cause. 

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Elite said:

I think the short run time helps, not as long to be away from their phones.

I'm lucky as the missus hardly uses her phone and doesn't do social shite like FB/twatter etc. She does watch a load of shit on the box though (with some good stuff thrown in) so having separate rooms to watch TV is a match made in heaven. We do watch the good stuff we both like together...wink wink. 

1 hour ago, Elite said:

Will watch that later. Even my bird loves it.

58 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Same here. She came in earlier and said “Haven’t we got a Mr Inbetween to watch?”

Why the fuck is Elites' bird asking CT to watch Mr Inbetween ?

Reading between the lines, is she in between relationships ?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Why the fuck is Elites' bird asking CT to watch Mr Inbetween ?

Reading between the lines, is she in between relationships ?

Great point. What the fuck have you been upto CT?

16 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I'm lucky as the missus hardly uses her phone and doesn't do social shite like FB/twatter etc. She does watch a load of shit on the box though (with some good stuff thrown in) so having separate rooms to watch TV is a match made in heaven. We do watch the good stuff we both like together...wink wink. 

My bird will happily let me watch anything/play on my PS4 and she'll just go on her phone.

Unless Turdseye pays a visit of course. 

Guest Pistonbroke
13 minutes ago, Elite said:

My bird will happily let me watch anything/play on my PS4 and she'll just go on her phone.

Unless Turdseye pays a visit of course. 

I watch a lot of sport on the box, mainly at weekends. So she's happy to let me got on with it. We watch all the good series/films together, sometimes she'll want to watch them in German though due to complicated text, so having two front rooms is great. Probably have to move into a smaller house when the boys fly the coup, so that'll be interesting. 

Been watching a few of the European dramas off Netflix.

The Chalet. French drama which flits between present day and some time I  the 90's. A group of 30 somethings all get together in their home town which is a remote village in  the mountains. After they get cut off from the outside world people start getting killed. Quite good with a few twists but the "big twist" is easily predicted. 7.5/10.

Le Mante. French crime drama about a copycat serial killer in the loose. The police enlist the help of a previously undercover officer whose mum happens to be the original killer currently serving life. 7/10.

Perfume. German drama about a bunch of friends who have some dark secrets from the past which rise to the surface when one of them is found murdered in strange and grim circumstances. Two episodes in and it's grim and seedy but so far good. 7/10.

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Been watching a few of the European dramas off Netflix.

The Chalet. French drama which flits between present day and some time I  the 90's. A group of 30 somethings all get together in their home town which is a remote village in  the mountains. After they get cut off from the outside world people start getting killed. Quite good with a few twists but the "big twist" is easily predicted. 7.5/10.

Le Mante. French crime drama about a copycat serial killer in the loose. The police enlist the help of a previously undercover officer whose mum happens to be the original killer currently serving life. 7/10.

Perfume. German drama about a bunch of friends who have some dark secrets from the past which rise to the surface when one of them is found murdered in strange and grim circumstances. Two episodes in and it's grim and seedy but so far good. 7/10.

If you haven't watched it already I would recommend 'Fallet.'

It's Swedish with English subtitles and it is very good. It's a spoof Detective series where a Swedish and Brit team up to solve a case. Dark humour and genuinely laugh out loud stuff.  

3 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Godfather of Harlem is the best thing I've seen on TV since Narcos. I'm up to date on it, I think the next one is Sunday. Private Pile is a fucking nutter in it. Have you seen the bath scene? 

Lad if you want me banned for life just ask me to leave. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Godfather of Harlem is the best thing I've seen on TV since Narcos. I'm up to date on it, I think the next one is Sunday. Private Pile is a fucking nutter in it. Have you seen the bath scene? 

Lad if you want me banned for life just ask me to leave. 

Yeah it’s boss. The whole of the cast are brilliant. Second best new programme of the year for me after The Boys. 

Nah you can stay as long as you back my campaign to get @Captain Turdseye banned for life. 

5 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Yeah it’s boss. The whole of the cast are brilliant. Second best new programme of the year for me after The Boys. 

Nah you can stay as long as you back my campaign to get @Captain Turdseye banned for life. 

Not seen The Boys (never even heard of it) but I'm gonna start Mr Inbetween later. 

Yeah I'm in. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I haven't seen Banshee either.... I'm a cunt aren't I. 

Ive got a list, banshee is on it. I'll add The Boys. 

Anyway back to my question about Godfather of Harlem. Have you seen the shower scene with Chin Gigante? 

With the umbrella? Yeah was funny that. Drop everything and watch Banshee straight away. Most violent TV show of all time and the birds are amazing in it. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Love it when you call me fat when you are probably the only person on this forum skinnier than me. 

Your like a skinnier 123 Kid. 

Have you got a magic mirror? You’re like a Pokemon that we’ve all watched evolve slowly every time you post a new picture of yourself. 

A good advert for kids. Don’t sniff cake, it’s bad for you.