You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

On 01/11/2019 at 20:04, Carvalho Diablo said:

Mr. Inbetween - See You In Your Dreams

Another subtle, brilliantly acted and very funny episode. Just love this little program.

9/10 Exodus Redux on Kodi

Just watched that. Fucking brilliant episode.

It's turning into my favourite show. It's such a simple formula but has found the perfect balance between comedy and drama. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Elite said:

Inside the shop I think.

Completely passed me by, that. And last week wasn’t it that matey from the end of series one who was at the house while Ray was dressed as a bush?* The one that kidnapped him. Wonder what role he’s got to play in the last couple of episodes. 

*For anyone that hasn’t watched it. He was dressed as a bush and it was boss. 

10 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Completely passed me by, that. And last week wasn’t it that matey from the end of series one who was at the house while Ray was dressed as a bush?* The one that kidnapped him. Wonder what role he’s got to play in the last couple of episodes. 

*For anyone that hasn’t watched it. He was dressed as a bush and it was boss. 

He's an ex Rugby League player turned actor. I like his character.

Guest Pistonbroke

Does anyone remember watching 'End of the fucking World' a few years ago? It was the one where the teenage lad wanted to kill his female classmate but ended up falling in love with and going on a wild road trip. Really good stuff and refreshing at the time. Dark comedy at its best.

Anyway, the second series starts tonight on Ch4, episodes 1&2 both on this evening starting at 10pm UK time. It is also dropping on Netflix tomorrow in a lot of countries. 

On 01/11/2019 at 20:19, Bjornebye said:

We've just watched the first episode of Godfather of Harlem. Forrest Whittaker returning after a stint in Alcatraz to find his neighbourhood has been taken over by Mafia. Based on Bumpy Johnson. 

So far so fucking good. 

Getting better with every episode. Best thing I've seen since Narcos this so far. 

14 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Where did the other biker guy go when Ray bundled the Prez into the back of the van?

***SPOILER***

He was the right hand man of the biker VP, the one who's paid Ray to bump off the president. When Ray approached the president he knew what was what and just sloped off round the corner, not wanting to be seen.

I think.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

***SPOILER***

He was the right hand man of the biker VP, the one who's paid Ray to bump off the president. When Ray approached the president he knew what was what and just sloped off round the corner, not wanting to be seen.

I think.

Sounds about right.

The stuff with his bouncer mate touched on PTSD as well as any show. Next week's episode looks like full on Carnage.

1 minute ago, Elite said:

Sounds about right.

The stuff with his bouncer mate touched on PTSD as well as any show. Next week's episode looks like full on Carnage.

The acting in the final scene was outstanding. Subtle, poignant and really touching.

The only other show where the writing and acting are anywhere near as good as Mr Inbetween is Better Call Saul. Can't wait for that to return. JMHO of course.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

The acting in the final scene was outstanding. Subtle, poignant and really touching.

The only other show where the writing and acting are anywhere near as good as Mr Inbetween is Better Call Saul. Can't wait for that to return. JMHO of course.

I think 30 mins works well as there is zero filler, just moments that matter in the overall arc/character development.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Does anyone remember watching 'End of the fucking World' a few years ago? It was the one where the teenage lad wanted to kill his female classmate but ended up falling in love with and going on a wild road trip. Really good stuff and refreshing at the time. Dark comedy at its best.

Anyway, the second series starts tonight on Ch4, episodes 1&2 both on this evening starting at 10pm UK time. It is also dropping on Netflix tomorrow in a lot of countries. 

I thought it was great, loved the soundtrack also. Thanks for reminding me I will watch it later..

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I thought it was great, loved the soundtrack also. Thanks for reminding me I will watch it later..

No probs mate. Looking forward to how the carry things on and what happened to the lead characters after how the first series ended. 

8 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

I think I vaguely remember it but I can't really remember what happened and I'm assuming I couldn't have liked it that much. Is it the one that had Jenna Fischer from the US office in it?

Guest Pistonbroke
2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

I think I vaguely remember it but I can't really remember what happened and I'm assuming I couldn't have liked it that much. Is it the one that had Jenna Fischer from the US office in it?

I don't think so mate, it was all unknown British actors. Series 1 is on Netflix and on the Ch4 player.