Quantcast
Rate the last TV Show you watched - Page 4 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rate the last TV Show you watched

In the last month or so i've watched Breaking Bad, Game Of Thrones, Band Of Brothers and True Detective. I'm now wrestling with what to watch next, short list is

Justified

Deadwood

Dexter

The Pacific

House Of Cards

What do you reckon?

Those shows range from decent(HOC) to excellent (Justified), but Deadwood is a staple of the golden age of TV. I think it's probably is the best show of that tier beneath The Wire, Sopranos and The Shield.

Just watched the fifth episode of Season 2 of Hannibal. Fuck me. I'm really glad I picked it up again.

I thought it was only up to 4?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I thought it was only up to 4?

Nope. Episode 5 (called 'Mukozuke') aired last night in the US.

• Upvote 1

Nope. Episode 5 (called 'Mukozuke') aired last night in the US.

Get True Detective watched will you? By 10pm tonight. I'll be quizzing you on it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Get True Detective watched will you? By 10pm tonight. I'll be quizzing you on it.

Out of ten?

Question 1: As you know, True Detective stars Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey. How many wanks have I had since Tuesday?

Close, it's actually 8. And it was interrupted by Stig's mum. I say interrupted, I mean finshed by.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I know. She mentioned she was popping to your place after I'd finished.

Just about to watch that. Whats so bad about the series?

It is utterly disjointed. It lacks the gravitas of the earlier series and the humour.

Also there is not enough of Olyphant. Oh and Amy Smart has lost her looks and so too Alicia Witt

Anyone watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine?

Watched the first couple, decent, could turn out pretty good.

Stick with it, it gets superb! It has been renewed for a second series and quite right too

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Question 1: As you know, True Detective stars Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey. How many wanks have I had since Tuesday?

TONDvAR.jpg

So, this had better be worth it.

Oh trust me, it is. Get it watched.

Also, downloading stuff is so 2012. Sort your XBMC out.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Oh trust me, it is. Get it watched.

Also, downloading stuff is so 2012. Sort your XBMC out.

I download 'em because I keep 'em. I've got a pretty impressive library for all my films and tv shows. Cool as fuck, me.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

But you stream stuff instead of keeping? What happens if you go on a trip and want to take it with you? What happens if you're internet goes down? What if a lady friend offers you a blow job if you've got an awesome HD full of swag? 

I have xbmc on my laptop and tablet which travel with me. Internet goes down? Haven't had my internet go off for years. Embrace it, it's the way forward. It looks even sexier now iStream is on there with all the art and info on the movies/shows etc...

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Actually, that's probably the reason I don't do it - the look. I do have it installed, I just don't use it. Not sure if it was you who I showed a picture of my video folder to, but I do all the covers n' shit. Looks pretty decent. I would switch though, if it looked as amazingly awesome as mine.

It's looks amazing, it has the art for each series and episode of that series, the information on what each episode is about etc...

I'm on my phone so can't post pics but google xbmc amber skin and look at the images. It's pretty awesome.

Similar yeah, once you install iStream in your XBMC there are a few different skins but it's basically like that, click into say True Blood and it lists the seasons with the art, click into a season and each episode is on there with information on it.

It's basically an improved version of Netflix. Deffo worth installing to see what you think, only takes about 10 minutes, if that. You can see what I mean a bit more on here

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Yeah, that does look good. I'll give it a run out over the next week. 

• Upvote 1