You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The Boys.

I’m on the 6th episode. I think it comes across as 2 different shows. 

I really like the bits with the 7 and how cynical and ass holes they are.

I’m not as keen on the Karl Urban bits. 

And then Hughie & Starlight thinly tie the 2 stories together.

Its not bad, I still reasonably enjoy it. After the first episode, I thought it was going to be better. 

I am interested to see how it finishes.

The lass who plays Starlight is absolutely fucking gorgeous. 

The Boys - 7/10 a lot of potential there and definitely could have been better. It loses a lot of that dark comedy as  the show progresses and I'm not sure if the first or second half of the run is better. They're filming the second season now, hopefully they can push it on a bit now that the main characters are established.

1 hour ago, Karl_b said:

Mortimer and Whitehouse: Gone Fishing, S2E1.

Best thing on telly. Gentle, funny, charming and calming. I got a bit emotional at the end there, beautiful.

I don't even like fishing but I love the programme, something about it is just really relaxing with some funny bits thrown in. Completley different shows but I liken it to The Detectorists as that gave me the same vibe.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

I don't even like fishing but I love the programme, something about it is just really relaxing with some funny bits thrown in. Completley different shows but I liken it to The Detectorists as that gave me the same vibe.

Love these pair  together , this and  "the trip"  I  watch regularly  

Just finished watching Shangri-La, a  4  part docu-series about Def Jam founder Rick Rubin and his recordings  and philosophies.

Really not  what I was expecting at all, very new  worldy and hippyish but really chilled and very enjoyable indeed.

8/10 Exodus Redux - Kodi - using Real Debrid

7 hours ago, chevettehs said:

I'm up to episode 9 of Perpetual Grace. Is it just me or could they have covered all of this in about half the time they have done? Just seems to be dragging and even having Ben Kingsley and Jimmi Simpson isn't really helping it. 

I've kind of got stuck half way through episode 4, it was too slow for me. I found I was picking up my phone to read the transfer thread as we were moving faster signing new players. 

I'm really into The Repair Shop. It gets a bit soppy at times as they seem determined to squeeze an emotional story out of everything that comes through the doors but the repair side of things fascinates me. 

Handmaids Tale. How much longer are they going to drag this out ? It's just the same repetitive bleakness now and needs to come to an end.

On 04/08/2019 at 11:15, manwiththestick said:

I started watching The Detectorists on whim a while back. That’s an untapped gem. So beautifully done with a stunning soundtrack. 

I’ll be watching this.

9 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

I've kind of got stuck half way through episode 4, it was too slow for me. I found I was picking up my phone to read the transfer thread as we were moving faster signing new players. 

I persevered to the end. Totally wasn't worth it. 

• Upvote 1

On 30/07/2019 at 19:47, Anubis said:

It’s the blond hair.

Oh, and Justified is boss.

Thanks to you and the others who recommended it. I'd never even heard of it but thought I'd give it a whirl when at a loose end on Friday evening- zoomed through the first series and am thoroughly enjoying the second. Great stuff.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

Thanks to you and the others who recommended it. I'd never even heard of it but thought I'd give it a whirl when at a loose end on Friday evening- zoomed through the first series and am thoroughly enjoying the second. Great stuff.

I didn't enjoy season 1 a whole lot but from season 2 onwards it's fucking brilliant.

Toast.

1st series was brilliant but I just can’t get into this 2nd series at all.

There must have been some serious substance abuse when they were writing this one as it’s just one bizarre unfunny event after another.

I’d never heard of Matt Berry until the what we do in the shadows series came out the other month and then the year of the rabbit and thought he was hilarious but he’s gonna be disappointed when he finds out I'm going off him. Great voice though and perfect timing of the swears. 

5 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Toast.

There must have been some serious substance abuse when they were writing this one as it’s just one bizarre unfunny event after another.

I’d never heard of Matt Berry until the what we do in the shadows series came out the other month and then the year of the rabbit and thought he was hilarious but he’s gonna be disappointed when he finds out I'm going off him. Great voice though and perfect timing of the swears. 

I'm the opposite, loved Toast of London but not a fan of the year of the rabbit.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Elite said:

I'm the opposite, loved Toast of London but not a fan of the year of the rabbit.

Scenes just seem too long and the jokes aren’t hitting the mark in this series. Just hope the 3rd series gets back to form. 

I’ve gotta admit, The elephant man in rabbit just had me creasing. Got funnier the longer it went on

4 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Shame as I was quite intrigued by it after episode 1. 

From the trailer and the 1st couple I thought it could have been great but for me it just seemed like it then went a bit too hard to try and be weird and then dragged out a lot of things but without them really adding any extra depth to the thing. 

2 hours ago, Red74 said:

Toast.

If you like Matt Berry then I highly recommend Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.