You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Okay, so we're just posting fake nudes of famous women now? Cool.

Anyway, really enjoyed watching Warrior over the last few weeks. Pulpy, little bit trashy, but has some great fight sequences, the plot doesn't dawdle and the setting is kind of a novelty. Fun.

Guest Pistonbroke

Maybe's I should have checked into it, not that I give a damn like. Especially on a forum where there's more nude pictures than most. Here's a nicer one of Mrs Davalos, which isn't fake. 

Image result for alexa davalos the man in the high castle

Having successfully revisited Billions, I'm thinking of doing the same with Mr. Robot. I enjoyed the first series but never bothered with season 2 as it had mixed reviews but looking at its ratings on IMDB it's still very high and appears to be still popular. Does anyone on here still watch it?

To set the scene first - she was a teen in the 80's so subsequently, she liked Bros. There was nothgin on the telly late last night and she's going through the channels and discovers a Bros re-union documentary on BBC4, so we watch....

Absolutely brilliant, without doubt the closest thing that I've seen that has ever, ever, come close to Spinal Tap. Even she ended up pissing herself laughing.  It's not the type of statement most people would act on, but if you get chance, watch the Bros documentary, its goes from cringe to hilarity like the wind changing. They filled the o2 over two nights, believe it or not. 

The Guardian article on the gig, even Viz gets a mention.....

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/aug/20/bros-review-not-quite-pops-biggest-ever-reunion

• Upvote 1

Dark

Phew, where do i start ? Really enjoyed this, hooked by the concept despite the ropey acting, sets, make up, despite every episode starts with a character waking up from a nightmare whlst tucked up in a single bed stuck in the corner of some manky room, despite how 10 minutes from the end of every episode we are treated to some sombre and pointless musical interlude, despite all that I really really  enjoyed Dark.

But then the  final episode. FOAGTA. if they think I'm going back for another series of that gobbledegook then they are more stupid than poor fucking Ulrich.

8/10 for both series, 2/10 for the final episdoe.

Ich bin eine pist urf

Just now, Carvalho Diablo said:

Dark

Phew, where do i start ? Really enjoyed this, hooked by the concept despite the ropey acting, sets, make up, despite every episode starts with a character waking up from a nightmare whlst tucked up in a single bed stuck in the corner of some manky room, despite how 10 minutes from the end of every episode we are treated to some sombre and pointless musical interlude, despite all that I really really  enjoyed Dark.

But then the  final episode. FOAGTA. if they think I'm going back for another series of that gobbledegook then they are more stupid than poor fucking Ulrich.

8/10 for both series, 2/10 for the final episdoe.

Ich bin eine pist urf

I loved Season 1 but Season 2 is even better. Don't give up just yet.

2 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I finished the lot 15 minutes ago mate, my review covers both series.

Fair enough.

It's a head fuck but I reckon they'll do a good job of wrapping it up in the final series.

Just finished Waco. Excellent throughout but that last episode, fuck me. Obviously know the story but that was superbly done. Very moving. 

Michael Shannon who is often cast low down the pecking order and usually as a bit of a weirdo is brilliant in it. 

9/10 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Just finished Waco. Excellent throughout but that last episode, fuck me. Obviously know the story but that was superbly done. Very moving. 

Michael Shannon who is often cast low down the pecking order and usually as a bit of a weirdo is brilliant in it. 

9/10 

I've seen the documentary so feel like it's not worth watching but you've charmed me.

18 minutes ago, chevettehs said:

How has the most recent season of Archer been? I loved it though from the start but thought Dreamland and Danger Island dropped off big time. 

Better than those two but not as good as the earlier stuff. Still some laugh out loud moments though mate.

Archer is still good but it was much, much better as a spy comedy. Adam Reed who created it and voices Ray said he was quitting after the current season which put its future up in the air, but they announced the other day it was renewed for another season with Reed taking a reduced role, and it’s returning to the original timeline which can only be a good thing.

I’m going to start The Boys tonight. Love the comics and been looking forward to this for ages. Looks superb. 

3 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Archer is still good but it was much, much better as a spy comedy. Adam Reed who created it and voices Ray said he was quitting after the current season which put its future up in the air, but they announced the other day it was renewed for another season with Reed taking a reduced role, and it’s returning to the original timeline which can only be a good thing.

I’m going to start The Boys tonight. Love the comics and been looking forward to this for ages. Looks superb. 

Is it just another 'super-hero' show or something a bit different. Can't be fucked with another Umbrella Academy type show.