Quantcast
Rate the last TV Show you watched - Page 390 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, redheart said:

I use the VPN built into OPERA browser. How can I tell which country I am logging in from?

 

Also how do I use a VPN when  I am using my Samsung Smart TV and the netflix app?

For your TV you'll have to add a VPN from the app store or if you are using Firestick from Amazon. 

 

As far as built in VPN's go they are shite in general, paid ones are the way to go. If you still want to use the freebies then just click on the VPN icon when the browser is open.

 

vpn-press-image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, redheart said:

I don't use a domestic. I use the netflix app on the TV. Will a VPN app still work and trick the Netflix app into thinking that I am in the USA 

 

Depends on which VPN you use, most freebie ones won't work, the paid ones are far better. 

 

Check this out. https://www.comparitech.com/blog/vpn-privacy/best-vpn-smart-tv/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to add to that, something which makes things a lot simpler.

 

I use a firestick (only 40 bucks or round about that) on my Smart TV, mainly because you can just add the Express VPN app to it and away you go. The firestick itself has all the main apps like Netflix, Hulu etc on it already. So on starting up just go into the VPN app and switch it on to desired location, if needed, sometimes it will stay on from your last use of it. Load up the app you want to use, for example Netflix, log in and away you go. If one Location in the VPN server choice doesn't work then just go back into the VPN app and choose another. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

For your TV you'll have to add a VPN from the app store or if you are using Firestick from Amazon. 

 

As far as built in VPN's go they are shite in general, paid ones are the way to go. If you still want to use the freebies then just click on the VPN icon when the browser is open.

 

vpn-press-image

I've been on opera for ages and never seen that little blue vpn icon ever ? Wtf ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, elvis said:

I've been on opera for ages and never seen that little blue vpn icon ever ? Wtf ?

Just make sure you have updated Opera to the latest version, or download the latest version and follow this. 

 

To activate the free VPN for the first time, enable it in Menu -> Settings -> Privacy -> VPN. From now on you will see an icon on the address bar showing VPN status. Simply click on it to trigger VPN service on and off. You can then select your desired virtual location and also see stats on the data used.

Opera’s VPN can also be used in a private browsing window.

 

I can't say how good it is as I don't use Opera myself. Plus I'm always sceptical about free VPN's as they are usually shite and they are probably storing your Data as I explained earlier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, redheart said:

I use the VPN built into OPERA browser. How can I tell which country I am logging in from?

 

Also how do I use a VPN when  I am using my Samsung Smart TV and the netflix app?

To answer the first, go to a site like this:

 

https://www.whoismyisp.org/

 

It should tell you the answer.

 

Can't help with the second, sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Just to add to that, something which makes things a lot simpler.

 

I use a firestick (only 40 bucks or round about that) on my Smart TV, mainly because you can just add the Express VPN app to it and away you go. The firestick itself has all the main apps like Netflix, Hulu etc on it already. So on starting up just go into the VPN app and switch it on to desired location, if needed, sometimes it will stay on from your last use of it. Load up the app you want to use, for example Netflix, log in and away you go. If one Location in the VPN server choice doesn't work then just go back into the VPN app and choose another. 

 

I have an amazon firestick but I do not use it because I have a smart TV.

 

Are you suggesting that I use the Smart TV Netflix App for UK content and then use Netflix on the Firestick with with a VPN app on the Firestick to watch the US content?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, redheart said:

 

I have an amazon firestick but I do not use it because I have a smart TV.

 

Are you suggesting that I use the Smart TV Netflix App for UK content and then use Netflix on the Firestick with with a VPN app on the Firestick to watch the US content?

No. I was explaining that I use the Firestick for everything as I have a Samsung TV and most Samsung TV's Can't run a VPN service. This is because most Samsung TV's are region-locked to your place of purchase. There are ways around that, like changing the DNS settings manually or using a VPN enabled router. Personally I just let everything run through the firestick as I have a very good IP with fast and stable speeds. If the VPN is not switched on you can use it for the normal content which is allowed, if it's switched on it allows me to use content from the location I choose and the obvious security it provides. It's also a must to use it when using apps like TeaTV or Kodi. If you revert back to the Smart TV apps from Samsung then you just use them as normal. 

 

Or, just use your TV as normal and use a PC/laptop with your VPN to watch stuff from other locations. Most paid VPN services will explain this on their websites and have tutorials on how to set things up using various devices. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Euphoria is one of the craziest shows that has ever been made surely. Some of the subject matter seems gratuitous but the stories also make sense. I can't stop watching it. It's bananas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, redheart said:

But the way I explained is possible. TV app for UK content and Amazon Firestick for US with a VPN App on it?

 

 

Yes, because the Firestick is basically a separate piece of hardware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Inside jokes on Amazon.

Short series about 9 comics trying to get a spot on Just For Laughs new face at the festival.

 

Shows all the shit they have to go through and real side of trying to be a stand up.

 

7.2/10 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Finished S2 of Dark, fantastic. S3 will be the final one, should be out next year. 9.5/10 

It's a great show. Be interesting to see how they wrap things up. Jonah reminds me of Fernando Torres.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Elite said:

It's a great show. Be interesting to see how they wrap things up. Jonah reminds me of Fernando Torres.

 

Yeah, he does a bit. I think the clue is in the sentence Martha said to Jonas at the end. Martha is way to young for me, but she is really cute. 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

 

Yeah, he does a bit. I think the clue is in the sentence Martha said to Jonas at the end. Martha is way to young for me, but she is really cute. 

 

 

 I imagine it's going to get more confusing but don't want to put any spoilers on here.

 

I was going to watch Money Heist but the subtitles were on the top of the screen which completely fucked it for me.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Elite said:

 I imagine it's going to get more confusing but don't want to put any spoilers on here.

 

I was going to watch Money Heist but the subtitles were on the top of the screen which completely fucked it for me.

 

I don't know how NSFW/Hidden content works on this new forum format, so can't post spoilers either. 

 

Money Heist is available in various languages including English mate. Or at least it is over here in Germany. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

 

I don't know how NSFW/Hidden content works on this new forum format, so can't post spoilers either. 

 

Money Heist is available in various languages including English mate. Or at least it is over here in Germany. 

I can't be arsed with dubbing mate. I'd happily watch it with the subtitles at the bottom of the screen but I tried to play about with it on Netflix but couldn't find an option for them to be at the bottom.

 

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to put subtitles high up? Wanker.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Elite said:

I can't be arsed with dubbing mate. I'd happily watch it with the subtitles at the bottom of the screen but I tried to play about with it on Netflix but couldn't find an option for them to be at the bottom.

 

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to put subtitles high up? Wanker.

 

Just checked and the subtitles on Netflix Germany are at the bottom mate. Just click on the '?' button, 'Is there something wrong, tell us about it' option. Maybe's Netflix Uk can change it or at least let you know how you can change the settings yourself. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Started watching Waco last night, two episodes in and it's pretty good. Great cast too, Michael Shannon is always good, the blonde girl from Ozark, even Taylor Kitsch is good as David Koresh.

Where's that on?

 

Cancel my last; got it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started watching 'The Man in the High Castle.' About six episodes into S1. 6.5/10 Sieg Heil so far. 

 

Weird one this, it's a very good idea, obviously based on the book, but nothing much happens. The acting isn't great but is held together by a few good performances. It's just so boring and a bit pretentious, although aesthetically pleasing. Hopefully it gets better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/07/2019 at 13:48, Pistonbroke said:

 

I don't know how NSFW/Hidden content works on this new forum format, so can't post spoilers either. 

 

You just need to put ‘spoiler’ and ‘/spoiler’ in the tags instead of NSFW. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Available Subscriptions

  • Last Match Report

  • Latest Posts

    • A neg from the bloke who thinks Kante is a DM.  Bliss. 
    • Absolutely anonymous in the first. I actually forgot he was on the pitch.    Ok in the second half, nothing spectacular, but moved the ball around. He's obviously going to have a lot of work to get back to his best, because his injury really was a bad one. I don't think some of us, myself included, appreciate how bad his injury was.    Him getting better can only benefit the team, so onwards and upwards. 
    • Jurgen Klopp has hailed the contribution of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain as Liverpool made it two wins from two to start the new season by defeating Southampton 2-1 at St Mary’s stadium.

      The English international spent a large majority of last season on the sidelines recovering from a serious knee ligament injury sustained in the Champions League semi final clash against Roma in April 2018.

      Understandably the comeback had been carefully managed with hurdle cleared viewed as a major success.

      Oxlade-Chamberlain played 45 minutes against Chelsea in the Super Cup where he was part of the front three alongside Mo Salah and Sadio Mane before being replaced Roberto Firmino at half-time.

      The 26 year-old ticked another box by making his second consecutive start against his former side in his more familiar position in midfield.

      Klopp was very impressed with what he saw as the Liverpool Echo reported:

      “Brilliant. It was different, he was outstandingly good.

      “He felt the intensity and knew he was ready for it.

      "The 45 minutes on Wednesday we can now say they helped for sure.

      “We had to make changes and it was important in the centre of the park especially that we were really there, ready for all these long runs and decisive things. 

      “It was good to have these opportunities, and Ox was obviously not bad today.                             

      The man himself told the Official site what it meant to be back and be playing a meaningful role.

      “It was nice to be back out there. In a winning performance is always nice as well.

      “I had an alright game, a decent game but the main thing was I wanted to make sure I focused on the defensive duties and making sure I was putting in the work and had the legs to help the boys. 

      “I’m glad we did that as a team.

      Ox also reflected on his journey back to this stage.

      “On a personal level, it’s nice for me, it has been a while since I started but I’m delighted that I could help contribute to the team because that’s what I’ve missed so much, being able to contribute and help this set of players to achieve things. 

      “It was really nice to be back out there.”

      Much had been made of the short space of time between the game in Istanbul and the clash on the South Coast, but the midfielder was really impressed with the professionalism of the group.

      “The fixtures are there and you’ve got to go and win them. 

      “We didn’t want to come off the pitch with any excuses as to why we didn’t get the right result.

      “We were under the cosh a bit at the end but we played some really good stuff in parts as well.

      “It was absolutely brilliant from the boys; after a big midweek, to come and do that at a tough place [shows] what we’re made of.”





      https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/361351-alex-oxlade-chamberlain-reaction-liverpool-southampton

      https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jurgen-klopp-singles-out-alex-16773130
      View full article
  • Latest Round Up

  • Popular Contributors

×