Quantcast
Rate the last TV Show you watched - Page 388 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Bloodline.... Fuck me. First series was brilliant now I'm on the second to last episode and it has gone fucking ridiculous. Finishing it because it will do my head in not to but what a disappointing end (so far) 

I loved the first season but didn't get past the first episode of season 2, just couldn't get back into it.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When They See Us

 

Just blasted thrrough this Netflix 4 parter which tells the true story of the Central Park 5 and their wrongful conviction of the rape and attempted murder of a lady jogger back in 1989. All I can say is wow, because When They See Us is one of the mosy powerful  and moving drama docs I've ever seen.

 

The direction and (especially) the acting, from the mostly unheard of emseble is incredible.

 

Absolutely must see  television. Incredibly moving stuff.

 

10/10

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One Punch Man. 

 

Japanese anime based on a manga, I'm only a few episodes in but it's completely batshit insane.

 

About a superhero that's so overpowered that he kills off any baddies with one punch, and becomes extremely bored and depressed because nothing challenges him. 

 

9/10 for me, its on Netflix and the episodes are only about 20 minutes long so it's definitely worth a quick look if you're vaguely interested in that sort of thing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Aventus said:

One Punch Man. 

 

Japanese anime based on a manga, I'm only a few episodes in but it's completely batshit insane.

 

About a superhero that's so overpowered that he kills off any baddies with one punch, and becomes extremely bored and depressed because nothing challenges him. 

 

9/10 for me, its on Netflix and the episodes are only about 20 minutes long so it's definitely worth a quick look if you're vaguely interested in that sort of thing. 

Does he punch any police horses?

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/06/2019 at 13:49, manwiththestick said:

I loved the first season but didn't get past the first episode of season 2, just couldn't get back into it.

yup , same here -  completely lost the plot

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Just finished when they see us. Very good and I think I might have enjoyed the Oprah thing that went with it just as much. 9/10

Yup, sensational tv Barry. What's the Oprah thing you're on about though mate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Yup, sensational tv Barry. What's the Oprah thing you're on about though mate?

It's like a chat she's done with the director, the key actors for half the show and then the other half is with the 5. It lasts an hour. It came on right after episode 4, I think it was called something like "when they see us now/today". It was powerful stuff, both from the people involved with the film, but clearly more so from the 5 themselves. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone seen The Lawyer ? , scandinavian thriller series 

Watched the first one last night , not overly impressed to be honest - is it worth persevering ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When They See Us - 9.5/10. 

 

Heartbreaking. The interrogation scenes were fucking hard to watch but the last one was brutal to watch. Poor fucking fellas. Surprised there hasn't been more riots over there after that has been aired. Good few digs at Donald Trump in it as well. 

 

Powerful, moving and brilliantly acted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stranger things 3 is now available on Netflix, 8 episodes. I shall be diving into that this evening and finishing it off tomorrow. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Stranger things 3 is now available on Netflix, 8 episodes. I shall be diving into that this evening and finishing it off tomorrow. 

Yeah, going to make a start on that later.

 

Have you not seen Dark?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Elite said:

Yeah, going to make a start on that later.

 

Have you not seen Dark?

 

Not yet mucka, it's actually next on my list I'm working through. (obviously after Stranger Things has been binged) 

 

Just finished Into the Badlands. Kind of relies on the martial arts fight scenes which get a bit boring as they seek various ways to stage the fights. The overall acting is not great, some of the baddies are just ridiculous plus they just swing to and fro between hating them and then, hang on, they're good now. Nick Frost added a bit of humour and there are quite a few fit birds in it, no naked stuff unfortunately. 

 

Overall a decent enough 6.5/10 swords. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

 

Not yet mucka, it's actually next on my list I'm working through. (obviously after Stranger Things has been binged) 

 

Just finished Into the Badlands. Kind of relies on the martial arts fight scenes which get a bit boring as they seek various ways to stage the fights. The overall acting is not great, some of the baddies are just ridiculous plus they just swing to and fro between hating them and then, hang on, they're good now. Nick Frost added a bit of humour and there are quite a few fit birds in it, no naked stuff unfortunately. 

 

Overall a decent enough 6.5/10 swords. 

Dark is brilliant mate, a complete head fuck but in a good way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Elite said:

Dark is brilliant mate, a complete head fuck but in a good way.

 

Sounds good, It's a German production so I'll probably watch it in the original German language. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

 

Sounds good, It's a German production so I'll probably watch it in the original German language. 

Yeah I watch it subtitled, dubbing is wank.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Elite said:

Yeah I watch it subtitled, dubbing is wank.

Thankfully I won't need subtitles. I always find subtitles annoy me in general. They don't leave them up long enough at times and you tend to miss certain things due to reading and trying to watch at the same time. Works Ok on a small screen like the PC monitor whilst you are sat close up, but less so on the Large TV sat a few metres away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/07/2019 at 08:41, VladimirIlyich said:

Gomorrah series 4.

 

Just onto last episode and its probably the weakest series of the lot. Hoping for a big twist in the tail to at least raise the standard.

No real surprises at the end. Disappointing series all told. Probably 6.5 or 7/10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too Old to Die Young

 

I'm only one episode in, but I've already started looking at my phone and fast forwarding scenes. Massively self indulgent from Nicholas Winding Refn, the long pauses and pointlessly extended shots are interminable; proper pompous film student levels of bollocks, all style over substance. Still, it looks the business, and the plot might keep me interested, so I'll brave another episode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Too Old to Die Young

 

I'm only one episode in, but I've already started looking at my phone and fast forwarding scenes. Massively self indulgent from Nicholas Winding Refn, the long pauses and pointlessly extended shots are interminable; proper pompous film student levels of bollocks, all style over substance. Still, it looks the business, and the plot might keep me interested, so I'll brave another episode.

Hmm , started off slowly , picked up pace and then went a bit odd . 6/10 for me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/07/2019 at 10:57, Elite said:

Dark is brilliant mate, a complete head fuck but in a good way.

 

Just watched the first 4 episodes of S1 and I'm kinda hooked already. Great storytelling so far and I have a feeling things are just about to get better. I'll obviously rate it after I've finished the first series. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/06/2019 at 18:04, Aventus said:

One Punch Man. 

 

Japanese anime based on a manga, I'm only a few episodes in but it's completely batshit insane.

 

About a superhero that's so overpowered that he kills off any baddies with one punch, and becomes extremely bored and depressed because nothing challenges him. 

 

9/10 for me, its on Netflix and the episodes are only about 20 minutes long so it's definitely worth a quick look if you're vaguely interested in that sort of thing. 

Just decided to give this a go based on reading this. Really enjoying it, daft as fuck and quite clever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×