You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

16 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

"Chernobyl" on HBO.

First of five hour-long episodes.

So far so good. 

A modern day horror story. "Don't look under the bed!" becomes "don't let your kids dance around in the nuclear fall-out ash!"

Got a last minute holiday special deal to Bulgaria during the 1986 World Cup & asked a lifeguard why I appeared to be the only bather in the Black Sea , my Geography O Level had obviously failed me.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, sir roger said:

Got a last minute holiday special deal to Bulgaria during the 1986 World Cup & asked a lifeguard why I appeared to be the only bather in the Black Sea , my Geography O Level had obviously failed me.

Once you'd grown gills and flippers, you'd have been fine.

• Upvote 1

I started that Chernobyl last night. Its on Sky Atlantic but I got a good Kodi stream. Only watched the first episode and it looks like it could be decent. 

That said though, the cast is awful. It’s a who is who of shit British actors and it even has that lanky elf cunt woman who appeared at the end of Line of Duty and who has just appeared in Game of Thrones. They all speak in posh English as well which is odd. The main scientist fella is the dad off Friday Night Dinner

I'll get back with a rating. 

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I started that Chernobyl last night. Its on Sky Atlantic but I got a good Kodi stream. Only watched the first episode and it looks like it could be decent. 

That said though, the cast is awful. It’s a who is who of shit British actors and it even has that lanky elf cunt woman who appeared at the end of Line of Duty and who has just appeared in Game of Thrones. They all speak in posh English as well which is odd. The main scientist fella is the dad off Friday Night Dinner

I'll get back with a rating. 

How the fuck she gettung so many parts she's got a face like Pete Townshend.

Having said that I thought it was really good and had some really good actors in  it like Jared Harris Stellan Skarsgsomething or other and Emily Watson. Pretty terrifying to be honest and um oy one episode in .

Also watching The Looming Tower which is more than pretty decent up to now . Drama about the start of al Qaida and how the CIA and FBI hid information from each other 

33 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It looks like absolute shite to me too. A drama about a Ukranian/Russian nuclear incident full of posh British actors speaking English is ridiculous.

I'd rather that than what they did in Anthropoid when they had actors speaking English with shit foreign accents so you can't understand it.

Although both are not as good as simply having locals do it and subtitles. 

• Upvote 1

Black Summer

Bleak, low budget post-apocalyptic survivors Vs zombies miniseries on Netflix.

Follows the journey of several characters through a North American city to a 'safe' stadium, with some scenes repeated from a different character's perspective.

Oddly, episodes range in length from 20 minutes to around 45 minutes. Generally unknown cast.

I enjoyed it - felt like a Stephen King short story or novella in tone. Funnily enough (or not), he's praised it on Twitter.

On 16/05/2019 at 19:46, Stickman said:

How the fuck she gettung so many parts she's got a face like Pete Townshend.

Having said that I thought it was really good and had some really good actors in  it like Jared Harris Stellan Skarsgsomething or other and Emily Watson. Pretty terrifying to be honest and um oy one episode in .

Also watching The Looming Tower which is more than pretty decent up to now . Drama about the start of al Qaida and how the CIA and FBI hid information from each other 

I recently finished The Looming Tower. Very good. But frustrating. 

On 20/05/2019 at 23:28, Red74 said:

What we did in the shadows. BBC2 last night. 

Had to keep rewinding it as I was missing scenes from laughing at what I’d just realised had been said a minute before. 

Brilliant 

I watched the first 2 after loving the Movie but thought it was shite.

• Upvote 1

Agree with the Chernobyl shouts, it's unreal. 

I've been gripped since the first episode. Great series. Gripping, horrifying and harrowing all at once. 

Little bit weird seeing Trevor from Eastenders as one of the miners drafted into helping walking round stark bollock naked in the latest episode though.

For anyone maybe not aware there's also a HBO podcast released after each episode airs that covers the fact/fiction behind each episode with the maker of the show on it. Very good supplement as it covers what they changed/confirmed things that actually happened. 

Simply called The Chernobly Podcast. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Juniper said:

Agree with the Chernobyl shouts, it's unreal. 

I've been gripped since the first episode. Great series. Gripping, horrifying and harrowing all at once. 

Little bit weird seeing Trevor from Eastenders as one of the miners drafted into helping walking round stark bollock naked in the latest episode though.

For anyone maybe not aware there's also a HBO podcast released after each episode airs that covers the fact/fiction behind each episode with the maker of the show on it. Very good supplement as it covers what they changed/confirmed things that actually happened. 

Simply called The Chernobly Podcast. 

Chernobyl fallout!

• Upvote 1