You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I thought it was that musician fella,Stuart.

I remember our local pub quiz one night in which one of the question was what was Peter Sutcliffe famously know as and some guy shouted out "the fifth Beatle" with a big smug grin on his face.

That he was technically wrong on two counts was even funnier.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I liked the sound of that Yorkshire Ripper documentary but some posters have told me every detail about it.

It's really good, especially as a social commentary of Britain in those times.

Also more than a bit weird seeing just how dated, old fashioned and primitive everything seemed, when in my mind's eye it only feels like 5 minutes ago. Time is a cruel mistress.

2 hours ago, Champ said:

He came across so well. I was amazed how 'undamaged' he appeared to be after all of his experiences

You think so? I thought the lad came across as someone on the brink of crossing the threshold from being a victim and  transmogrification into the very thing he proclaimed to despise: a flesh eating, arse raping, serial murderer.

He was a ginger too.

51 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

You think so? I thought the lad came across as someone on the brink of crossing the threshold from being a victim and  transmogrification into the very thing he proclaimed to despise: a flesh eating, arse raping, serial murderer.

He was a ginger too.

You need a bit of that. 

15 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Celebrity Painting

Mariella Frostrup does loads of voiceovers but nothing much else yet she seems to get by

She is the agony aunt on The Guardian and gives some seriously wacky advice to some seriously wacky 'problems'

Last weeks classic was ' I met my girlfriends parents for the first time & realised I had had sex with her dad '

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

Watched it first time around and it was really good , won't give any spoilers other than Jodie Comer is going to be a big star.

I meant S2, mate. I saw it first time around, too. Jodie Comer is fucking sex. Straight up lovely. I'd let her impregnate me and I'd happily change my gender to make it happen, if such a thing were possible. Either way, good show and good performance. 

• Upvote 2

On 16/04/2019 at 23:57, redheart said:

Black Summer. All rather good after 4 episodes.

One point. Can no fucker learn to shut a door. When being chased by a zombie shut or lock doors behind you it will stop them trying to get you. No fucker in this has figured this out.

Also just beat the shit out of those annoying kids

Ha! The door thing occurred to me as well. 

Wont discuss the rest as I don’t want to spoil it. 

Although one of my favourite parts was that is was filmed locally to me, and it’s fun trying to figure out the locations. 

On 17/04/2019 at 14:29, Carvalho Diablo said:

It's really good, especially as a social commentary of Britain in those times.

Also more than a bit weird seeing just how dated, old fashioned and primitive everything seemed, when in my mind's eye it only feels like 5 minutes ago. Time is a cruel mistress.

Tried to watch the first episode and while the footage captured the time the female voice over sounded like a student reading the words from a piece of paper rather than naturally with a bit of emotion. Is everything outside of wildlife stuff the BBC do now so amateurish?

Top documentary on Woodie Guthrie last night. BBC 4

Many parallels with the way the dust bowl migrants were treated and Trumps behaviour today.

A must watch on I Player if you missed it. BBC did an Arena programme on Guthrie about 25 years ago which was brilliant. This was just as good.  

• Upvote 2

I started enjoying Comedians Watching Football with Friends. It was pretty boring and felt very forced and unfunny at first but last couple of episodes were quite entertaining. It helped that they covered our last two games too.