You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

On 1/11/2019 at 12:58 PM, Elite said:

I'll only really get into the 'elite' shows now such as Narcos, BB, Better Call Saul, Game of Thrones, Stranger Things, etc. I've become a fussy bastard and can't be arsed with the tier below like The Americans, etc 

The Americans is no 2nd tier show imo. I only put the sopranos and breaking bad in front of it and it had a more satisfactory ending than both. 

On 1/12/2019 at 9:02 AM, Hades said:

Anyone seen that You on Netflix? Worth a watch?

I've just finished it. I liked it at the start, or was at least intruiged, but in the end I thought it was a let down. As someone on here mentioned, it has a bit of a dexter vibe, but it's not as good as dexter, or certainly the early seasons. 6/10 for me. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Anybody ever watch Future Man ? A mate recommended it so I watched the pilot, was okay with a few laugh out loud moments but not enough to convince me to go back for more.

My mate was the guy who also recommended Mr Inbetween, so he has good taste. Loved that.

I liked it. I was the same in that watching the first episode it was okay but I wasn't immediately looking for the next episode, however as it went on I got more into it. It was mentioned earlier that the 80's episode were Wolf goes raging on the coke was very funny.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

The Americans is no 2nd tier show imo. I only put the sopranos and breaking bad in front of it and it had a more satisfactory ending than both. 

I've just finished it. I liked it at the start, or was at least intruiged, but in the end I thought it was a let down. As someone on here mentioned, it has a bit of a dexter vibe, but it's not as good as dexter, or certainly the early seasons. 6/10 for me. 

The Americans was superb. By far the best Showtime production I have watched. A class above Dexter for example(which was still decent.)

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The Americans was superb. By far the best Showtime production I have watched. A class above Dexter for example(which was still decent.)

I don't think it was showtime. Pretty sure it was off regular American TV - FX if I recall properly. But agreed, it was great and improved with each season too. 

Titans seems alright so far, superhero stuff that is very dark compared to the films, but distinct enough to not be directly compared to the daredevil type stuff we've had on Netflix. 

Feels like a similar aesthetic to Watchmen, camp costumes but not afraid to have peoples heads being graphically shot off, or someone burned alive. 

Which makes me wonder how the actual HBO Watchmen TV series is going to go down later in the year as this seems to cover their bases. 

8 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Finished watching ‘You’ last night. Thought it wasn’t too bad, maybe a 6 or a 6.5/10. Right up until the very final scene for which I’m taking off two points. 

So it could have scored 8.5? Good score.