Quantcast
Rate the last TV Show you watched - Page 348 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rate the last TV Show you watched

28 minutes ago, Hades said:

Anyone seen that You on Netflix? Worth a watch?

Halfway through it. It’s not great but I’ll stick it out. Feels to me like it’s aimed at women so it’s probably not for you. 12 months ago you’d have loved it. 

• Upvote 1

Anyone seen Anthony Joshua - Road to Klitschko on Netflix? Fair play to him for winning that fight, it was an absolute war. Cant help but feel his nobhead side comes out a few times behind the scenes and he is trying too hard to be a wholesome decent fella. 

Nice bit where he buys his old trainer a car though. 

In regards to Strike Back, does the first series have a name as I've looked on Virgin Box sets and they have a few but are all different names like: Strike Back:Retribution, Strike Back: Vengeance, etc.

I'll look on Kodi if it's none of those

Series one is just Strike Back. Two is Project Dawn, Three is Vengeance, Four is Shadow Warfare, Five is Legacy and Six is Retribution. 

2 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Series one is just Strike Back. Two is Project Dawn, Three is Vengeance, Four is Shadow Warfare, Five is Legacy and Six is Retribution. 

Fair enough, they have all those bar the first season.

Think the first season might also be known as Chris Ryan’s Strike Back and Strike Back Origins as well so check under that as well. 

7 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I couldn’t much get into Strike Back. So many shows, so little inclination to watch any of them. 

How much of it did you watch?

Will do, sugar ape.

Btw numero, I just can't take to six feet under.  I have watched the first four and have jibbed it.  I'm desperate to like it, but just not happening for me.

2 minutes ago, Naby's Nuts said:

Will do, sugar ape.

Btw numero, I just can't take to six feet under.  I have watched the first four and have jibbed it.  I'm desperate to like it, but just not happening for me.

Interesting, mate. It’s an incredible show, in my opinion. But I guess we like what we like, if you’re not digging it by then I reckon you’re right to fuck it off. No point wasting your time. 

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Started watching something on Netflix, a DC show rather than Marvel about superheroes. Only two episodes in but excellent so far.

You need to get on that Short Trek train thar buddy. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Started watching something on Netflix, a DC show rather than Marvel about superheroes. Only two episodes in but excellent so far.

Titans? Yeah, that's supposed to be really good. Was going to start it last night but got side tracked. Might watch later.

12 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Not a lot, mate. Not enough to write it off. I think the first 2/3 episodes. It was ages ago now. 

You can just ignore the first season and start from episode one of season two and you won’t it anything. It’s a self contained season basically. 

Just watch the first one and I’d be surprised if it didn’t catch your fancy. 

5 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Interesting, mate. It’s an incredible show, in my opinion. But I guess we like what we like, if you’re not digging it by then I reckon you’re right to fuck it off. No point wasting your time. 

I have weird OCD in that once I start something, I have to see it through.  So it ain't over yet, mate!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Titans? Yeah, that's supposed to be really good. Was going to start it last night but got side tracked. Might watch later.

That's the one.

20 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

You can just ignore the first season and start from episode one of season two and you won’t it anything. It’s a self contained season basically. 

Just watch the first one and I’d be surprised if it didn’t catch your fancy. 

Okay mate. I’ll give it a bash and let you know. 

20 minutes ago, Naby's Nuts said:

I have weird OCD in that once I start something, I have to see it through.  So it ain't over yet, mate!

Yeah, I used to be like that. Now I have a collection of well over 16000 episodes of TV. Something like 510 shows. Ain’t nobody got time for that. 

Six Feet is a top level show though. It sits comfortably with Sopranos, GoT, The Wire, Eastenders, Breaking Bad, and the like as high end stuff. 

• Upvote 2

Anybody ever watch Future Man ? A mate recommended it so I watched the pilot, was okay with a few laugh out loud moments but not enough to convince me to go back for more.

My mate was the guy who also recommended Mr Inbetween, so he has good taste. Loved that.

15 hours ago, Naby's Nuts said:

Will do, sugar ape.

I never finished Six Feet Under. I enjoyed the first few series but then felt it went on too long. I also think that while it was one of the best around at the time,it has now been surpassed by so many other shows that I'd have little inclination to go back and watch it again.

I watched the Waco documentary, fascinating. I think the ATF/FBI went a bit gung-ho like, the mad bastards.

Watched 2 episodes of Strike back which is okay but I'd give up only for Ape saying it improves a lot in season 2. I might jump straight to Season 2 actually.

13 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I never finished Six Feet Under. I enjoyed the first few series but then felt it went on too long. I also think that while it was one of the best around at the time,it has now been surpassed by so many other shows that I'd have little inclination to go back and watch it again.

It was fantastic and its one of my favourite ever shows but I don't think it's aged well. The ending remains the greatest ending to TV show ever.

• Upvote 1