You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

40 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Maybe not, the duration of that show's episodes do vary. Did you find it a bit slow going? I like the format but it's certainly not going to be to everyone's taste.

Yep slow going and just all to unconvincing. From the very first scene where it showed the house I just thought it looked like a rip off something I'd seen a few times before. Massive old hose with loads of rooms and a locked door that hadn't been opened in years.

To add to that, I thought the acting was poor too. It had Hammer House of Horrors written all over it. 

As you say, not going to be to everyone's taste.  

On 10/20/2018 at 3:42 PM, Shooter in the Motor said:

I thought the third episode was quite poor to be honest. Four is where it picks up. Might be worth seeing how you get on with that before giving up on it?

Having watched 4 and 5 I'm fully on board this show now. Episode 5 was some of the creepiest shit I've ever seen and I usually find horror stuff dull as fuck.

1 minute ago, Elite said:

Having watched 4 and 5 I'm fully on board this show now. Episode 5 was some of the creepiest shit I've ever seen and I usually find horror stuff dull as fuck.

Good news you stuck with it, it's masterful and episode 6 is like a stage show. If you liked 4 and 5, you're gonna love 6!

Just now, Shooter in the Motor said:

Good news you stuck with it, it's masterful and episode 6 is like a stage show. If you liked 4 and 5, you're gonna love 6!

Good to know, I'm glad it's picked up in quality as I was very underwhelmed at the beginning. 

48 minutes ago, Elite said:

I think it was episode 4 in which i sensed myself hiding my breath at one point (young Luke under the bed) and another scene when Luke was in the street. 

Episode 5 was all about the bent neck lady, again chilling in parts. Episode 6 is up there with the best TV I have seen, not as scary just really well put together. I have been talking up this show all week to anyone who'll listen.

43 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Off today, so on the basis of the reviews above I’ve watched the first three episodes of Hill House. Enjoyed it so far. Am saving the next three episodes for a straight run given what people have said about them.

Pay attention to episode six, you will struggle to find a better shot sequence on TV. 

On 9/25/2018 at 8:36 PM, RedKnight said:

Watched four episodes of FX's Trust but had to give up. It just wasn't giving me what I wanted for a story about the kidnapping of J. Paul Getty's grandson, I'd probably be better off with All The Money In The World instead. I found Trust lacking in focus, having flashy direction from Danny Boyle but not really telling me anything. Props to Brendan Fraser, he was in good in every scene he was in. Ultimately though I couldn't be arsed getting through any more episodes.

Struggling with this too at the moment, on episode 2 and thinking about binning it. It's one of those  where you have a big name director (and screenwriter) seemingly bringing a fresh approach to television, only to discover they don't fully understand the media. And If Brendan Fraser's ridiculous character gets more time, it's curtains for me.

I came to Trust via The Murder of Gianni Versace (8/10) which is another of those American Crime true stories like OJ which I keep neglecting thinking why would I care only to end up binge watching it over two days. Boyle and Baufoy could learn a thing or two from it, how to create characters, get viewers hooked and maintain their interest rather then focusing on visual escapades. Yes, that shot of a red Jag pulling over in front of Sutherland standing by the castle's main entrance looked great, but that's not enough for 10 episodes. It has a distinct Young Pope vibe, or at least of those 20 minutes of Young Pope I managed to endure before switching it off.

42 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Mr Inbetween 8.5/10.

Thanks for the recommendation as this is a bit of a gem of a series. Also found out that its based on a 2005 film based on the same character and written and starrring him too,Scott Ryan. Best series I've seen in a while.

Completely agree  mate. Just blasted through the last 4 episodes like a hot knife through butter. Such an easy watch and really funny. Just a shame there's only the 6 episodes.

• Like 1

Haunting of Hill House is superb. I'm not particularly a horror fan, but this is so well done it's really gripped me- the acting and direction has been top notch so far and the story's been unexpectedly touching and poignant in a number of places. As mentioned earlier in the thread, episode 6 is a masterpiece. Great stuff, got 3 episodes to go, 9/10 up to now.

• Upvote 1

just started watching the good place on Netflix.  Its not the greatest but its easy viewing for when you have just come of a night shift and need something to switch off to.

its got the main bloke who was trying to knob Kirstie Alley in Cheers (I think) in it an some blond bird (don't know who she is) who IMO would be a great fuck in it.

Any way if you have just finished a night shift and need a little switch off and forget about work time before you go to bed then give it a try.  If however you are wanting something to tax the brain cells then steer clear! 

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

Haunting of Hill House is superb. I'm not particularly a horror fan, but this is so well done it's really gripped me- the acting and direction has been top notch so far and the story's been unexpectedly touching and poignant in a number of places. As mentioned earlier in the thread, episode 6 is a masterpiece. Great stuff, got 3 episodes to go, 9/10 up to now.

Now I've finished it this is where I'm at. Watching the younger and older Nell and Luke side by side tugged on the heartstrings more than a few times, not something you often see in horror nowadays. Just a very very good and fresh feeling horror show 6.75/7

Has anyone done a "spot the ghost in the scene" with this? There's around 1 or 2 per episode just lurking somewhere, not directly involved in the story.

14 hours ago, Kloppite said:

just started watching the good place on Netflix.  Its not the greatest but its easy viewing for when you have just come of a night shift and need something to switch off to.

its got the main bloke who was trying to knob Kirstie Alley in Cheers (I think) in it an some blond bird (don't know who she is) who IMO would be a great fuck in it.

Any way if you have just finished a night shift and need a little switch off and forget about work time before you go to bed then give it a try.  If however you are wanting something to tax the brain cells then steer clear! 

I love the good place, it warms my normally cold heart. 

Very light hearted, funny, doesn't take itself seriously, and it moves at a decent pace. No stalling to fill series whatsoever. 

• Upvote 1