Quantcast
Rate the last TV Show you watched - Page 321 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rate the last TV Show you watched

1 minute ago, Elite said:

Finally getting around to watching the final Season of Kingdom.

Final season is boss. Mega fucking violent.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Final season is boss. Mega fucking violent.

I'm watching the first episode now, forgot how good it is. 

• Upvote 1

Johnathon Tucker is a class actor, probably one of my favourite TV actors alongside Walton Goggins. Big fan of Keith as well the massive weirdo.

Keith is brilliant. His conversation with Jay in, I think, a season 2 episode about killing a man had me in bits. 

Jonathan Tucker in the last season of Justified with Walton Goggins and Timothy Olyphant is the pinnacle of cool.

4 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Keith is brilliant. His conversation with Jay in, I think, a season 2 episode about killing a man had me in bits. 

Jonathan Tucker in the last season of Justified with Walton Goggins and Timothy Olyphant is the pinnacle of cool.

I don't think there will ever be a cooler show than Justified. Really miss that.

I don't think there will ever be a cooler show than Justified. Really miss that.

Yeah, I'm going to have to pick it up. I dropped it after the first episode of the season where some boxer cunt is in it. At the time, I'd just had enough of it. Timothy Olyphant is boss though. 

I really liked him in the thing he did with Drew Barrymore. I bonged watched both seasons of that as soon as they came out. Santa Clarita Diet. I can't wait to watch season 3. It's quirky as shit, but I really enjoyed it.

11 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, I'm going to have to pick it up. I dropped it after the first episode of the season where some boxer cunt is in it. At the time, I'd just had enough of it. Timothy Olyphant is boss though. 

I really liked him in the thing he did with Drew Barrymore. I bonged watched both seasons of that as soon as they came out. Santa Clarita Diet. I can't wait to watch season 3. It's quirky as shit, but I really enjoyed it.

Not a fan of Santa Clarita Diet but he's fucking ace in Justified and Deadwood.

Get back into Justified mate, it's fantastic.

5 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

At the time I had lots of much better stuff to watch. 

Get to fuck. There's not that many better!

Get to fuck. There's not that many better!

I'm not sure what season I got up to, either 3 or 4 I think, but it was very samey. It was the same trick the entire way along. It certainly wasn't an elite show until that point, by my reckoning.

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

I'm not sure what season I got up to, either 3 or 4 I think, but it was very samey. It was the same trick the entire way along. It certainly wasn't an elite show until that point, by my reckoning.

Quality wise it probably isn't elite but because I loved it soo much I'd put in the upper echelon is you catch my drift. It's one of my favourite ever shows but that's because of the brilliance of Raylan and Boyd. Their rivalry was top class.

Of shows of that kind I'd only put the Sopranos, The Shield and maybe Breaking Bad ahead of it, and Breaking Bad was a tad overrated for me. I liked it a lot better than the Wire and there are a few shows that have a season or two that are better ( First seasons of Fargo and True Detective for example ) but overall I'd prefer Justified. One of the problems with it is the first season isn't too good with " villain of the week " episodes. Once they make the switch to having a story arc over a whole season it vastly improves.

Obviously I'd have stuff like GOT, Twin Peaks and the X-Files ahead but that's hardly comparing like for like.

Tell you what is an underrated show; Rescue Me. Never spoken about like other FX shows such as Justified, The Shield and SOA but it's every bit as good.

13 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Tell you what is an underrated show; Rescue Me. Never spoken about like other FX shows such as Justified, The Shield and SOA but it's every bit as good.

I could never get into that, I just couldn't click with the characters. It being about Fireman didn't help either, I much prefer crime drama's.  

Do FX have any good shows currently airing?

American Horror and Crime story and Fargo are their main ones. Maybe Legion. The Americans has just ended but I didn't rate that as highly as some.

2 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

American Horror and Crime story and Fargo are their main ones. Maybe Legion. The Americans has just ended but I didn't rate that as highly as some.

AHS is for teenage girls,

ACS is good.

I've not seen season 3 of Fargo due to it being called shit by quite a few people.

Legion I stopped quite early but may revisit.

I agree about The Americans, it's good but nothing special although I've only seen 2 seasons.

32 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

On 9/2/2009 at 2:41 PM, Guest Numero Veinticinco said:

For me, this show is right up there with the top TV shows. Other than The Wire (which I've tried twice to get into, but failed) I've watched pretty much every highly rated modern TV show.

Is right. 

On 7 October 2018 at 9:22 AM, rb14 said:

Read through the last ten pages of this thread and can save others the trouble by saying there's fuck all out worth watching right now. 

Furthermore:

Ace

The Vietnam War (ten unimaginable episodes) - no accident that this tops my list.

Making a Murderer (a close second) - those beneath are in no particular order... 

People v OJ

Sicario

Breaking Bad

Fauda

Sopranos

Wire

Narcos

GOT

House of cards (US - not done UK) 

True Detective

Fargo

American Vandal

Dexter (early series) 

The Staircase

Meh or worse

Brothers and sisters 

Bloodline

That shite thing with that terrorist and that fucking woman. 

Yeah, that's it, Homeland. What a load of shite. 

True Blood (started well) 

Ozark (started well) 

Madmen - stylised boredom

I have missed some. 

What about Power? I'm half way through series 4. It is ACE

3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Im a bit worried about your under-rating of Breaking Bad, Rapey. 

Ones people dont don’t mention enough: West Wing and Six Feet Under. Two of the greatest shows ever. 

Breaking Bad was brilliant but i'm not sure I could sit through it again. Unlike Narcos which I have seen about 8 times all the way through. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Breaking Bad was brilliant but i'm not sure I could sit through it again. Unlike Narcos which I have seen about 8 times all the way through. 

You should be able to speak fluent Spanish by now.

6 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Im a bit worried about your under-rating of Breaking Bad, Rapey. 

Ones people dont don’t mention enough: West Wing and Six Feet Under. Two of the greatest shows ever. 

Six Feet under definitely. The copies I have found of The West West haven't aged well so I can't be arsed.

Just now, Bjornebye said:

I’m rewatching it now. It’s better than I remember it, and I’m enjoying it more.