Quantcast
Rate the last TV Show you watched - Page 313 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Recommended Posts



On 14 September 2018 at 10:53 PM, Brownie said:




Anyone been watching “The Mighty Redcar” on BBC?




It’s a very insightful documentary series on the plight of young people growing up in a town with limited opportunities.






Thanks for the nudge, Brownie. I really enjoyed it. It's reminded me of another series, Generation Gifted, that portrayed young people from challenging backgrounds and their aspirations for the future. You so want them to do well


  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<scorpion>

 

Watched 2 episodes of this. A really good idea which couldve been a gritty and exciting show. Ruined by the current obsessing of adding kooky, geeky side kicks akin to the Big Bang Theory cast. Don't bother 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You mean 'Show Me a Hero?' Pretty weak show in my opinion. I also didn't like Treme. Best thing he did recently in my view was the documentary,The House I Live In.

Show Me a Hero didn't quite work but it was a valiant attempt, Treme I liked very much, admittedly no one I recommended it to did.

I have not seen this documentary, was that one of his? Don't see Simon listed among the makers of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Couldn't get into the duece largely due to all the sex scenes , possibly one for the you know you're getting older thread

 

You’re officially in Moanero territory. 

 

Snap out of it, man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Netflix and prime. What should I watch, I'm well behind on decent boxsets? Obviously seen the big 3 of GoT, the Wire and Sopranos, also seen Breaking bad and some of Vikings (not sure I can be arsed to follow up). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I have Netflix and prime. What should I watch, I'm well behind on decent boxsets? Obviously seen the big 3 of GoT, the Wire and Sopranos, also seen Breaking bad and some of Vikings (not sure I can be arsed to follow up). 

Ozark is decent. Season 2 has definitely kicked it up a notch.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I have Netflix and prime. What should I watch, I'm well behind on decent boxsets? Obviously seen the big 3 of GoT, the Wire and Sopranos, also seen Breaking bad and some of Vikings (not sure I can be arsed to follow up). 

 

Better Call Saul. Billions. Big Mouth. Rick & Morty. Fargo. Black Mirror. Narcos

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Controversial opinion coming up but: Not sure with Better call Saul, loved Breaking bad but Saul was my least favourite "likeable" character (obviously no where near as annoying as Skyler and Marie). I know Mike is in it though and with the same writers it should be good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Champ said:

I’m curious, do you lot watch other things apart from these ‘shows’?

Sport, movies, documentaries, porn.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Remmie said:

Controversial opinion coming up but: Not sure with Better call Saul, loved Breaking bad but Saul was my least favourite "likeable" character (obviously no where near as annoying as Skyler and Marie). I know Mike is in it though and with the same writers it should be good. 

I love BCS, it's slower than a suncream sale in a blizzard though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, I’ve watched it through twice, I would have done it more but... the feels.

The ending remains the greatest bit of TV I've ever seen. Truly beautiful.

 

The show itself is underrated as it never gets mentioned alongside The Wire, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad but for me it's at that level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Elite said:

The ending remains the greatest bit of TV I've ever seen. Truly beautiful.

 

The show itself is underrated as it never gets mentioned alongside The Wire, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad but for me it's at that level.

Yeah, it’s absolutely at that level. I can always spot a fellow good TV enthusiast/saddo by there knowledge of certain shows. SFU is one of the prime examples of that. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, it’s absolutely at that level. I can always spot a fellow good TV enthusiast/saddo by there knowledge of certain shows. SFU is one of the prime examples of that. 

I'm choking up here mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Elite said:

I am going to rewatch Six Feet Under, one of the greatest shows of all time.

I think I'll watch that soon. Never heard of it but always open to good TV shows. Another show I should get back in is Grey's Anatomy. It was really good but just stopped watching due to other shows.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×