Quantcast
Rate the last TV Show you watched - Page 310 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rate the last TV Show you watched

[smug mode]I said when BCS was released one episode at a time I would wait and watch all at once as it may be a little slow. Looks like I was right. [/smug mode]

Watched the first episode of Bodyguard, it was quite good. Spoke with my Mum yesterday after she hounded me to watch it. Told her I watched the first episode of it, her reply,

" who'd have thought blah blah happened in episode blah '

Ta Mam!

Watched the first episode of Bodyguard, it was quite good. Spoke with my Mum yesterday after she hounded me to watch it. Told her I watched the first episode of it, her reply,

" who'd have thought blah blah happened in episode blah '

Ta Mam!

Yer ma.

• Upvote 1

just watched Band of Brothers for the 1st time. Got to be one of my favorite programmes, the old soldiers at the end was a good touch, didnt see it coming

• Upvote 3

just watched Band of Brothers for the 1st time. Got to be one of my favorite programmes, the old soldiers at the end was a good touch, didnt see it coming

It's fantastic, could watch this every day.

• Upvote 2

The Pacific was disappointing though

• Upvote 1

Those that think Bodyguard is predictable, would you mind telling me how it ends? I have a shit load to get through, could do with freeing up some time.

• Upvote 1

Problem with the Pacific is the characters changed too much because they were always dying. Historically accurate in that sense though to be fair.

Those that think Bodyguard is predictable, would you mind telling me how it ends? I have a shit load to get through, could do with freeing up some time.

Somebody did something really bad for some reason, I'm sure of it.

I thought The Pacific was OK.

Its biggest issue was following Band of Brothers, which is one of the best TV series ever made.

spot on.

The Pacific was good but compared to Band Of Brothers it not at that level.  Where BOB excelled the Pacific struggled in the individual narrative. That was more down to the style of combat across the Pacific island invasions. It was far more disjointed than the Western Europe campaign.

People who watched the Pacific before Band of Brothers rate it higher because the expectation level isn't there. On its own its an excellent series but it doesn't match up well compared with BOB which is the greatest TV series of all time

Pacific suffered because of the disjointed narrative of the Pacific campaign compared to Europe.

In Europe it was possible to follow one group of soldiers from training through to the end of the war. It was  a simple narrative of invasion and advance. So a simple linear structure with the same characters.

The Pacific was a disjointed war with a disparate bunch of soldiers undertaking different battles on different shitty little islands and hence it seems disjointed

Caught up on Bodyguard. It’s not brilliant but it’s not bad either. 

I only watched The Pacific once at the time it aired. From memory I thought it started well and ended well but all the bits in between where they were on leave in Australia kind of ruined it. 

On 9/12/2018 at 10:45 PM, Carvalho Diablo said:

Just watched the last episode of Castle Rock; can someone help me out because I still haven't got a fucking clue what happened. Completely and utterly perplexed.

Thought the last scene hinted at something.

Has anyone been watching Grayson Perry’s Rites of Passage? Not groundbreaking but he has a very easy manner with people, reminiscent of Louis Theroux, that makes for thoughtful viewing. I’ve watched the first two, on death and marriage so far. Not a dry eye in the house