Quantcast
Rate the last TV Show you watched - Page 299 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Sync or swim BBC4

heartwarming Storyville documentary about the middle-aged Swedish men's synchronised swimming team against all odds becoming world champions. well worth a watch if like me you have no real interest in the discipline

10/10

Just finished El Chapo season 3,and most likely final series. Series 1 started iffy and got better series 2 and 3 are decent and a bit like a watered down Narcos. Like I've said before the biggest problem is the dubbing of the actor's voices,that's a bit shit.

7 or 8 Tacos out of 10.

Anyone who enjoyed What We Do In The Shadows, just started watching a show called Wellington Paranormal which features a couple of the police officers from that. Similar premise with vamps etc but from the police perspective.

I fucking loved What we do in the shadows.

I'll get onto this later.

Ozark season 2 is now on Netflix so I have been recapping on season 1, the woman Marty works with at the bar is lovely and I would happily renovate her business with dirty money.

That's weird, everything online said it was set for a 31st August release date.

Cheers though, I've been looking forward to this so will maybe get started on it tonight.

That's weird, everything online said it was set for a 31st August release date.

Cheers though, I've been looking forward to this so will maybe get started on it tonight.

Maybe, I have misread so don't get your hopes up...

Edit. Yep, just checked and it is August 31st. As you were..

• Upvote 1

What Is America, Sharp Objects, Castle Rock, Ozark, Better Call Saul and Long Lost Family all on the go within the next few weeks.

We're living in a golden age of television.

Just started season 3 of Into the Badlands. Really enjoy this show, it's like an Enter the Dragon Mad Max mashup. Some of the acting can be a wee bit ropey but the martial arts/Wuxiu fight scenes make up for it big time.

• Upvote 1

Just concur with Skend04, Into the Badlands is great. Over the top fight scenes for sure but they are great to watch , visually it has a rather unique look, and the story line gets better as the series progress.

• Upvote 1

Bored in work today. Watched The Day Today. Sublime TV.

This is the NEEEEEWS

I love the never-ending graphics.

A great programme that means you can never watch Newsnight the same ever again.

The things is about the Day Today it was a spoof of how news was going to go. How dumbed down it would become and the stupid over the top graphics. Sadly it is indistinguishable from the current news output

I don’t normally like watching stand up shows on telly because I reckon it loses a lot from being there. I’ve never found Hannah Gadsby that funny.

Her Netflix special, Nanette, isn’t that funny either but it is absolutely amazing.

• Upvote 1

I don’t normally like watching stand up shows on telly because I reckon it loses a lot from being there. I’ve never found Hannah Gadsby that funny.

Her Netflix special, Nanette, isn’t that funny either but it is absolutely amazing.

I watched about 15 mins but gave up. Might give it another go.

Hannibal

Reporting back from the discussion five pages back and regretting to say I am binning it after four episodes, I've had enough.

Frankly, don't see the attraction. It does not even come across as all that unique, unless of course your staple is CSI or such network police procedurals. Which it essentially is, once you strip away the effort to make it odd and quirky, in order to hide the fact you have that creepy looking stone-faced Danish actor, obviously an alumni of the Jean-Louis Trintignant drama academy and not much else to show.

Almost nothing works here.

• Upvote 2

Hannibal

Reporting back from the discussion five pages back and regretting to say I am binning it after four episodes, I've had enough.

Frankly, don't see the attraction. It does not even come across as all that unique, unless of course your staple is CSI or such network police procedurals. Which it essentially is, once you strip away the effort to make it odd and quirky, in order to hide the fact you have that creepy looking stone-faced Danish actor, obviously an alumni of the Jean-Louis Trintignant drama academy and not much else to show.

Almost nothing works here.

You made it further than me, my missus & I got about half an hour into the first episode before we had to turn it off.

Absolutely atrocious.