You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

In Dec 2017 it was said to be in serious discussion regarding Season four. Crazy to cancel it, IMO.

Absolutely, the TV network were the ones who decided to cancel it but the makers of it tried their best to get another network involved to no avail. It had so much potential not only with Hannibal's character but all the other characters that appeared in the movies later on.

I really wanted also to get into the space show that I forget the name of, that was also cancelled. All too common unfortunately. I also remember watching a show called 'Lie To Me' with Tim Roth that just simply ended with a cliff-hanger about four episodes into a season and it just completely stops with no possible continuation.

I’ve been rewatching Hannibal. It’s an absolute fucking masterpiece, in my opinion. End of Season 2, start of Season 3 is up there with anything. It’s incredibly elegant.

It was fucking sublime, the most unique show on television. At times it was overly ambitious, but given some of the crap on TV you can’t see that as a negative. It actually didn’t start off that well, the first couple were quite derivative, but then it hit its stride.

I actually thought it ended okay, that said I check on a weekly basis to see if it’s coming back.

It was fucking sublime, the most unique show on television. At times it was overly ambitious, but given some of the crap on TV you can’t see that as a negative. It actually didn’t start off that well, the first couple were quite derivative, but then it hit its stride.

I actually thought it ended okay, that said I check on a weekly basis to see if it’s coming back.

Indeed, I thought the first season was 7/10 when I watched it first time, 8/10 second. Finale of season 2 and opener of season 3 was just up there with absolutely anything I’ve seen, other than the end of SFU, which burned my soul a little bit.

You're all looking at Hannibal the wrong way. You should be amazed that the show got three seasons when it was on NBC; the violence and imagery on it was unprecedented for network TV. It was also arty, weird and obtuse - getting three seasons of it was a small miracle and we should appreciate that it happened.

You're all looking at Hannibal the wrong way. You should be amazed that the show got three seasons when it was on NBC; the violence and imagery on it was unprecedented for network TV. It was also arty, weird and obtuse - getting three seasons of it was a small miracle and we should appreciate that it happened.

I fully understand that, but with VOD being prominent now and the show having quite a dedicated fan base I wouldn’t rule out a continuation. That said I’m sure there’s some strange rights issues regarding broadcast and the whole Silence Of The Lambs storyline.

I fully understand that, but with VOD being prominent now and the show having quite a dedicated fan base I wouldn’t rule out a continuation. That said I’m sure there’s some strange rights issues regarding broadcast and the whole Silence Of The Lambs storyline.

MGM own Silence of the Lambs and were hesitant to allow them to use it although I believe there was a softening of the stance towards the end. I think the time passed on the actor's contracts to allow anyone to pick it up and the online rights were an issue so Netflix couldn't get it because Amazon already had the rights. So it was Amazon or no one, more or less.

Now you got me interested in Hannibal. What would you compare it to?

Nothing else on TV, there’s bits of Cronenberg, Lynch, Antonioni, every great film director, but it’s still its own thing.

Beautifully grotesque would sum it up. I’m a massive fan of the Harris’s books, Manhunter and Silence Of The Lambs. Hannibal is the best (semi) adaptation of the material.

You’ll either love it or hate it, you won’t be indifferent (as long as you get past the first couple of episodes).

• Upvote 1

Nothing else on TV, there’s bits of Cronenberg, Lynch, Antonioni, every great film director, but it’s still its own thing.

Beautifully grotesque would sum it up.

Now you are scaring me. I see that the same guy created Dead Like Me which I liked so I might give it a go.

Now you are scaring me. I see that the same guy created Dead Like Me which I liked so I might give it a go.

I liked Dead Like Me, I also liked that thing he did with Anna Friel. It’s nothing like those though, you wouldn’t expect it from him at all. He gets away with an awful lot for TV, in fact I’m fairly sure one episode got pulled after some school shooting, it’s on the DVDs and streams though.

Am going to re-visit Hannibal now I have my new sound bar that works with my hearing aids.

Had to give it up early as I could barely hear or understand anything Mikkelsen said.

On the ' shows that just disappear ' me and the Mrs watched a show called 'Reaper' for a few series and just as it appeared to be reaching some sort of conclusion the Channel 4 announcer just said at the end of an episode ' As Reaper was cancelled in the US there won't be any more episodes , sorry '

We were distraught.

I liked Dead Like Me, I also liked that thing he did with Anna Friel. It’s nothing like those though, you wouldn’t expect it from him at all. He gets away with an awful lot for TV, in fact I’m fairly sure one episode got pulled after some school shooting, it’s on the DVDs and streams though.

OK, but it  doesn't have to be for me, I go more for some kind of "artistic intelligence" I feel is behind a particular show, which then makes me take a look at something else that person has made. Or vow never to let it darken my TV screen again. 

Thanks to all for describing it.

OK, but it doesn't have to be for me, I go more for some kind of "artistic intelligence" I feel is behind a particular show, which then makes me take a look at something else that person has made. Or vow never to let it darken my TV screen again.

Thanks to all for describing it.

I’m actually really looking forward to seeing what you think of it.

Lie To Me is being taken off my list then. Didn’t know that.

Quarry was a good show that was cancelled after the first series. That was a shame because the one series they made was fantastic.

Quarry goes alongside Rubicon as top shows which were inexplicably cancelled despite being excellent.