You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Its not bad. I love Dylans Morans stand up so I gave it more of a chance.

I watched it all the way to the bitter end, because I love everyone attached to it,  and it was an excruciating experience all the way through, could never understand the hype.

I discovered I have a funny relationship with Graham Linehan (BB writer) I love reading his interviews, find him great as a guest on radio and TV talk shows, funny, insightful, intelligent, I loved it when he did panel shows for a while, but I have discovered I don't care for his work one little bit. Strange.

I watched it all the way to the bitter end, because I love everyone attached to it, and it was an excruciating experience all the way through, could never understand the hype.

I discovered I have a funny relationship with Graham Linehan (BB writer) I love reading his interviews, find him great as a guest on radio and TV talk shows, funny, insightful, intelligent, I loved it when he did panel shows for a while, but I have discovered I don't care for his work one little bit. Strange.

Not even Father Ted?

No, couldn't get into it. I am aware of the reputation, but it didn't do it for me.

Same here. Never understood the fuss.

To go back to modern comedy,the US pisses all over the British stuff. Although I don't think there is much out there at present. The problem with the Yanks is that they milk them to death with about 22 episodes a series and they aren't funny after about 7 or 8.

Same here. Never understood the fuss.

To go back to modern comedy,the US pisses all over the British stuff. Although I don't think there is much out there at present. The problem with the Yanks is that they milk them to death with about 22 episodes a series and they aren't funny after about 7 or 8.

I think that's starting to change though. Sunny, east bound and down, vice principles and the good place all are shorter run series.

The only 2 US comedies that would get anywhere near close to my top 20 of all time would be The Simpsons and Police Squad! Stuff like Frasier, Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, the US Office, I don't get the hype. The most recent example where I was wondering wtf everyone was talking about is Silicon Valley, it was mildly amusing but no more. I think I've just a taste block to US comedy, I just don't find it funny

The only 2 US comedies that would get anywhere near close to my top 20 of all time would be The Simpsons and Police Squad! Stuff like Frasier, Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, the US Office, I don't get the hype. The most recent example where I was wondering wtf everyone was talking about is Silicon Valley, it was mildly amusing but no more. I think I've just a taste block to US comedy, I just don't find it funny

What is your top 20?

Is silicon valley really a proper comedy? I thought it was pitched as a dramody or whatever they call them. I thought Fraser was very good and the US office was brilliant. I've never watched curb and didn't get Seinfeld. I think the US has some of the best modern comedies, but equally they churn out some real shite which is lapped up by the masses. Like that 2 broke girls.

What is your top 20?

Off the top of my head, my favourites would include: The Young Ones, Filthy Rich and and Catflap, Bottom, The Office, The Royle Family, League of Gentlemen, Peep Show, Fawlty Towers, I'm Alan Partridge, Knowing Me Knowing You, The Inbetweeners, The IT Crowd, Brass Eye, Detectorists, People Just Do Nothing, etc

Edit and one of my very favourites - Limmy's Show

• Upvote 1

Off the top of my head, my favourites would include: The Young Ones, Filthy Rich and and Catflap, Bottom, The Office, The Royle Family, League of Gentlemen, Peep Show, Fawlty Towers, I'm Alan Partridge, Knowing Me Knowing You, The Inbetweeners, The IT Crowd, Brass Eye, Detectorists, People Just Do Nothing, etc

Have... you watched... It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia?

I like a number of those, but couldn't get into People Just Do Nothing. Seemed poorly cast, in my opinion.