You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Guest Numero Veinticinco

A show made in the same style couldn't be sustained I don't reckon. Star Trek and Star Trek fans are all about the details, the reboots don't have any, they're just action films. Warping from Earth to Vulcan and back again in 30 seconds for fuck's sake.

When was that?

But yeah, a TV show could be better at that stuff I think. I think I just want it. I've watched BSG at least a couple of times, maybe three. I want some epic space TV. Maybe I should write something.

Probably not.

When was that?

But yeah, a TV show could be better at that stuff I think. I think I just want it. I've watched BSG at least a couple of times, maybe three. I want some epic space TV. Maybe I should write something.

Probably not.

All the distances in the first Star Trek reboot were fucked up. They left Earth and were in Vulcan in like 17 minutes or some shit, just time enough for Chekov's accent to be the butt of some jokes.

Deffo room there for some kind of sci fi show, I hope Interstellar's success leads to more interest in the genre.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

All the distances in the first Star Trek reboot were fucked up. They left Earth and were in Vulcan in like 17 minutes or some shit, just time enough for Chekov's accent to be the butt of some jokes.

Deffo room there for some kind of sci fi show, I hope Interstellar's success leads to more interest in the genre.

It's specifically something in space I'm after. With ships and aliens and worlds and warps and all sorts of science fictions.

I take it you weren't a fan of the Star Trek reboots?

It's specifically something in space I'm after. With ships and aliens and worlds and warps and all sorts of science fictions.

I take it you weren't a fan of the Star Trek reboots?

They're good standalone films but they're bereft of everything that makes Star Trek, Star Trek.

Have you seen Firefly? Babylon 5? The latter specifically is incredible from season 2 onwards, starring Bruce Boxleitner - AKA Tron.

Finished Peaky Blinders last week. Loved it, absolutely cracking series.

Just started watching The Blacklist and midway through episode 1 I had to turn it off because I was so enraged by the total and utter shitness of it.

Lizzy ? Plug ugly, way too much make up, sub-Starling cuntlet, bossing her bosses about and barking orders on her first day in the job ? Righto.

Spader ? Some cunt needs to tell him that Silence of The Lambs was nearly 20 years ago.

Just appalling, deleted 22 episodes from my hard drive already.

Guest davelfc

I picked up a NowTV box the other month and for just under £5 a month I get the entertainment pack. That in itself is pretty shite but it comes with Sky box sets and catch up. So armed with recommendations from here I decided to start watching The West Wing, shit that's some polished TV. Halfway through season 4 now and it's compulsive viewing. I'll rate it once I'm finished but so far it's pretty much a 9.5/10.

I can also keep up to date with the latest Walking Dead and Blacklist, the latter isn't great but I actually think Spader is good and Lizzy pretty fucking gorgeous. Once I've finished the West Wing I'll watch The Wire. I've also noticed they have the Newsroom on there too, I stopped after season one because I just was too busy to notice that season two had started. 

I don't watch live tv much at all, only selected sports so this is perfect for me. You can pass someone the log in and have two devices operating at any one time, with 4 devices registered at once. It's definitely available on IOS, Apple TV and probably Android but I wouldn't know. I've passed my log in to a mate so the whole thing now costs me under £2.50 a month. Cheaper than messing about with VPNs and torrent sites. 

Anyway thought that might interest someone out there. If you know what you're doing then you can use one of these devices abroad to watch live sky etc. 

https://thevpn.guru/watch-now-tv-outside-uk-vpn-dns-proxy

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The West Wing is some of the best TV ever. Top quality. Sure, there are some parts that are very... American... but it's generally top notch, isn't it.

Guest davelfc

The West Wing is some of the best TV ever. Top quality. Sure, there are some parts that are very... American... but it's generally top notch, isn't it.

I'd docked half a point for parts being very 'American' but it's slick and polished. Sheen is brilliant as the president and to think initially he was only going to be in it for a few moments every four episodes or so. Can't believe it's taken me this long to watch it. 

Just watched the first episode of Remember Me, BBC1's supernatural drama that started last Sunday with Michael Palin in the lead role. It's still available on iPlayer until 10pm tonight. It's actually pretty good so far.

I've heard good reports of this too but assumed that as its a series it would be held for longer than just a week

I'd docked half a point for parts being very 'American' but it's slick and polished. Sheen is brilliant as the president and to think initially he was only going to be in it for a few moments every four episodes or so. Can't believe it's taken me this long to watch it.

I avoided it myself for years but after watching series 1 stopped watching because of 'the American shite.' But I then went back to it and was glad I did.

Polished is a great word for it as I thought the scriptwriting was about the best I've ever seen.

The final series of Newsroom is shite and so smug and self satisfied its untrue.

I thought all of it was tbh. Shame because I've loved everything Sorkin's done (Sports Night, West Wing, Studio 60). I feel as if it being on HBO has lessened the quality because previously Sorkin had to invent clever dialogue to get around the no-swearing issue whereas now there's liberal cursing and the overall writing quality isn't as creative. 

The Walking Dead isn't really doing it for me. Watched a few episodes of the second season and I was bored. I read about 8 volumes of the comic and loved it for the most part, but my mind is pretty foggy so while I remember there was a lot of crazy characters and storylines, I don't remember thinking any of it was daft or too soap opera-y. I dunno whether to stick with it or just start watching Mad Men or Deadwood. I've already given WD about 9 hours of my life and I'm yet to be entertained. Not exactly a good sign - 5.5/10 

Parks and Rec season 5 - There's less laughs, but it's still funny. This past year I've watched Arrested Development and It's Always Sunny in their entirety and along with Parks I'm having a hard time trying to decide which one I like best. They're all hilarious though and have brought me many laughs. I don't have a clue what's happening in British comedy these days as I very rarely watch our TV, but if I was to have a guess, I reckon there's not much going on - 7.5/10