You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Guest Pistonbroke

Yeah, she goes into prison for season 2. She looks a lot more Thelma than Daphne in there.

It's an interesting show but the US style editing of turning about 20 minutes of material into a full show is annoying. Not sure how real it all is but that teacher was funny.

Cheers C. I've obviously only watched the first episode but the Teacher came across as a bit cock sure/naive. It was mainly him who had me thinking that it had to be some sort of scripted show to drag the audience in, plus the lesbian copper was about 4 foot tall and about the same in width. You also have that bird who is married to a soldier and is probably scared of her shadow, why on earth would anyone like that enter such a hostile environment . 

The first series made it clear that his son was dead but that he couldn't move on and accept it. It also was a comment on how we sometimes never get closure like we would like. When it ended it said that it would be back but that only one character would be coming back.

I'm not sure how you're finding series 2 confusing, Champ. It's quite clear what time frame we're in and all the pieces slowly lock together, especially after the last episode (not sure if you've seen that so I won't reveal anything). The Missing is one of those shows where I don't use the phone or laptop and just watch the episode, otherwise I'd be completely lost. I think it's a great show, I'd love another series and, the last I read, Tcheky Karyo was happy to do more and that's fine by me because he's brilliant.

I found the different time frames quite difficult to follow in the first couple of episodes but as I've watched successive episodes that has been less distracting but there is a lot of material in there to assimilate. Like you say, you want to give it your full attention.

I've just finished episode 5. I'll say no more...

Very glad to hear that there may be further series. I was concerned that his illness was a device to wrap it up

I found the different time frames quite difficult to follow in the first couple of episodes but as I've watched successive episodes that has been less distracting but there is a lot of material in there to assimilate. Like you say, you want to give it your full attention.

I've just finished episode 5. I'll say no more...

Very glad to hear that there may be further series. I was concerned that his illness was a device to wrap it up

Well, the writers say they don't have any thoughts about further series but at least there'll be more Baptiste if they do.

Did you pay for it through his website or is there a different way to watch it now? I thought a five dollars per episode was a bit steep.

No, I found a "different way", I think he shot himself in the foot with pricing for this and will lose money. I think $5 is only fort the first episode though (which should be free in my opinion), and then it's 3$ per episode to the end, which comes at $30 for the entire thing, and I agree this seems very expensive. Some of the episodes are 30 to 35 minutes and this is not your usual stand-up special material they have an established audience for.

I like what he is doing (self distributing, producing) and  what podcasters are doing, but when pricing, people forget that if you paid for everything a couple of pounds or dollars they typically ask for you'd be spending a couple of hundred each month on individual programming, on top of your national license fee and / or cable subscription and Internet costs which is too much to watch / listen to a bit of television / talk radio after all.

No, I found a "different way", I think he shot himself in the foot with pricing for this and will lose money. I think $5 is only fort the first episode though (which should be free in my opinion), and then it's 3$ per episode to the end, which comes at $30 for the entire thing, and I agree this seems very expensive. Some of the episodes are 30 to 35 minutes and this is not your usual stand-up special material they have an established audience for.

I like what he is doing (self distributing, producing) and  what podcasters are doing, but when pricing, people forget that if you paid for everything a couple of pounds or dollars they typically ask for you'd be spending a couple of hundred each month on individual programming, on top of your national license fee and / or cable subscription and Internet costs which is too much to watch / listen to a bit of television / talk radio after all.

he's changed the pricing then. When i first looked the 1st was five, then 2 or 3 at something like 3.50 and then the rest at 5. i have just taken a look now and he's doing the whole series for 31 dollars. it seems steep to me still. 

The Exorcist.

Please would somebody do the only decent thing and put that bloated botox disaster Geena Davis out of her fucking misery. Please ?!

The fat cunt can't act for toffee and her face is that fucking spasticated with plastic surgery that the sow cant even speak without sounding like a cheapo plastic f**tball that's had a knife put through it.

• Upvote 1

The Exorcist.

Please would somebody do the only decent thing and put that bloated botox disaster Geena Davis out of her fucking misery. Please ?!

The fat cunt can't act for toffee and her face is that fucking spasticated with plastic surgery that the sow cant even speak without sounding like a cheapo plastic f**tball that's had a knife put through it.

No good then?

The Exorcist.

So you don't fancy her any more then?

The Exorcist.

I'm watching this at the moment, two episodes in and it's ok, quite why people do that to their faces is beyond me though.

Surely looking old is better than looking old and really weird.

Speaking of which, I can't find the actress who plays the possesed girl's age online, 'was looking for a friend.

Currently going through both The Night Of and Season 2 of The missing.

Loving The Night Of, and The Missing is a good watch if a little convoluted.

Watched the first two episodes of The Night Of last night. It's very good. Looking forward to watching some more tonight. Hopefully Naz gets cleared so he can get back to the rubber dinghy rapids, bro.

• Upvote 1

I also watched that. Do you think it is genuine, or like myself think it's just taking a new concept to gain a TV audience? It all seemed a bit fake to me. Could be a mixture of both, for example, their backs are being watched by certain inmates. We'll probably get to see them being hit or stuff in future episodes to gain some sort of credibility that it is genuine, but some people will do anything for money.

The wife of the Marine who is taking part was worth watching it for though, she is stunningly beautiful.

Seems genuine to me - but I'd imagine they are ready to extract them at a moments notice.

I keep trying to watch the blacklist but I just cannot get into it, I don't know why, anyone else thought it wasn't for them ??

I like it but lots of my mates have jibbed it. James Spader is a bit marmite I suppose.

You also have to suspend disbelief that an 'elite' FBI unit can't find their arses with both hands.