You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

3 hours ago, Elite said:

I enjoyed it overall. 7/10 for me. The wokeness was pretty nauseating though. Netflix really need to chill on the inclusivity, it's getting ridiculous.

There's some changes sure, but most of it is from the late 80's source material.

https://winteriscoming.net/2022/04/27/neil-gaiman-responds-to-claims-that-netflixs-the-sandman-woke/

6 hours ago, Elite said:

I enjoyed it overall. 7/10 for me. The wokeness was pretty nauseating though. Netflix really need to chill on the inclusivity, it's getting ridiculous.

I thought I recognised the actor who played the drag Queen fella who ran the guest house so looked him up on Wikipedia to see what else he’d been in. 

This is genuinely on his Wiki page. He is a Radical Faerie. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Cameron_Mitchell?wprov=sfti1

In 1985, at the age of 22, Mitchell came out as gay to his family and friends. He came out publicly in a 1992 New York Times profile.His subsequent writing has often explored sexuality and gender. He is a Radical Faerie. Mitchell's experiences with the group influenced the making of Shortbus. Along with Shortbus stars PJ DeBoy and Paul Dawson and performance artists Amber Martin and Angela Di Carlo, he is a co-founder and DJ of the long-running New York City monthly party "Mattachine," named after the early American gay rights organization Mattachine Society. In 2022, he came out as non-binary. Mitchell explained in an interview that as well as coming out as nonbinary he continues to use he/him pronouns.

8 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I am currently doing the same. It's still as shit as I remember though. Aaron Paul is a very ordinary actor.

I enjoyed the first episode.

I don't mind Aaron Paul, he's no Robert DeNiro like but decent TV actor.

Better Call Saul finale - I really enjoyed it. The final season was great except i did struggle in one of the episodes to follow the time lines. 9/10

The man who fell to earth. Pretty decent and better than I was expecting. I'm sure they could have made more out of it and maybe knocked out a couple of episodes, but all in all it was very watchable. 7/10

The Undeclared War - I'm part way through this. A typical spy drama, based on the premise of a cyber war between the UK and Russia in the build up to the 2024 general election. 4 episodes in of 6 and I would give it 7.5/10. 

From. 7.5/10.

Formulatic sci-fi mystery series, main director is Jack Bender who was involved in Lost and this show does have echos of Lost (and one of the actors) along with other shows/films such as Wayward Pines, Salem's Lot, maybe even Truman Show.

A family on a road trip end up driving through a town they seemingly can't get out of, when they then crash in the woods and their truck is beyond fixing some the rescue them and take them back into town but are quite insistent that they must be indoors before nightfall.

It's not bad, does get stretched out a bit, 10 episodes in season 1, perhaps 8 could have sufficed, ends with a few sort of cliffhangers and thankfully season 2 has already been greenlit.

On 16/08/2022 at 19:39, Barrington Womble said:

The Undeclared War - I'm part way through this. A typical spy drama, based on the premise of a cyber war between the UK and Russia in the build up to the 2024 general election. 4 episodes in of 6 and I would give it 7.5/10. 

Ive just finished this myself. Thought it was really good. Could have done without the Russian episode as that was a bit dull and the pointless lesbian romance angle too.

7/10

1 hour ago, John102 said:

Ive just finished this myself. Thought it was really good. Could have done without the Russian episode as that was a bit dull and the pointless lesbian romance angle too.

7/10

Yeah, the Russian episode pissed me off as I really can't be fucked with full episodes of subtitles. I also thought it kind of finished a bit abruptly, but I assume that's because there's a season 2. I'd finish with a 7/10 too. 

I've just finished season 3 of For All Mankind. It's a strange show, I really want to like it and found this possibly the worst season, but the most easily watchable of the 3 so far. It all seemed to get a bit daft in the final episode. I'm assuming that's the end of it and there won't be any more. It's also hard to believe the period it's set, because none of the actors from season 1 & 2 look anywhere near old enough for 1994. I guess depending on my mood I might say it's a 6 or a 7 out of 10

14 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Did you rate the previous season so highly. I've not bothered watching it as I was disappointed in the end of season 1 and thought season 2 was shite. 

Yeah I quite liked them but I think the 3rd one is brilliant..only half hour episodes aswell

And lianne is tidy

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

Yeah I quite liked them but I think the 3rd one is brilliant..only half hour episodes aswell

And lianne is tidy

I might watch it if I'm stuck for something to watch. Although I've got loads to watch at the moment. 

Speaking of which I've started The Old Man tonight with Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow. It's about an agent who had to go off the grid 30 years ago and now someone is tracking him down. It's a decent opening episode, 7.5/10. 

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I thought you may have been half joking but given the character of 'Jimmy' was a real fella and victim's advocate I wouldnt be surprised,

To be honest mate,  as i was typing it i was thinking "Surely nobody who has seen it will think i'm being serious here" - but i'm aware it's difficult to convey certain jokes in writing. It needed an OTT sarcastic voice to really convey the point.