You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The Sandman - 9/10. Really enjoyed that. Gaiman is a master storyteller and Netflix have done him justice for the most part. There is one fairly major thing I don’t like but in the interests of not spoiling it for others I will not go into it for now.

• Upvote 1

Trainwreck - Woodstock '99.

Three parter about the infamous festival. It was only 23 years ago and i remember it at the time but feels like a completely different era, those organisers were a bunch of cunts, blaming the bands for riling up the crowd (at a rock festival!) instead of admitting their own failings in providing an adequate structure to hold 250k crowd festival. Then the glossing over the reported rapes by basically saying with the amount of people it was like it's own city and it was a blessing to have only a handful of assaults.

11 hours ago, Anubis said:

The Sandman - 9/10. Really enjoyed that. Gaiman is a master storyteller and Netflix have done him justice for the most part. There is one fairly major thing I don’t like but in the interests of not spoiling it for others I will not go into it for now.

Glad the rest of it is good. 

Started it last night and loved the first episode.

Really strong opening to the series, pleased to see the whole series getting a strong scoring there.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Juniper said:

Glad the rest of it is good. 

Started it last night and loved the first episode.

Really strong opening to the series, pleased to see the whole series getting a strong scoring there.

Ditto.

First episode was fantastic.

14 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Trainwreck - Woodstock '99.

Three parter about the infamous festival. It was only 23 years ago and i remember it at the time but feels like a completely different era, those organisers were a bunch of cunts, blaming the bands for riling up the crowd (at a rock festival!) instead of admitting their own failings in providing an adequate structure to hold 250k crowd festival. Then the glossing over the reported rapes by basically saying with the amount of people it was like it's own city and it was a blessing to have only a handful of assaults.

I watched this as well.

Back in the day, I was the a huuuuge Limp Bizkit. Although I realise now it’s rubbish, they are still a guilty pleasure.

So what I say next might sound biased, it’s not meant to, IMO, Limp Bizkit produced a set of which they were precisely paid to do. 

I’ve seen Limp Bizkit a couple of times at festivals (and once by themselves) and Durst gives the same speech through Break Stuff every time.

And they’ve never ended in a riot. 

If you want a festival you to replicate 1969 of peace of love, you don’t book Limp Bizkit, Korn, Rage Against The Machine, Metallica, Godsmack, Creed, Megadeath, Kid Rock etc. Some of those late’90s bands attracted the exact type knob’s who turned up. 

The organisation of the whole thing was disastrous. I knew previously prices for food and drink were extortionate, I didn’t realise about the garbage, security, heat / shade and sanitation issues. 

It was like Paris or Athens. Piss poor organisation, blame somebody else. Kirk Hammett’s comment of “Peace plus love equals capitalism” summed it up perfectly.

I’m not excusing the rioters element of the crowd, not for a second, I can empathise why people were pissed off with the whole situation. 

The stories of sexual assault etc are disgusting. I’d hope those who behaved abhorrently were caught and punished but I doubt it. 

On 07/08/2022 at 05:06, Anubis said:

I watched the first 4 episodes, looking forward to watching the rest.

5 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I watched this as well.

Back in the day, I was the a huuuuge Limp Bizkit. Although I realise now it’s rubbish, they are still a guilty pleasure.

So what I say next might sound biased, it’s not meant to, IMO, Limp Bizkit produced a set of which they were precisely paid to do. 

I’ve seen Limp Bizkit a couple of times at festivals (and once by themselves) and Durst gives the same speech through Break Stuff every time.

And they’ve never ended in a riot. 

If you want a festival you to replicate 1969 of peace of love, you don’t book Limp Bizkit, Korn, Rage Against The Machine, Metallica, Godsmack, Creed, Megadeath, Kid Rock etc. Some of those late’90s bands attracted the exact type knob’s who turned up. 

The organisation of the whole thing was disastrous. I knew previously prices for food and drink were extortionate, I didn’t realise about the garbage, security, heat / shade and sanitation issues. 

It was like Paris or Athens. Piss poor organisation, blame somebody else. Kirk Hammett’s comment of “Peace plus love equals capitalism” summed it up perfectly.

I’m not excusing the rioters element of the crowd, not for a second, I can empathise why people were pissed off with the whole situation. 

The stories of sexual assault etc are disgusting. I’d hope those who behaved abhorrently were caught and punished but I doubt it. 

Woodstock : Peace, Love and Rage was better

On 26/07/2022 at 21:39, Kepler-186 said:

Had a look for a decent nostalgia thread but nothing jumped out so have put it here.

Some of the stars of Grange Hill get together. 

Zammo, Roland, Janet, and Tucker. 

I'm sure I read somewhere there's a grange hill reboot happening. New kids but I'm pretty sure that lot are expected to be involved. 

Ive also been catching up with better call Saul today. Maybe because I'm a bit tired, but I struggled.to follow it properly with the different timelines. It's not I'm getting the 2 confused, I'm struggling to remember what story they're telling us on the Jimmy timeline. I was thinking of watching el camino again before the last 2 episodes as I wondered if there's some overlap going to happen there. 

4 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Blackbird

Wasn't completely blown away by this for reason though its a decent watch 

7/10

I enjoyed it, more so for the fact that it's based on real acts of cuntery.

26 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Like the look of The Sandman, but the film poster gives off ominous teeny MCU vibes. Can someone confirm or deny that please?

It’s rated 18 and is adult entertainment with adult themes. Just don’t expect it to be action orientated because the protagonists are godlike, not costumed superheroes.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I've just finished Black Bird, it was good, enjoyable but far from great.

It had aspirations to be True Detective or The Night Of but fell well short of both.

The acting was patchy and in the end, the story was pretty linear.

7/10 and that's probably a bit generous.

Yeah,it fizzled out and ended very abruptly. It was also a bit strangely edited too. 

On 07/08/2022 at 09:56, Section_31 said:

Prey, 4/10. Boring as fuck, was like a centre parcs advert.

Never known a franchise to get the dead horse treatment as much as predator, they're all dire except for the first. 

Terminator?

• Upvote 1