You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Watched the first three episodes of Under The Banner Of Heaven, a fictionalised account of the very real murder of a Mormon wife and baby by extremist Mormons.

Very slow burn but very good so far. Andrew Garfield plays the lead detective, also a Mormon, and it has dealt with issues of different approaches in the Mormon faith but is also dealing with the history of the Mormons through historical flashbacks.

Just now, paddyberger said:

Brilliant show, really had the just one more factor for me. 

Half way through the last episode (before the premiere) I thought they should have ended it at the end of the 9th episode in the cinema with the mafia watching it but then ...... 

Really fucking good that. We've got The Godfather on now 

49 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Finished watching Severance. Very good, indeed. The next series should be great. 

And sticking with @Elite / @Carvalho Diablo recommendations, I’ve moved onto Rectify. Watched four episodes last night. Great stuff again, boys. 

Rectify was actually @VladimirIlyich  recommendation. It's brilliant though, as good character development as you'll likely see in a show.

On 23/07/2022 at 20:21, Section_31 said:

Sherwood, top class drama about murders taking place in an old mining town, lots of stuff around the strikes, pickets, met infiltration. The governor in fine form as the lead too. 9/10.

Yeah, decent watch with horrible insight into what "the bitch" was up to.

She was one devious clever twat.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Pete said:

Only Murders in the Building, season 2. Episodes 1 -5.  
Brilliant stuff. 

Brilliant might be over-egging the pudding imo but OMITB is good innocent easy fun, really well made and it doesn't take itself seriously at all.

A very easy and enjoyable watch.

On 23/07/2022 at 15:52, Bjornebye said:

The Offer. Drama about the making of The Godfather. I'm 5 episodes in of 10. 

Absolutely superb so far! Brilliant cast, Miles Teller, Matthew Goode, Giovani Ribisi and the absolutely stunning Nora Arnezeder (below). It's about the mob and Sinatra opposing the making of the movie and Paramount taking risks. 

A genuine 9 out of 10 so far. 

Paramount + 

THE-OFFER.jpg

Nora-Arnezeder-ahe.jpg

On 23/07/2022 at 16:21, Elite said:

I'm going to start that.

I really enjoyed it and was pretty disappointed when it finished. I was quite surprised as I expected it to be crap. 

14 hours ago, Pete said:

Only Murders in the Building, season 2. Episodes 1 -5.  
Brilliant stuff. 

It's a great light viewing show. I think season 2 is maybe a little better than season 1..

On 25/06/2022 at 01:19, VladimirIlyich said:

Dark Winds is looking promising after a couple of episodes.

Directed by Robert Redford and concerns the crimes and events around a Native American reservation in the early 1970s. Stunning cinematography and Native American languages being used to give it some authenticity.

5 of 10 for me.

And that's with a point for attempting to weave some Navaho culture into the story, and another for keeping it brief (six hours instead of 8 or, God forbid, 10).

It needed a few re-writes.

Just started "The Offer" and whoever picked the actor playing Bob Evans made the perfect choice. He's stealing the show.

5 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

5 of 10 for me.

And that's with a point for attempting to weave some Navaho culture into the story, and another for keeping it brief (six hours instead of 8 or, God forbid, 10).

It needed a few re-writes.

Just started "The Offer" and whoever picked the actor playing Bob Evans made the perfect choice. He's stealing the show.

Fair point. It tailed off and was a really poor final episode. I have since found out that the two main characters are part of a series of books and this was based on the first. It could have been quite a bit better.

I am also enjoying Black Bird's first few episodes. Can't say I'm a big fan of that Taron Egerton though.